R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
R1 Uffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 13
Default Big Bearing to the V-Spec

Hi !!!

Im "calling" from a little country named Sweden now, im trying to find out what size it is on the big bearing in the V-Spec. My friends are not shur if it is 25mm or 25.4mm. Can you help me on this.

And now, were do i buy this bearing????

I know one page, and it is www.vxb.com, do you have a better page i can look at ???

Ulf from sweden
R1 Uffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,678
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

the big bearing, known as the rear, is 25.4 mm.

I take it your bearing failed on you too? Alot of us over hear have had that problem too. Make sure your piston/sleeve are still in good condition.

check out boca bearings, these guys make some of the best bearings around.
here is the link - vz-b bearings
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
R1 Uffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power
the big bearing, known as the rear, is 25.4 mm.

I take it your bearing failed on you too? Alot of us over hear have had that problem too. Make sure your piston/sleeve are still in good condition.

check out boca bearings, these guys make some of the best bearings around.
here is the link - vz-b bearings
thx OS Power for the answer, my bearing has not faild yet, im trying to get a new bearing if its fail´s. Over here you buy a new bearing for 55$ and in USA you buy it for more then the half price.

I found a bocabearing here to, do you know anything about the "store"
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...46b53d5f9b3d81

Do you know anything about vxb.com http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/14mm

Thx again for everything

//
Sweden
R1 Uffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

When I had the OS VZB The rear bearing use to fail. I replaced them with the Novarossi one then never had a problem after that. The bearing is the 25.4mm
__________________
Tamiya 416x Drifter
Venom Creeper
DJI Phantom
Futaba Radio's
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
R1 Uffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy
When I had the OS VZB The rear bearing use to fail. I replaced them with the Novarossi one then never had a problem after that. The bearing is the 25.4mm
I have heard that to about Novarossi bearing.

A little OT here, if i want a new piston and cylinder to my V-Spec, do you people over there have any good and cheap web site i can check out
R1 Uffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:23 AM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Piston and Sleeve use to cost me about $180 - $200 Aus which is about half price of the motor. But that was a couple of years ago.
__________________
Tamiya 416x Drifter
Venom Creeper
DJI Phantom
Futaba Radio's
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,678
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Uffe
thx OS Power for the answer, my bearing has not faild yet, im trying to get a new bearing if its fail´s. Over here you buy a new bearing for 55$ and in USA you buy it for more then the half price.

I found a bocabearing here to, do you know anything about the "store"
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...46b53d5f9b3d81

amainhobbies from what i heard is a good company to do business with.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
SpeedBump57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 660
Default

Kendall Bennett from A Main Hobbies is great to deal with. He has a great store and is very willing to help. Kendall is also a racer.
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #9
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 282
Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg
Default

hej D1uffe hur e de me 1/8th off road, gar du till furelund off road banan? jag bara vill veta om ni comer at ha nagra competitions nesta aret Oct-Nov. ferlat om min svensk e daligt, jag har inte varit e Malmo 8 ar och casterracing behover nagon e sweden som can vara distributor, om du eller nagaon som har bra experience me 1/8th offroad vill sa can du ga till Casterracing.com och skriva pa engelska till head office.
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 AM   #10
Tech Rookie
 
R1 Uffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkeberg
hej D1uffe hur e de me 1/8th off road, gar du till furelund off road banan? jag bara vill veta om ni comer at ha nagra competitions nesta aret Oct-Nov. ferlat om min svensk e daligt, jag har inte varit e Malmo 8 ar och casterracing behover nagon e sweden som can vara distributor, om du eller nagaon som har bra experience me 1/8th offroad vill sa can du ga till Casterracing.com och skriva pa engelska till head office.
Im not coming to Furulund, im living in the north of sweden, its to far to drive. We hav plenty of hobby dealer here in Sweden, you can ask them, 90% of the Hobby dealer is coming to Furulund
R1 Uffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:13 AM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Au
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Uffe
thx OS Power for the answer, my bearing has not faild yet, im trying to get a new bearing if its fail´s. Over here you buy a new bearing for 55$ and in USA you buy it for more then the half price.

I found a bocabearing here to, do you know anything about the "store"
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...46b53d5f9b3d81

Do you know anything about vxb.com http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/CTGY/14mm

Thx again for everything

//
Sweden

hi

boca is good tried and tested.

but i had problem with bocas ceramic bearing. after 1 race there was lots of play in it already. i told them, they said return it and they may replace it. i living in australia, couldnt be bothered half way across the world and waiting a month for it to come back. i expect a bit more from a $50 bearing!

i have also tried vxb bearing, they dont seem to roll that free, not bad though, it has stayed very tight after about 1 gallons use. and no play.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #12
Tech Rookie
 
R1 Uffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
hi

boca is good tried and tested.

but i had problem with bocas ceramic bearing. after 1 race there was lots of play in it already. i told them, they said return it and they may replace it. i living in australia, couldnt be bothered half way across the world and waiting a month for it to come back. i expect a bit more from a $50 bearing!

i have also tried vxb bearing, they dont seem to roll that free, not bad though, it has stayed very tight after about 1 gallons use. and no play.
Thx for that information, if i only order bearings ill order from vxb, if ill order bearings and piston/cylinder ill order from a main hobbies
R1 Uffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 AM   #13
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 282
Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg
Default

ok thanx Uffe will do.
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V-Spec front bearing issues Jonro Nitro Off-Road 35 09-06-2008 11:04 PM
Parts OS V SPEC (NIP boca bearing and carb boot) CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-12-2008 06:19 PM
V Spec bearing replacement ! motomanpat Electric Off-Road 1 03-04-2007 09:43 PM
Ceramic Bearing VS Normal Bearing MRX_joe21 Nitro On-Road 25 11-19-2005 11:09 PM
Changing Motor Bearing on Spec 19 Turn Legal? RC Robin Hood Electric On-Road 3 09-29-2005 10:26 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net