17.5 cheater caught in the North East

17.5 cheater caught in the North East

Old 03-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Old 03-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've written rules for other sports and organizations for quite a while and an unenforceable or vague rule causes more problems than the issue that the rule is meant to address. After reading thru most of this topic, I agree with the majority that ROAR could/should take some time to revisit some of their rules.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ironically ROAR is the bad guy in this thread now. Was it a ROAR sanctioned event? Were ROAR officials on site doing tech inspection? Is it even a ROAR affiliated track? Many races use ROAR rules yet they are not ROAR sanctioned events. So they assume the rules on their own risk.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Ironically ROAR is the bad guy in this thread now. Was it a ROAR sanctioned event? Were ROAR officials on site doing tech inspection? Is it even a ROAR affiliated track? Many races use ROAR rules yet they are not ROAR sanctioned events. So they assume the rules on their own risk.
Who is calling ROAR the bad guy? Just pointing out an area that they should look into. Since most tracks around the country use ROAR rules as a guideline, i think it would benefit everyone... but thats just my opinion, I don't make the rules.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default cheating, pathetic

Why cheat, it's a hobby !!!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Cheating in Stock Racing? Now that's shocking.

Originally Posted by sincal24 View Post
Why cheat, it's a hobby !!!
Because they can. Thousands of dollars into the car, batteries, radio, gear and zillions of hours at the track give them an entitlement complex.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Default pathetic

Cheating is pathetic
Old 03-10-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
Cheating in Stock Racing? Now that's shocking.

Because they can. Thousands of dollars into the car, batteries, radio, gear and zillions of hours at the track give them an entitlement complex.
This has to be the most ignorant statement here. An entitlement complex? do explain. I can count on one hand how many times a stock racer has been caught cheating at a major race and no one who has been caught has EVER won or finished well. And no one who has been caught has ever challenged the ruling they got caught owned up or packed and went home. Calling all stock racers cheaters is stupid but entitled? This isn't Washington politics its toy cars for bowling trophies. Every serious racer has the best parts they can afford no matter the class every mod guy I know has just as much money into his car as I do in my stock racer and more than double into tires as I can get almost a season out of tires while their lucky to get a race day. As far as "zillions" of hours at the track when did practice become a bad thing?
Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

gooba, you seem to be making the assumption that people feel all stock racers cheat.

Saying "Cheating in stock racing" doesn't imply "Everyone cheats in stock racing".
Old 03-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Saying it as its no surprise implies it. everytime any rules get brought up the comments fly about ban stock, stock is all cheaters, stock is sooooo expensive and now apparently stock has a sense of entitlement. His comment adds fuel to that fire. So yes I took it as him saying stock is all cheaters

Last edited by gooba; 03-10-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: wording
Old 03-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 253 (100%+)

saying it as he did only says it how he did.

How we take it, either pro or con, is really up to us.

Anyway, my take, any class can have cheaters, just a different form of it for a given set of rules.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Although not all stock racer cheat... it does seem to be more apparent in stock racing as everyone is looking for the edge over the other guy. Not saying it should be done away with as I love the competition in stock racing, but cheating is a lot more common among stock class racers. Just like with anything, stock doesnt have to be expensive but becomes that way when one wants to be competitive. "You get what you pay for" weighs heavily in a class that is so close in speed and power. In a class where ounces count, the more you bend the rules, the better you do. Weather or not you win can come down to that one part that is heavier on your car than the guy who just passed you. Or your motor/esc combo is not the 2 or 300 dollar setup so you dont have quite the power the other guy does. Why do you think larger sanctioning bodies like NASCAR have so many cars that fail inspection. It's for the edge.

Last edited by Jaymancd; 03-10-2015 at 12:01 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anywhere there is a winner and a loser , there will be a cheater. Some day , some race , some where . This is a fact . Thats not saying every day , every race, and every where there is a cheater , but sooner or later they show up . Its not a question of "if" , its simply "when". In the eyes of most cheaters , they are only cheaters if they get caught. In their world thats just part of the game to them, thats why winning the race isnt the ultimate goal. Getting one over on the crowd is just as satisfying to a lot of those guys. The more rules a class has , the more likely thats the class cheating will occur in . The more entrants a class has , the more likely thats the class cheating will occur in. Two schools of thought have always been .... "The rule book doesn't say I can , so I cant", or the more common " The rule book doesnt say I can't, so I can ".
Old 03-10-2015, 06:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Saying it as its no surprise implies it. everytime any rules get brought up the comments fly about ban stock, stock is all cheaters, stock is sooooo expensive and now apparently stock has a sense of entitlement. His comment adds fuel to that fire. So yes I took it as him saying stock is all cheaters
Not all stock racers are cheaters but the majority of racers that are caught pushing the rules are in stock and always has been that way over the 30 years I have raced.

I run mod buggy all winter at are indoor clay track and this year I used the same front tires all year and on my 2nd set of rear tires (we don't use slicks at are track) so depends on how abrasive your track is mod guys are using up tires.