Wiki Posts
Search

Team orion vortex r10 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 06:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default Team orion vortex r10 help

I bought a brand new orion vortex R10 pro esc, connected it all up and it worked fine for about 10 minutes and then for some reason all of a sudden it stopped sending a signal to the receiver, at first i thought i blew the receiver tried connecting it to another receiver with no luck so i tested the receiver on another car and it worked fine, the weird part is the esc turns on blinks and does every thing it should but won't send signal to the receiver took it back to the shop were i bought it they opened it up but couldn't find a problem so they exchanged it, got home connected the new esc up and it worked fine, but this time it ran for about 30 seconds and same again stopped sending a signal to the receiver, at first i thought it turned of had a look and the LED on the esc was still on but the LED on the receiver was off again loosing signal. Has any one experienced any thing like this or does anyone have any idea as to whats going wrong, the fact that its happened to 2 esc makes me think some one else must have experienced this as well. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Try swapping the servo. It may be browning out the BEC.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Problem here as well... Ran for less than 1 minute, zero throttle/brake input, fan is running, no lights.. Tried to hook up the program box, no response, replaced capacitors, checked for grounded wires, fully charged shorty, etc... I've got steering, etc, just no response from the ESC.

Help. Literally just soldered this up last night... Got it from A-Main, R10.1
Old 03-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Try swapping the servo. It may be browning out the BEC.
Thanks made no difference.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

If you have the program box, try loading the latest firmware on Orion's site on it. Then load it onto the ESC. You can also try just resetting back to factory default with program box and recalibrate as well. If that fails you can contact Horizon hobby or register at my.teamorion.com for support. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

try adding a ubec or bec.. dont forget to remove center wire from rx plug of esc.. might help..
Old 03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Suspended

Spoke with orion today, they said send it back apparently there is a batch of these ESC that have a faulty BEC.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can try going through the steps again...

1> Rebind your radio to your receiver

then

2> Sync the radio to the esc...

note: the R10 comes set up for a 2 pole motor. You have to download an upgrade from the website if you are going to use it on a 4 pole motor.

Good to hear Orion is stepping up to replacing a bad batch if that is the problem.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lowspark
You can try going through the steps again...

1> Rebind your radio to your receiver

then

2> Sync the radio to the esc...

note: the R10 comes set up for a 2 pole motor. You have to download an upgrade from the website if you are going to use it on a 4 pole motor.

Good to hear Orion is stepping up to replacing a bad batch if that is the problem.
Cant do any of your suggestion as there is no power going to the receiver, from what i understand from what they said once the bec inside goes there is nothing you can do except return it. I even tried an external BEC still didn't work.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default ESC R10 Issue!

Well here is another story this past week! I been running the R10 for about 1 month. Changed motors and wired A/C backwards turned on and off that it was wrong. It did smell it. Then re-wired and tried again. The ESC was re-programmed throttle response, neutral/full/brake and lights comes onbut motor won't spin. Changed battery, receiver, caps,motors still nothing. I did buy one off RC Tech and got ESC Wednesday and put it in buggy. Still same thing. I even re did controller with new profile nothing.

Now, with motor in front of me, i see the shaft on motor wiggle. but from zero won't move, I help it and spin shaft a little with fingers and motors work up and down until you go back to zero, then nothing. Esc lights work everything and this is with ESC i just got from RC Tech same as my first one. The buggy has new receiver, the 2nd ESC, new capacitors, and different motor from when i turned power with wrong wiring.

After going through everything with racing buddy, either the ESC or the switch is issue I think. It is like throttle bind is not locked in eventhough once I spin the motor it works. I even changed sensor wire from my working truck and didnt fix.

Maybe ESC update??

Any Ideas??
Old 03-28-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Addict

Default Update??

Well, I took everything out of buggy and downloaded program box upgrade to 1.14.
Then updated ESC with software. Both speed controls were set for 4-pole. Is that what it should be. Motors are Ion3 and tekin redline??

I changed to software for MOD and updated both Esc. Computer said ESC okay and both ESC were adjusted to what I like to drive and loaded on ESC.

Took and re-wired motor,connected everything, and still motor won't spin from zero!! I can help by spinning shaft and then it recognizes throttle inputs, but when back to stop, nothing.

Even re-did throttle link with ESC, and still nothing.
Only thing not changed is the Switch. Is that an Issue??

Someone have any information would be great!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
Well, I took everything out of buggy and downloaded program box upgrade to 1.14.
Then updated ESC with software. Both speed controls were set for 4-pole. Is that what it should be. Motors are Ion3 and tekin redline??

I changed to software for MOD and updated both Esc. Computer said ESC okay and both ESC were adjusted to what I like to drive and loaded on ESC.

Took and re-wired motor,connected everything, and still motor won't spin from zero!! I can help by spinning shaft and then it recognizes throttle inputs, but when back to stop, nothing.

Even re-did throttle link with ESC, and still nothing.
Only thing not changed is the Switch. Is that an Issue??

Someone have any information would be great!
Wait, what motors are you running?
Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Wait, what motors are you running?
Right, sounds like he is trying to use 2 pole motors in the cars but has 4 pole firmware loaded on the ESC which I'm guessing could make it have the issues he is.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Right, sounds like he is trying to use 2 pole motors in the cars but has 4 pole firmware loaded on the ESC which I'm guessing could make it have the issues he is.
Dan that is definitely my assumption right now. I don't have any experience with the motors he's using, so that's why I asked.
Old 03-29-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default Motors??

I am running a ION3 13.5 and was seeing if motor was issue with Tekin Redline 17.5.

I did change ESC software back to 2 pole settings. I choose MOD. Do I need to choose a stock software to run those motors??

Even after changing the ESC to MOD software, still motors won't start from zero! I spin shaft and works fine, but the stop and nothing again!

Thanks for you help! Maybe we figure something out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.