Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Losi XXX4Graphite Plus >

Team Losi XXX4Graphite Plus

Team Losi XXX4Graphite Plus

Old 09-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Default Team Losi XXX4Graphite Plus

Does anyone own a Team Losi XXX4Graphite Plus?? im thinking of buying one for nxt yr but im not sure if its any good, what are your thought of the car, any good???
Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I bought one a week ago...

on the weekend I raced it in our state off-road titles and it TQ'd and i got a 2nd place, so I guess it works well...

a LOT of guys are using them in offroad. the w'end was made up of losi's and some Academy SB Pro's..

people say the losi is easy to break, but any 4wd car is easy to break really...

Loving mine so far
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have had mine for about half of the season. The thing I have broken the most are the shock towers. Breaking the shock towers has usually caused something else as well. Double up your shock towers and you should be fine.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Use the G+ shock towers, if you double up the towers you will break the chassis.
I would rather change a tower than a chassis.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

I have been using the G+ shock towers. That's the kit I have. But I have one of the new ones. They revised the chassis as well. It's alot thicker at the mounting points for the towers. Since I have done this, I haven't had any problems yet.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:37 PM
Suspended

ok sounds like a pretty good car if you run the right gear with it, would a 10T motor be k to run?, i know it may wear the belt and wheels more but thats not to bad, or if i dont get the 4wd xxx4G+ ill get the BK2 or Associated B4 team kit buggy2wd, i used to race the team losi XXTCR G+ Truck had so yea im not a rookie and im spending 3000+grand on either EP off road or 1/8th on road or off road, still got time to decide so ill see what happens, just need some reliable suggestions on whats the best gear now.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either the XXX4 or the BK2. I own them both and like them both. I do think I like the XXX4 a little better for the fun factor though.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Suspended

could you please elaborate a bit on what you think is good about the XXX4G+?? what motor are you running in it and would you think a 10T would make it fly???
Old 09-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

xxx4 has a very efficient drivetrain.

I run a 10x2 in mine pretty much all the time and its quick enough to win nationals (UK)
Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Suspended

mad
cant wait to get my hands on one, have you had any problems with the gear boxes? i have had bad expereinces with the Losi XXTCRG+truck, problem was that the diff kept loosening up, even after i bought a rebulid kit, dont want to spend money on somthing that may casue more bad experiences, have Losi done any improvments on tha diffs??

Last edited by rinkeberg; 09-30-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

I know nothing about the XXcrt diff's but I run a XXXS and a XXX4 and I have never had a problem with the diff's in either.

I was running a 14x2 in mine and it didn't seem to have the pick up or top end I was looking for. I threw an 11x1 in and it was alot better. I'll probably end up throwing a brushless system in before I'm done with it.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I recently bought a used XXX4 G+ after only having owned 2wd cars for a while. I'm running the Novak SS+ 5800 brushless in there and it's awesome.

I've heard about durability issues with the XXX-4 G+, but luckily haven't broken anything major yet. You can break just about anything on any car if you crash hard enough though.

I haven't driven the XX-4, BJ4, or X-5, so I can't give a comparison. All I know is the XXX-4 G+ handles *way* better than my BK2 on the track that I race at. If you have the funds and buying a 4wd will not exile you from ever running at your local track then get one. It's a lot of fun.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

rinkeberg - Losi diffs are some of the best. Try replacing your diff screw and nut, if the diff is actually loosening up.

What probably happens, is that you set the diff, put it in your car, and run it until it slips and self-destructs. The diff will break in when you run the car after a rebuild..and the diff will loosen up as everything seats and breaks in. Check the "Ask Aaron Waldron" thread, there's a big post on properly setting and breaking in a diff.

You can't make an electric 4wd buggy competitively quick and bulletproof at the same time. The XXX-4 G+ kit is pretty tough, especially for a 4wd buggy.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

I love my xxx4! It took a little getting used to the awesome handling it has. I'm so use to driving XXXT's that I had to adjust my driving style drastically when I put the xxx4 on the dirt.

This rig handles great. In my opinion it's better suited for "tight" tracks. I would recommend buying spare a-arms, shock towers (at least the front), aluminum front/rear hinge blocks for durability, titanium hinge pins, yada yada yada.

all this stuff makes the rig way stronger than stock. The only other issue I have is with the chassis. I think losi could have done more to strengthen the the front end where the diff cover mounts up. It seems real weak at that point.

I haven't tried the sway bar kit yet. Is anyone else happy with it?

oh yeah, make sure you carefully screw in the front bumper to diff cover. over-zealous turning here WILL crack the diff and weaken the front end.

all in all I love this buggy. it's fast out of turns, and handles exceptionally well.

my $.02
Old 09-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Suspended

thanx for the input ppl, really greatful , it will definatly hlp me when i start racing a xxx4G+, and also i have been told by a reliable source that there is a new 4wd buggy under development but it is not known what the name of it will be, thats probably why i had problems with my diff, i didnt tighten when it started getting warn in. o well will make sure i do that once i get a new car.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.