Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buggies or Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buggies or Trucks?

Do buggies and trucks each have their specific roles? Like are buggies for faster speeds and trucks for stunts, or are they just the same?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

trucks can take more abuse than buggies and can work on rougher surfaces than buggies.

If you race at a track that has 1/8 scales pounding on it and it isn't serviced regularly or smoothed out often, I would go with a truck as the lighter buggies just get kicked around something aweful.

If you do have buggies and trucks running with significant numbers in both classes, I would do buggies as you will get a more satisfying driving experience. They are faster, tires are cheaper, and take more skill to drive but are more satisfying in that respect.

Trucks do to there bulk tend to be slower especially in spec classes. Stock truck racing can be a very "SLOW" affair compared to stock buggy.

For stunts and such, really depends. Trucks will probably survive stunts better than buggies, but, you can still have fun with both. You can also truggy your buggy if you really need the clearance (ie- put truck tires on )
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you are talking 1/10 scale electric buggies/trucks I will say buggies tend to be faster and jump further as they are lighter but they are also more difficult to drive. Trucks can handle bumpy tracks better and are more forgiving when driven.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:11 AM

from a racing standpoint, buddies are where the competition is at. If u can drive a buggy, you can drive anything. I personally started with a buggy and it helped me get to be pretty darn god with my truck.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

I disagree to 1/10 trucks taking more abuse then a 1/10 buggy.

Look at it this way. A T4 is much wider then a B4 using longer arms, turnbuckles and larger wheels...duh! But, have any of you thought that when snapping a longer stick as opposed to a shorter stick it seems much easier.

This has to apply to R/C's as well.

Sean
Old 10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I prefer the trucks. They are much, much more forgiving especially with understeer and oversteer. The buggies are quicker, lighter, and more precise but if you aren't a good driver they suck. But practice makes perfect. I do think they are stronger and not in the sense that the arms are easier to snap but the bigger tires protect the chassis and inner parts well
Old 10-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

team duratrax - Trucks also have much bigger rubber crash absorbers at all four corners as compared to a buggy. There's more lexan on top to protect the car in a crash.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Personally I feel that Stadium Trucks(T4, XXXT, etc.) are more durable the a buggy. Buggies are definatley faster and more agaile(sp?). Buggies are a little harder to drive since they are quick and nimble. But I love my T4 and offroad wise always had a truck. I have driven buggies and found that I could control my truck a heck of lot better. But I do have a buggy(old Kyosho Lazer 4wd) but it is 4WD and that's a little different type of driving, I get more grip and traction on the track. But it is really all preference, I like the look of a truck.