Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Ok, So did the front diff do the same thing when trying to install it in the rear bulkhead??
Yes the front diff did the same thing and the rear diff was perfect in the front bulkhead?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theo551
Yes the front diff did the same thing and the rear diff was perfect in the front bulkhead?
Rebuild diff. That's your issue. Something not quite right there.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Josh L
Sounds like you don't have it seated completely strait.
You might wanna go ahead and tear down that diff, clean and dry off the seal and then reassemble it to try again. These are extremely close tolerance parts compared to other diffs I have built. Wouldn't take much to bind things to get a slight wobble induced into the gear rotation.
When everything is apart, I would check the outer gear thoroughly by laying it on a very flat surface, like a glass table or marble counter top to make sure it is't a manufacturer warp or defect in the trueness of the part. If all looks good, just put it back together again and go from there.
When I used the rear diff in the front gear box I get the same results. When I use the front diff in the rear it works perfectly. This leads me to believe it maybe a defective front bulkhead\gear box. I could be wrong but I don't know what else it could be.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Rebuild diff. That's your issue. Something not quite right there.
Both diffs work in the rear and both diffs don't work in the front. How could it be the diffs? Wouldn't they not work in the rear if it was the diff?
Old 11-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Both diffs work in the rear and both diffs don't work in the front. How could it be the diffs? Wouldn't they not work in the rear if it was the diff?
Well, that's not what you said. You said "the rear diff was perfect in the front bulkhead" Which, IF that were the case, the issue would be the front diff.

But now that you say "Both diffs work in the rear and both diffs don't work in the front.", you have a different scenario.

Look closer at your pinion/bearings.
1) Make sure the inside bearing is seated fully into the opening in the bulkhead.
2) Make sure the pinion seats fully into bearing.
3) You may not need shims at all.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, that's not what you said. You said "the rear diff was perfect in the front bulkhead" Which, IF that were the case, the issue would be the front diff.

But now that you say "Both diffs work in the rear and both diffs don't work in the front.", you have a different scenario.

Look closer at your pinion/bearings.
1) Make sure the inside bearing is seated fully into the opening in the bulkhead.
2) Make sure the pinion seats fully into bearing.
3) You may not need shims at all.
My mistake. I meant to say front diff was perfect in the rear bulkhead
Old 11-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

My mistake. I meant to say front diff was perfect in the rear bulkhead
Also, IIRC, there was mention, or someone showing to use a little fine sandpaper to shave back the very edge of the bulkhead is sometimes needed. Don't remember where I saw that though.

I've built 3, and never had an issue.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I got it guys thank you all so much for your help. There was a small piece of something stuck to the bearing I mean very small it's hard to believe that woukd make a difference. Thanks again guys I'm sure you will be hearing from me again
Old 11-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

I got it guys thank you all so much for your help. There was a small piece of something stuck to the bearing I mean very small it's hard to believe that woukd make a difference. Thanks again guys I'm sure you will be hearing from me again
Good stuff, glad you found the problem.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Good stuff, glad you found the problem.
Yeah me too, it was making me crazy. Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yeah me too, it was making me crazy. Thanks again for your help.
When in doubt, ask. We're a very friendly and helpful group of folks in the Tekno forums.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by justpoet
When in doubt, ask. We're a very friendly and helpful group of folks in the Tekno forums.
Accept for this guy......he's kinda questionable...
Old 11-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I talked to a Tekno rep on the phone the other day for quite a while. They are a very friendly and extremely helpful group of people. Jonathan gave me some great setup advice and was very patient with all my questions.

By the way, if you're running on a indoor clay track and haven't put those spacers under your wheel stops you are not helping yourself at all. I started at 2mm of spacer, that helped a lot but did decrease steering radius on the track. Switched to 1mm of spacer and a great amount of oversteer came back. I ended up settling at 1.5 mm of spacer under the stops and it is perfect! Turns just about a sharp as without the spacers but is so much more stable, consistent and easier to driver without a ton of oversteer. What is interesting is after you install the spacers and drive the truck at slow speed on the ground, the lack of steering radius is noticeable. But once you get the truck on the track at speed the thing turns as sharp as before, this truck likes to be driven hard!

I am so happy with the 410.3. It is a great car to drive. Feels nimble, consistent and is just a fast car. Tekno did the short course market awesomely, I hope they're around for a while. I wouldn't mind picking up one of their e buggies next.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Accept for this guy......he's kinda questionable...
"Except"
If your going to take a crack at a person you have to have correct grammar!
It is after all the internet mayne! Spell something wrong on youtube and see what happens!

On another note,.. I received some nice parts in the mail today. The girl friend will be ecstatic!

Will also be getting these three soon to do some testing with

Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JayCrash450
I talked to a Tekno rep on the phone the other day for quite a while. They are a very friendly and extremely helpful group of people. Jonathan gave me some great setup advice and was very patient with all my questions......
I have noticed this myself. They seem more down to earth in regard to customer relation than a few other companies I have dealt with.
I am sold on them for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.