Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TheRockman
I have one shock I can't get to quit leaking. I built them as vented per the instructions. Been running the truck for about a year and about a month ago one of the rear shocks started putting oil out of the top vent hole. I figured the cap was bad so I put a new cap on rebuilt it and when you compress the shock, oil comes out of the top vent hole. None of the rest of the shocks do this? Maybe the bladder??
Yes, I think you have a tear in the bladder. I read some people have some chafing of the bladder from some flashing left behind after drilling the hole. I would take a look there. ~Tom
Old 06-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheRockman
I have one shock I can't get to quit leaking. I built them as vented per the instructions. Been running the truck for about a year and about a month ago one of the rear shocks started putting oil out of the top vent hole. I figured the cap was bad so I put a new cap on rebuilt it and when you compress the shock, oil comes out of the top vent hole. None of the rest of the shocks do this? Maybe the bladder??
The hole that you drilled for the vent can have flashing that will puncture the bladder after some laps. Take the caps off and clean up this flashing and the bladders will last longer. I spent a lot of money on bladders before I figured this out. Now I run emulsion so no bladders needed.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sct410 monster truck

Hi. I am new to RC scene and I want to built RC truck to my 5 years old daughter (and for myself). I have purchaded second hand rolling sct410. Now i have questions regarding this my monster truck project. I am planning to buy 17mm Hex adapters tkr5570-17, 1/8 truggy tires and wheels, 1/8 120A ESC, 2650KV motor and 15t pinion, 2s or 3s battery and some monster body.

Any thoughts? Is this going to be good combination? Is it gearing too high with truggy tires? Can i use 0 off set wheels, or is it 1/2 off set better?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can some one post up a set up sheet for dirt.?????????????. I am going to buy this unit.. BUT most of the set ups are for carpet and clay I run out door loose hard pack, sometimes wet between classes. oils, springs, I will be running a 4600 on 2;s tekin. thanks
Old 06-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any of these help?

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5507...b-setup-sheets
chucko likes this.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi! I'm gonna pick a new sct410.3 on a budget. Could i use HW ezrun max10 sct electronics? The motor has 3.175mm shaft.
thank you in advance!
Old 06-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lexusbest
Hi! I'm gonna pick a new sct410.3 on a budget. Could i use HW ezrun max10 sct electronics? The motor has 3.175mm shaft.
thank you in advance!
What are you going to use it for?
Old 06-23-2019, 03:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
Can some one post up a set up sheet for dirt.?????????????. I am going to buy this unit.. BUT most of the set ups are for carpet and clay I run out door loose hard pack, sometimes wet between classes. oils, springs, I will be running a 4600 on 2;s tekin. thanks
Chucko, here is my current set-up sheet.
See the notes in the Electronics section noted for Shaws which is hard pack,but gets blown out and loose later in the day. I also raise the ride height a touch.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cliff 9-1-18.pdf (633.2 KB, 117 views)
chucko and a1 like this.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by FastPete
What are you going to use it for?
just playing. The motor has 5mm shaft, my mistake
Old 07-01-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello and thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I've read it a few times now and learned a ton. I have less than a year RC experience at this point so I am kinda like a sponge, soaking it all in.

I built my 410.3 a couple months ago as a 4s machine for my home track. Later I found out that I am only 30 minutes away from one of the best tracks in Texas, Thornhill Raceway. So now I plan to race on their indooor carpet track as a beginner and eventually progress to the 1/8 scale dirt track with 4wd buggy.

I rebuilt the truck this past week and used the Munn AstroTurf setup sheet. I deviated from the setup with my own shock combo. I installed a HW XERUN 5100kv motor to go with the XR8 ESC already in the truck. Currently have a 15T pinion installed. I'm not sure this was the best motor choice but I'm going to work with it. Already looking at motor fans.

