Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stiggosaurus
Thanks for the info everyone. Those run time numbers are a bit disappointing though. While I probably will race occasionally, I find I usually just run laps on the weekends at my local track. With a 4S 6700mah battery/1900kv SMC/Hobbwing XR8 SCT ESC I'm getting at least 30 minutes (maybe closer to 45 minutes) of run time out of my EB48.4. I'd like to see something comparable in any SCT I build as well. Would going down to a smaller motor help in any measurable way? Maybe something in the 3600-4000kv range?
It's not so much a matter of KV, as it is battery voltage that makes the difference. A 2s lipo can only do so much in a heavy 4x4 short course truck. The only way to get runtimes similar to your 4s setup in your buggy is to run a 4s setup in your SCT. One reason I am getting rid of my 4x4 SCT. I cant run 4s at our local track and 2s just doesn't cut it anymore in my book
Old 06-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stiggosaurus
Thanks for the info everyone. Those run time numbers are a bit disappointing though. While I probably will race occasionally, I find I usually just run laps on the weekends at my local track. With a 4S 6700mah battery/1900kv SMC/Hobbwing XR8 SCT ESC I'm getting at least 30 minutes (maybe closer to 45 minutes) of run time out of my EB48.4. I'd like to see something comparable in any SCT I build as well. Would going down to a smaller motor help in any measurable way? Maybe something in the 3600-4000kv range?
If your running your buggy for 30-45 minutes, you need to stop. I assume by running it that long, your running to LVC, which is bad for the health of your batteries. Which also makes me ask if you keep your batteries at storage charge when not in use?

I run for 10-12 minutes at a time with buggy or truggy. And usually during practice I'm using my 7200mah batteries, and run for 10 minutes with my SCT.

Best practice is to have 2 packs for each vehicle, and run them on rotation. Some people have 3. While your running, a pack is charging, and no issues.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With a 3s 3000kv I can run for 30-35 mins on a track if I'm not racing

LVC at 3.4
Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Stiggosaurus, I'm pretty sure you aren't getting 30-45 minutes of runtime with that setup. I could see 15 to 20 but much more than that seems unlikely. The other thing you need to consider here and it has been mentioned by others is motor heat. Firing batteries through one after the other doesn't allow the motor to cool and can lead to overheating. I know you aren't racing but a seized motor sucks for bashing or racing both. I would suggest you get a temp gauge and monitor your temps. I would also set a timer on your remote to remind you to pull off and let things cool down. Check with the locals and find out how long the races are set for the classes you have. They set the length for a reason, typically to ensure equipment isn't destroyed by running too long.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
If your running your buggy for 30-45 minutes, you need to stop. I assume by running it that long, your running to LVC, which is bad for the health of your batteries. Which also makes me ask if you keep your batteries at storage charge when not in use?

I run for 10-12 minutes at a time with buggy or truggy. And usually during practice I'm using my 7200mah batteries, and run for 10 minutes with my SCT.

Best practice is to have 2 packs for each vehicle, and run them on rotation. Some people have 3. While your running, a pack is charging, and no issues.
While I've only been back into the RC scene for a few months now, this just seems overly cautious in my opinion. First off, I'm not running 30-45 minutes solid. There are usually 3-5 minute breaks sprinkled in here and there (often when I need to go flip the buggy back over!) LVC is set to 3.5v as SMC recommends. Everything I've read on storage charges indicate they aren't necessary unless you are storing the battery for longer than a week or two. I'm at the track at least once a week, often more frequently. On top of all that, I'm checking motor temps with a temp gun after every full run and have yet to see the motor get over 160F (even in 90+F weather).
bds81175 likes this.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Anti squat

I have a dumb question.....the book says the pill for the c mount goes in with the dot center, bottom. Book says this is 3* but continues to say that the dot in the center is 3* with the composite c block. Can anyone please explain? I have my dot center, bottom. What anti squat setting does this give? If I want to reduce anti squat, where would I move the dot to?
Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2017, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RookieRacer00
I have a dumb question.....the book says the pill for the c mount goes in with the dot center, bottom. Book says this is 3* but continues to say that the dot in the center is 3* with the composite c block. Can anyone please explain? I have my dot center, bottom. What anti squat setting does this give? If I want to reduce anti squat, where would I move the dot to?
Thanks in advance
Your current setting would be 2 degrees, to go less than that you will need to adjust the D block upwards (explained in more detail below) or get the aluminum C block (it has 1 degree less antisquat than the composite)

Antisquat is the front side (c block) of the hinge pin raised up more from the chassis than the back side (d block). The composite C block is 3 degrees taller than the D block, this is why when you have the same dot on both blocks you still have 3 degrees antisquat.

If you want less antisquat you would lower the dot on the C block (this puts the front of the hinge pin closer to the chassis). If you run out of adjustment on the C block you can start raising up the dot on the D block (this gives less antisquat because it raises the back of the hinge pin closer to the height of the C block)
bds81175 likes this.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by anr211
Your current setting would be 2 degrees, to go less than that you will need to adjust the D block upwards (explained in more detail below) or get the aluminum C block (it has 1 degree less antisquat than the composite)

Antisquat is the front side (c block) of the hinge pin raised up more from the chassis than the back side (d block). The composite C block is 3 degrees taller than the D block, this is why when you have the same dot on both blocks you still have 3 degrees antisquat.

If you want less antisquat you would lower the dot on the C block (this puts the front of the hinge pin closer to the chassis). If you run out of adjustment on the C block you can start raising up the dot on the D block (this gives less antisquat because it raises the back of the hinge pin closer to the height of the C block)
That's what I thought. The manual is very confusing because it instructs to put the dot all the way down but lists anti-squat as 3° for this setting. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 06-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Vid of some more action:

https://www.facebook.com/bdb86/video...8775858580024/

This time conditions were a bit on the dry side, so it may be a little wetter next time.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

I used to run a tekin 1850kv pro 4 hd/ RX8 4S set up in 410.3

On 4S 16tooth pinion with fans/ heatsink on motor temps hit 45 deg celcius then 70 deg celcius without fans/ heatsink on motor, 2 x 5000 batteries gave 15 min constant runs till lipo cut out on track

Last edited by Losixxl2e; 06-22-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys

I bought a sct410.3 sometime ago but i didn't get a chance to run it till today due to some issues and it seems it makes a screaming sound when it's running and the gears don't seem to mesh well (some sort of jitter noise at the drive shaft)

I've tried moving the motor and pinion gear closer to the spur gear but there's no improvement,

https://youtu.be/btr73y8DGZg
Old 06-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by novaris
hi guys

I bought a sct410.3 sometime ago but i didn't get a chance to run it till today due to some issues and it seems it makes a screaming sound when it's running and the gears don't seem to mesh well (some sort of jitter noise at the drive shaft)

I've tried moving the motor and pinion gear closer to the spur gear but there's no improvement,

https://youtu.be/btr73y8DGZg
If it's coming from the diffs, It's possible you need an extra shim or just need to switch the side of the diff the shim is on. Did you build it yourself?
Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

anyone have some recent opinions going with the "standard" setup from the diff perspective on loamy surfaces? Running 7-7-3 here but still curious about the 15-15-10 setup .

I may give it a try if I can find some spare diffs here too, but still curious on first hand experiences.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cain
anyone have some recent opinions going with the "standard" setup from the diff perspective on loamy surfaces? Running 7-7-3 here but still curious about the 15-15-10 setup .

I may give it a try if I can find some spare diffs here too, but still curious on first hand experiences.
takein a stab at this........ is this Dana ?
Old 06-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ezlight

is this Dana ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.