Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
17.5 cheater caught in the North East >

17.5 cheater caught in the North East

17.5 cheater caught in the North East

Old 03-04-2015, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Racing Mod eliminates this issue. I think stock costs more to race than mod.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's the point anyway. There's a well known company that has cheater blinky software for their team drivers that you'd never be able to detect at all. Stock racing is broke as hell. Everyone who thought it was bad in the brushed days never had it as bad as it is now.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post
Yeah and then you have a bunch of people that cant drive in a class where for some its their job. Then you have a whole other set of issues.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
Yeah and then you have a bunch of people that cant drive in a class where for some its their job. Then you have a whole other set of issues.
Its called re-sorting every round and B-Z mains. Nobody is forcing you to drive a uncontrollable 6.5T in your 2wd. It's perfectly fine to run a 13.5 (or whatever size motor you can hold on to) in mod.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly View Post

The stock class might at some tracks with no problem but others they should just have a open class and that's it.

And it is cheaper to run 2wd Mod.

Last edited by tc5 man; 03-04-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
Considering the specific cuts made into the magnet, I doubt those mods were made to specifically increase RPM without some additional effect. A smaller, weaker magnet would accomplish that objective; an objective achieved legally using a high RPM tuning rotor.
Maybe not in the power band he wanted or think he needed.

I would imagine that the cuts are that way to achieve certain RPM's at certain power band in the motor. Or he wanted to change the PB all together.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

here's a little secret.... you can still run a 17.5 in mod. Shhhhh don't tell anyone or they might realize that there shouldn't be a stock and mod class, rather open and novice
Old 03-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
What's the point anyway. There's a well known company that has cheater blinky software for their team drivers that you'd never be able to detect at all. Stock racing is broke as hell. Everyone who thought it was bad in the brushed days never had it as bad as it is now.

which company is this?? i would love to know....
Old 03-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
Maybe not in the power band he wanted or think he needed.

I would imagine that the cuts are that way to achieve certain RPM's at certain power band in the motor. Or he wanted to change the PB all together.
Do you really think that whomever did this knew exactly what he was doing...or did they just get dremel happy...
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
which company is this?? i would love to know....
pretty sure he is talking about the tekin conundrum from a few years ago..

this post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10037741-post21456.html

from this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sensored.html
Old 03-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain View Post
The comments on the facebook page represent everything wrong with people today. People want the guys name listed publicly and banned from tracks everywhere. I'd SUE anyone that did that and would win! I don't cheat and don't condone it but the point is that inspectors are there to keep everyone fair. Find a problem and deal it, as was done here. Public shaming is criminal. Moreso than this mod.
I'm pretty sure it's perfectly legal to write someone's name on a Facebook wall. Shaming the cheater serves 2 purposes: #1. It punishes them directly. Simply making them change motors does not deter them from cheating in the future. #2 It deters others from acting the same way, ie. "you don't want to be like that guy.

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
And this is reason #2,340,249 why stock racing needs to go away!
Nonsense. Stock is healthier now than at any time in the history of the sport. Racing in my region is healthier than it's been in the past decade because of blinky stock. It's cheaper to run than mod once you realize participating in the motor of the month club doesn't show up on the time sheets, unless your track crew builds jumps specifically to reward those top 5% of motor/battery buyers. The biggest cost associated with competitiveness is tires and there's no disputing that modified increases that cost.

Name them or you're lying.

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Its called re-sorting every round and B-Z mains. Nobody is forcing you to drive a uncontrollable 6.5T in your 2wd. It's perfectly fine to run a 13.5 (or whatever size motor you can hold on to) in mod.
The power differential is discouraging for the newer drivers and frustrating for the faster drivers trying to pass them. Do away with stock and you will see numbers at most tracks dwindle dramatically.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
pretty sure he is talking about the tekin conundrum from a few years ago..

this post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/10037741-post21456.html

from this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-sensored.html
If so, he's delusional. There was absolutely nothing illegal about any of that. ORCA on the other hand, totally different story.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Would be nice to have more specifics in a claim like that. Otherwise it puts suspicion on everyone, which hopefully is not justified.

Although I'd like to know how timing advance can't be detected with an oscilloscope or signal analyzer. Seems it would be fairly straightforward. Unless there is some special throttle pull sequence or similar to switch it off and on perhaps?
Old 03-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the stock racing class you need to push limits to go faster. We all know that but don't beat this guy up on a public level. He was trying to push the limits... Maybe spending some more time practicing would've been a better area to push limits in. A lot of times slower is faster. Mods like chewing up a perfectly good motor with a grinder look like a total waist of time to me
Old 03-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
That's the stock class for you always been like that .

I've seen people get caught cheating in Mod as well. Anyone that decided that they have to cheat to get an advantage deserved to get caught. But to say what you said, is imo, is more over hyped than anything else. Yes, a few people will cheat, but that is in every form of racing and they almost likley will get caught doing it.

I run stock and I have no problem having my motor torn down as they will find that the motor I race with is perfectly legal.

For cost. Mod or stock, it cost only as much as you want to spend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service