Wiki Posts
Search

MBX7 eco help with set up

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default MBX7 eco help with set up

Hello there rctech. I searched through 2 pages of threads for an official mbx7 thread but only found classified ads. I just purchased my first 1/8 scale. As far as I can tell (and from what the guy told me) it's an mbx7 eco with some upgraded parts. I bought it from a guy on here artr. It just needed a receiver. I got a good deal on it, but it didn't come with anything else. No parts, no literature. The only thing I know about these cars is to be competitive you need one, so I jumped on it. Now I'm seeing that there is an mbx7r and an M spec, and I don't really know what that means, but I think I have the standard issue with an aftermarket chassis, top plate, and steering and carbon fiber shock towers. The car drives really good. I got the throttle and brakes adjusted well, and I can already hang with most of the guys at my local indoor clay track, which is why I got the car. Here is my problem. The suspension is really soft, and the chassis smacks all over the place. All the shocks are working. They have the oil weight written on the cap they say 37.5 in the back, and 40 in front. The ride height seems pretty good where the A arms are flat, but it's just too soft. I asked my friend who works at the track and is the fastest 1/10 driver there. He said it seems to him to be set up for outdoors, and that I should find a set up sheet for indoor clay high bite. He also told me that it has an insert system like my b5m and that I will probably need to change them all to 0 for our tight track. Basically I need to figure out what I have, how it works, and how to make it work for me. If anyone has any ideas of good paths for me to take to find the things I am looking for, I would be very grateful.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...co-thread.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...pec-buggy.html