Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
AE RC8.2e RTR wont steer >

AE RC8.2e RTR wont steer

AE RC8.2e RTR wont steer

Old 02-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default AE RC8.2e RTR wont steer

I have an rc8.2e rtr and ive had it for a few months.I drove it after two weeks of not driving it. When I tried to drive the car it would not steer. I tried to fix it. I tried binding it again but it didnt work. Can i fix it or must i get a new servo.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisphil00 View Post
I have an rc8.2e rtr and ive had it for a few months.I drove it after two weeks of not driving it. When I tried to drive the car it would not steer. I tried to fix it. I tried binding it again but it didnt work. Can i fix it or must i get a new servo.
The servo is probably bad, and needs to be replaced...
Old 02-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Brian! Im thinking that might be it. Ill just see if its under warranty and try to see if they will replace it.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chrisphil00 View Post
Thanks Brian! Im thinking that might be it. Ill just see if its under warranty and try to see if they will replace it.
Honestly I wouldn't even bother. The stock XP servo is junk, it lasted maybe 5 or 6 packs in mine before it bit the dust.

Do yourself a favor and save the headache of dealing with another one of those servos and just go to Hobbyking and pick up a Turnigy 1258tg for 30 bucks or TS-900. I use the 1258tg and in mine and it's fast and has plenty of torque.

I haven't used one, but the TS-900 is probably even a better choice. It's got over 200 oz of torque .11 sec transit time @ 6 volts.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you sure it's the servo? Does the steering move freely if you disconnect the horn from the servo?
Old 02-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah good point. Make sure everything moves freely first. I'd try plugging the servo into another rx and see if it works too.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bash bros View Post
Honestly I wouldn't even bother. The stock XP servo is junk, it lasted maybe 5 or 6 packs in mine before it bit the dust.

Do yourself a favor and save the headache of dealing with another one of those servos and just go to Hobbyking and pick up a Turnigy 1258tg for 30 bucks or TS-900. I use the 1258tg and in mine and it's fast and has plenty of torque.

I haven't used one, but the TS-900 is probably even a better choice. It's got over 200 oz of torque .11 sec transit time @ 6 volts.

That seems like a nice servo. I was looking at one a little more pricey but from what ive read it seems like the DS1015 servo seems nice.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Gravy Jones View Post
Are you sure it's the servo? Does the steering move freely if you disconnect the horn from the servo?
The steering moves freely when I try that.