Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Battiery Packs any suggestions? >

Battiery Packs any suggestions?

Battiery Packs any suggestions?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)
Default Battiery Packs any suggestions?

Sometime I think these threads are stupid. But I need information. I have not really found any quality battery packs that are not insanely expensive.

I want some your guy experiences. I took a break from racing over the last few years and did helis. There is a few brands in 6C or 12Cell batteries 65C discharge rate, Pulse is a quality battery. If the made them to fit my buggy I would buy them in a heart beat.

But what you guys buy, I am looking at getting a Kyosho MP9e. I really like my Nitro buggy.

Last edited by wichitafc98; 02-12-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wichitafc98 View Post
Sometime I think these threads are stupid. But I need information. I have not really found any quality battery packs that are not insanely expensive.

I want some your guy experiences. I took a break from racing over the last few years and did helis. There is a few brands in 6C or 12Cell batteries 65C discharge rate, Pulse is a quality battery. If the made them to fit my buggy I would buy them in a heart beat.

But what you guys buy, I am looking at getting a Kyosho MP9e. I really like my Nitro buggy.
www.smc-racing.net

Done.

Turnigy Nano-Tech's are good too but you cant beat the SMC's IMO.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Main issue with SMC is even the factory spec ones if there 5000 mah plus is they don't stay in stock long at all and who knows when they come back .

Lucky enough enough though I bought two of them two weeks ago and they very mached after a number of runs .

SPC are similar they might have some in stock there good I've owned one of them .

Turnigy Nanotechs i have the Shorty pack on the 2wd there not bad good punch no drop off really .
Old 02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yep on the SMC. I have a few in 2s and 4s and they are great for the $$$
Old 02-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

SMC are never in stock, especially the shorty packs, and test pretty high IR for a battery best used for stock racing. Mod or bashing? I like mine. Otherwise I have also had allot of luck with the $45.00 Vant Batteries (7.4 4600 shorty's) sold by Barnfloor Rc. always seem to be in stock, fast shipping.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

I don't need shorties, I running 1/8 scale
Old 02-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

There's really only one place you need to go for high quality affordable batteries......SMC. I've been running their 2S and 4S packs and they are bullet proof!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check Value Hobby as well. very fast shipping. Compare prices. Good value batteries don't stick around long.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Vant lipos are pretty good and come with bullet connecter if you buy the inboard ones they have . Brand new they have great punch no big drop off in power during a run. They do have a 4s that is direct connected no inboard which i recommend less trouble .

G-Force packs ive had two 2s and 2 4s packs from them once there broken in they have good punch but tend to drop off in power especially when there more cycles in them the 2s ones at least . The 4s packs from them are direct connected and have great punch never had a problem with one intill i ran the LVC to low .
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there's like 3 gforce packs laying out in the parking lot at the track that all puffed up on someone. kind makes me wonder about their quality. yikes.

when smc gets them in you better snag them up. best price for batteries I've ever found.
and they're pretty good batteries. I believe he said he buys them from IP(intellect pioneering). which I have one in my radio and it's been the best Lipo I've ever had. I never do anything (storage charge etc) with it and it has stayed in balance for the 2 years I've had it and 0 puffing.

all the gens ace and turnigy (not the nano tech) has had the tabs break off the pack inside the hardcase and cannot be soldered because it takes a special solder. I will never buy either brand of those again. I barely got to use them. maybe 6-8 times that's it. both of them had broken tabs coming out of the cells.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive got a thread we are about to update with 5 brands of lipos,We cycled them close to 100 real world runs in scte trucks.The IR of very expensive to very affordable packs will be surprising to alot of people
Old 02-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mtpocketsracing View Post
there's like 3 gforce packs laying out in the parking lot at the track that all puffed up on someone. kind makes me wonder about their quality. yikes.

when smc gets them in you better snag them up. best price for batteries I've ever found.
and they're pretty good batteries. I believe he said he buys them from IP(intellect pioneering). which I have one in my radio and it's been the best Lipo I've ever had. I never do anything (storage charge etc) with it and it has stayed in balance for the 2 years I've had it and 0 puffing.

all the gens ace and turnigy (not the nano tech) has had the tabs break off the pack inside the hardcase and cannot be soldered because it takes a special solder. I will never buy either brand of those again. I barely got to use them. maybe 6-8 times that's it. both of them had broken tabs coming out of the cells.

Yea i never had a G-Force pack puff on me ever only lipo ive had puff up me was a 4s Blue lipo brand still ran it many times though it was fine. Not saying it dint happen with the G-Force packs with others but how did they treat them is the real question.

Never owned the regular Turnigy lipos only can say about how the Nanotechs were for me.
s
Old 02-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

SMC is they way to go.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

SMC is the only choice. Best batteries out there.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got some SMC batteries for my car, very impressive...good quality and quick delivery.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service