Wiki Posts
Search

Cactus Classic charging for spectating and outside food

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Cactus Classic charging for spectating and outside food

I saw a picture that Jason Snyder posted from the CC that they will be charging people $2 to bring outside food in and $15 for a weekend pass of spectating. Seems pretty petty to me. So if you're on a budget and want to make some sandwiches and bring your own drinks to the track...yeah, sorry, you need to cough up some more money. Want your family or friends to come see you race...yeah, sorry, they have to pay to get in. Way to ruin it organizers!
Old 03-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Yea I don't understand charging people if they bring in food ?
Old 03-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What if someone has food allergies???? It's not like your bringing your own flask of Jameson into a bar.........What kind of jerk would do that anyway?
Old 03-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CTRJ
I saw a picture that Jason Snyder posted from the CC that they will be charging people $2 to bring outside food in and $15 for a weekend pass of spectating. Seems pretty petty to me. So if you're on a budget and want to make some sandwiches and bring your own drinks to the track...yeah, sorry, you need to cough up some more money. Want your family or friends to come see you race...yeah, sorry, they have to pay to get in. Way to ruin it organizers!
I don't see charging $2 to bring in food as that big of a deal. As for the $15 for spectating, well you don't get to the local dirt track and watch stock cars racing for free...hell even our small time motocross track charges spectators admission for weekly Sunday races. It takes a lot of time, effort, and man hours of work to put on one of these big events, I don't see a problem of the promoters and owners trying to recoup their costs and possibly even make a reasonable profit. After all, they are business people. If the extra $$ is a deal breaker, then don't go...it's that simple.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pretty sure you can go to the Reedy Race and the IFMAR Worlds and bring your own food in and spectate for free. This is just a ploy to get more money.

And is that $2 each time you bring in outside food?
Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Coming from a motocross background I am used to paying racing and spectating fees but most of those are just to cover the extremely high insurance rates the promoters are forced to carry. still never had to pay a fee to bring in our own food tho...
Old 03-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

With any competitive hobby that is trying to grow and get a fan base, charging for admission is plain stupid. What about that little kid whose friend told him about a cool rc race, he happens to be close by with his mom dad and sibling, wants to go check it out real quick, parents are game until dad realizes it's going to cost 8- 10 bucks to go watch toy cars. Way to grow the hobby. Until rc racing is anywhere close to being mainstream spectating has to be free.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

As a business owner who has sponsored many events, I have no problem with this. I don't think most people understand amount lot of time, effort, money, and dedication to put on a big event. If the cactus classic has grown to the point that can it charge a few bucks...good for them. Really.....bitching about 2 bucks to bring your own food into a facility when said facility is providing you a venue for the hobby you love.....that's petty.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

My youngest daughter does Cheer leading. I have to pay for her lessons, pay for her outfit, pay for her competitions and I have to pay to watch them... And I cant bring my own food in. But.....I knew about all of this way in advance and committed to that. I think the issue is that, this was never on the flyer and seems like a last minute effort for $$. Max entries were increased from 400 to 450, all of the permanent pit space was rented out. They are really trying hard to eek out every dollar. Maybe this is required for them to stay in business, I dont know. But IMO, this information should have been communicated sooner.

And yes, I am racing the cactus classic with my oldest daughter.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eekern
As a business owner who has sponsored many events, I have no problem with this. I don't think most people understand amount lot of time, effort, money, and dedication to put on a big event. If the cactus classic has grown to the point that can it charge a few bucks...good for them. Really.....bitching about 2 bucks to bring your own food into a facility when said facility is providing you a venue for the hobby you love.....that's petty.
the facility also has a kitchen... hence the $2 for outside food.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
My youngest daughter does Cheer leading. I have to pay for her lessons, pay for her outfit, pay for her competitions and I have to pay to watch them... And I cant bring my own food in. But.....I knew about all of this way in advance and committed to that. I think the issue is that, this was never on the flyer and seems like a last minute effort for $$. Max entries were increased from 400 to 450, all of the permanent pit space was rented out. They are really trying hard to eek out every dollar. Maybe this is required for them to stay in business, I dont know. But IMO, this information should have been communicated sooner.

And yes, I am racing the cactus classic with my oldest daughter.
Completely different, cheer and gymnastics(which my daughter did for 10 years) already has the established fan base and following. Imagine if rc was half that popular!!!! Cheer is broadcast on ESPN, imagine if just the reedy and worlds were broadcast, that would be amazing.

Think about rc races, even big events, who are most of the spectators? The racers themselves and their pissed off wives/ girlfriends. Is that extra few bucks you're going to make worth driving away potential spectators and new customers to the hobby?
Old 03-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wanderer77
I don't see charging $2 to bring in food as that big of a deal. As for the $15 for spectating, well you don't get to the local dirt track and watch stock cars racing for free...hell even our small time motocross track charges spectators admission for weekly Sunday races. It takes a lot of time, effort, and man hours of work to put on one of these big events, I don't see a problem of the promoters and owners trying to recoup their costs and possibly even make a reasonable profit. After all, they are business people. If the extra $$ is a deal breaker, then don't go...it's that simple.
This is not motocross!!! It is a toy car race!!!!Just like everything else money grubbers ruining the world)!!!!
simple Greed!!!
Old 03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CaseyD
Completely different, cheer and gymnastics(which my daughter did for 10 years) already has the established fan base and following. Imagine if rc was half that popular!!!! Cheer is broadcast on ESPN, imagine if just the reedy and worlds were broadcast, that would be amazing.

Think about rc races, even big events, who are most of the spectators? The racers themselves and their pissed off wives/ girlfriends. Is that extra few bucks you're going to make worth driving away potential spectators and new customers to the hobby?
I'm sure people bitched when the first cheer competition charged admission too. It's actually a sign of growth in the hobby. I also disagree this a ploy to make an "extra few bucks". It's much more likely a decision to "keep the lights on" oh......And the racers didn't get charged admission.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can't imagine charging 15 dollars to watch a race for the weekend. You have to be a real greedy bastard to charge people to watch RC cars race.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (99%+)

I just heard it's gonna cost you 3 bucks to take a leak and 5 bucks to take a dump. But if you do them at the same time it's only 4 bucks. Toilet paper is extra though. Smh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.