Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Regarding the front bumper issue... I had the same problem right off... the screw just never seemed to take.. but after converting it over to a SL and putting that lil baby bumper on and having the same issue with the normal screw... here's the "boom"...

Use your small hex driver and punch through the back of the hole and use a longer version of the same hex screw... magic for this guys problem...
Old 10-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4s losi
Agreed. When I jumped ship from the losi (which I hated) and started driving the tekno I was definitely better. But still not great. When I finally learned to drive the tekno differently...the truck really took off. And I've never looked back. No matter what I did to the losi it just wouldn't respond for me. Plus the losi requires far more regular maintenance. And I agree 100% about the weight...the more power you have the extra weight really helps. Especially on outdoor tracks
I agree about the maintenance, Tekno trucks simply don't need any!! however, the front heavy design can suck on some layouts.. if you have one you know what I mean. that same drawback becomes an amazing benefit when you encounter a track that does NOT have the dreaded jump before sharp turn combo. That combo will have you pulling your hair out with the tekno - until you learn to compensate with throttle going up and leaving the jump.. but that can also hurt lap times. so yea, tekno kills with its amazing change of direction and front grip.. but....
Old 10-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
The funny thing is....I got it to work on the tight indoor layout as well....go figure
From my own experience,I've found that the Tekno can be push much harder and staying consistence throughout the race than the other.(not bashing the other)
I agree you can push this truck hard but I've found recently that the more finesse I use the faster I'm going. Sometimes slow is fast
Old 10-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twistedneck
I agree about the maintenance, Tekno trucks simply don't need any!! however, the front heavy design can suck on some layouts.. if you have one you know what I mean. that same drawback becomes an amazing benefit when you encounter a track that does NOT have the dreaded jump before sharp turn combo. That combo will have you pulling your hair out with the tekno - until you learn to compensate with throttle going up and leaving the jump.. but that can also hurt lap times. so yea, tekno kills with its amazing change of direction and front grip.. but....
Agreed. That was frustrating me as well. While alot of the changes I made made it better I still struggled with it. Then I changed how I drove it. Used more finesse. Take the jumps a little slower and land smother and hard on the throttle through the turn. I no longer have that issue and my lap times dropped considerably.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Curious, how often do you guys have to change out wheel bearings? I just ordered some from Avid cause my are trashed and my truck is really new.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
Thanks. Ordered.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by deceit
Curious, how often do you guys have to change out wheel bearings? I just ordered some from Avid cause my are trashed and my truck is really new.
at first I noticed several going gritty.. I replaced them and it seems fine now, however I have not checked it in 2 months of racing i'm sure more are bad. LOL
Old 10-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Suspended

Well I had a bearing blow out completely today on my 1.5 month old EB48.3.. ><
They did get gritty almost intermediately though..
Old 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM
Suspended

http://events.redrc.net/2016/10/chas...-ryan-lutz-6/#

wonder if this means new stuff coming for the sct as well?
Old 10-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Does any of y'all have some info on cleaning up the slop in the steering?.. would like to take the wiggle outta the wheels...
Old 10-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

This past weekend I was racing indoors for the first time with my sct410.3. I practiced quite a bit Fri. night and show up for the race Saturday to run my first qual and my front diff outdrive snapped. My buddy who is a Tekno team driver and only had his eb48.3 came to the rescue with the new outdrives that Tekno just put out not long ago. Part number is TKR5114XB. I was leery at first as to whether or not it would fit being that the outdrive is made for the EB/NB ET/NT cars. Well I put it in and it fit like a glove. My question is, will this hurt my truck in any way? Should I go ahead and replace the others with the new ones?
Old 10-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Any of y'all having issues whit the inside of the hub's stripping out from crashing?.. I've had it happen to both the front and the rear. There's only a little bit of plastic between those two bearings that keeps them separated..

Doesn't look like Tekno or anyone makes any aluminum hopups for these...
Old 10-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thrifty
Any of y'all having issues whit the inside of the hub's stripping out from crashing?.. I've had it happen to both the front and the rear. There's only a little bit of plastic between those two bearings that keeps them separated..

Doesn't look like Tekno or anyone makes any aluminum hopups for these...
They had a problem with that on the SL's, haven't heard of that happening on the SCT. But the solution for the SL was shims behind the pins on the axle.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ezlight
They had a problem with that on the SL's, haven't heard of that happening on the SCT. But the solution for the SL was shims behind the pins on the axle.
And I've turned my 410.3 into a SL. The spacer/shim thought was exactly what I was thinking it needs. Something just smaller than the outer ring of the 13mm bearing.
Do you know what those guys used? If I can prevent it in the others and possibly fix the old ones that'd be awesome...

And on another note... what are some of yall's diff fluid weights? They redid the track where I run and there are some tight turns (mostly 1:10th buggys there) and I have shat for on power steering... I was thinking of 3-7-3 and seeing what happens. This will be the first time I've worked with diff fluid for tuning. Also reading up on what camber and toe on the front do for increasing turning...
Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thrifty
And I've turned my 410.3 into a SL. The spacer/shim thought was exactly what I was thinking it needs. Something just smaller than the outer ring of the 13mm bearing.
Do you know what those guys used? If I can prevent it in the others and possibly fix the old ones that'd be awesome...

And on another note... what are some of yall's diff fluid weights? They redid the track where I run and there are some tight turns (mostly 1:10th buggys there) and I have shat for on power steering... I was thinking of 3-7-3 and seeing what happens. This will be the first time I've worked with diff fluid for tuning. Also reading up on what camber and toe on the front do for increasing turning...
No, Contact [email protected] with what the problem is, Tell them you have the EB48SL, since it's no longer an SCT, and that you were told there were shims to prevent this from happening. Also might be a good time to take advantage of their 50% warranty for the parts you broke.

Ebuggy I run 7-7-5.....sct I run 10-10-7....SL...Somewhere in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.