With the box setup I was one of the folks who couldn't achieve ride height. I couldn't get it down low enough. Since my home track is bumpy with big jumps I didn't worry about it. On this recent rebuild, I was able to achieve the 19mm ride height prescribed in the setup. I think there were two main factors. One, the factory springs are too long to get that low. I installed the low frequency green springs all the way around. They are shorter. I have a set of LF pinks for further tuning. Second was my shock build. I was running nonvented bladder shocks previously. When I built them with no rebound, they still had rebound. I assume because the area above the bladder is sealed and builds pressure during compression. I vented the cap this time and the result was a a no rebound shock. Once everything was installed I had to actually tighten the spring tensioners to come up to ride height.

I have a setup question I'm hoping someone can answer. When setting ride height, front toe and f&r camber, what is the order of operations? I started with ride height, then should I adjust camber, then recheck ride height? I know ride height affects camber and vice versa.

Im also having a problem with replacement front a arms. After intalling them, there is now a gap, 3mm or so, between the arm and the blocks. The arm now moves forward and backwards on the pin. I didn't have the issue with the box parts setup. I saw someone else had this issue in this thread but it was never addressed. For now I've simply put one of those C spacers on the pin to take up the slop but I feel that it's a bandaid and there is some other issue.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi chaps, I’m new to short course and took my truck out for the first time. The track is hard packed clay with some loose dust on top and I was struggling to keep the rear from spinning out. I’ve never really had to tune my buggy to get “neutral” handling so I was wondering what would be the biggest factor in helping to stabilize the rear and keep it from spinning 180’s both on and off throttle?
I’ve built it stock. One thing I was pleased about was the jumping. I had read people having a nose down issue but I found it capable of nose down or nose up depending on how I applied the throttle and very quickly I was landing nicely on the downhill ramp of the second jump.
I just need to get the 180 spins fixed and I think I will be very happy. :-)
-Tom
Old 07-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Hax
Hi chaps, I’m new to short course and took my truck out for the first time. The track is hard packed clay with some loose dust on top and I was struggling to keep the rear from spinning out. I’ve never really had to tune my buggy to get “neutral” handling so I was wondering what would be the biggest factor in helping to stabilize the rear and keep it from spinning 180’s both on and off throttle?
I’ve built it stock. One thing I was pleased about was the jumping. I had read people having a nose down issue but I found it capable of nose down or nose up depending on how I applied the throttle and very quickly I was landing nicely on the downhill ramp of the second jump.
I just need to get the 180 spins fixed and I think I will be very happy. :-)
-Tom
Hi Tom sounds like diff oils.. it might help to post up what your running. tires are 80% throttle finger and gearing is 10% Driving is everything. shock oils and angles are important along with ride height droop springs so on and on.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lexusbest
just playing. The motor has 5mm shaft, my mistake
That will work well.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chucko
Hi Tom sounds like diff oils.. it might help to post up what your running. tires are 80% throttle finger and gearing is 10% Driving is everything. shock oils and angles are important along with ride height droop springs so on and on.
Thanks for the offer of help. I raced yesterday and gave my truck to a couple of the faster guys to see how they liked it. They said it wasn't bad. But I was struggling, for instance at the end of the straight I could spin out 180 degrees or on a sweeping turn, the rear can start to come around. I was advised to loosen the rear anti roll bar screws but not many other suggestions.

Set up is : AKA city block tyres, shocks 350 front, 200 rear with green and black springs respectively. Front has shocks on inside hole on tower, inside on arm with camber link on B2. Center dots for sweep and kick up.

Rear has shocks second hole from inside on tower, inside on arm. Camber link on B2. Aluminum C block with centre dots on both pills. This reduces anti squat by 1 degree.

Camber is small negative, front toe out is slight. (No tools, I eye ball it with calipers!) Ackermann on rear hole. I know I have now changed a few things from stock. I haven't made it worse but no better either.

Diff oils are 7000, 7000, 5000. Stock

But maybe I just need to learn SCT. It drives very differently from my buggy which seems to follow the path I want without deviation. I'm told I need to kind of drift the truck. But anyway, I will gladly take any other set up advice.

Kind wishes

Tom

Last edited by Tom Hax; 07-07-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: missed out something
Old 07-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Try shimming the rear hubs forward, that will put more weight over the rear tires, you have 5mm to play with, cant remember what stock is but check your hubs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.