Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help picking a RTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jslider
ok, there are some good points. best one being to check the local track. I have found that that the hobby is sorted into those that like to bash and those that like to race and most people I have known like one or the other. As an example I have always found that the act of bashing is very boring to me, I find that racing is where my heart is and many of the drivers that I race with feel the same way,,,, most bashers I know and love LOL think that going to the track and racing is a waste of time and money. Based on those thoughts decide which you are more primarily leaning towards and look to it with more intensity.

As for bashing I have very little advise but for racing the statement of go to the track and talk to peaple is the best way find a vehicle class that interest you and get a vehicle that is specific to that class and start out in novice and move up to the full class racing.

I do think that 1/8th scale would not be the best unless it is a very strong class at your local track it is expensive and does have the possibility of being dangerous being that they are very fast and heavy.

do keep in mind that when picking a class it is nice to have a class that has a solid regular attendance it is not as much fun to drive with 5 like vehicles or sometimes get mixed into another class as it is to run with a full class on a regular basis plus there is a larger pool of people that can help with a good setup. oh and my personal favorite reason for running a class with more people there is a better chance that there is someone slower than me lol..

take a few of these into account along with the others pointed out.
So o took everyone's advise and went up to the track to talk to the owner about the best and most popular class out there and he pointed me into the 1/8 4wd electric buggy's. So I think I'm going to go with the ARRMA AR106001 Typhon 6S BLX 1/8 4WD Speed Buggy RTR Red Speed Buggy. With the 6s lipo batteries. Unless any of you pro's know of a better buggy.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buctastic
So o took everyone's advise and went up to the track to talk to the owner about the best and most popular class out there and he pointed me into the 1/8 4wd electric buggy's. So I think I'm going to go with the ARRMA AR106001 Typhon 6S BLX 1/8 4WD Speed Buggy RTR Red Speed Buggy. With the 6s lipo batteries. Unless any of you pro's know of a better buggy.
If you just have to have a rtr I would go with the HPI vorza before that one. Also with a the stock motors in both of those(2050kv Typhoon) (2200kv HPI), 4s batteries will be better for racing. 6s would be uncontrollably fast for track racing. 6s is more for bashing-speed runs.

With that being said the HPI will be more durable as well. Also with either rtr kits, The shocks and diffs will need to be checked for fluid, especially the diffs.

I would suggest being patient and save up for a kit. I recommend an Tekno EB48.2 or a Mugen mbx7r. Tekno being my first choice.