Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
favorite buggy, truggy, sct, someone should just make a poll >

favorite buggy, truggy, sct, someone should just make a poll

favorite buggy, truggy, sct, someone should just make a poll

Old 02-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default favorite buggy, truggy, sct, someone should just make a poll

Every couple of days, I see someone post a thread that they're just starting out and asking which brand is their favorite. I'm just as guilty. I've done it myself. I'm not good with coding and all that so why can't someone just start a poll as to which brand of buggy, truggy, and sct is their favorite? New people will have a tendency to lean towards the most popular brand as did i. As I've progressed, I've got to where make my choice of which vehicle to buy next by studying youtube videos and build layouts, but that comes with experience. As time goes by, people develope a certain driving style and certain vehicles have their own personalities. So with that said, someone should just make a poll already!
Old 02-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Jet hopper all the way............no poll needed
Old 02-10-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastatfrog
I had to Google what that was. Pretty rare, 1986. I wonder if they'd let me run that in the 1:10 class at my track? Just once for fun
Old 02-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon1977
Every couple of days, I see someone post a thread that they're just starting out and asking which brand is their favorite. I'm just as guilty. I've done it myself. I'm not good with coding and all that so why can't someone just start a poll as to which brand of buggy, truggy, and sct is their favorite? New people will have a tendency to lean towards the most popular brand as did i. As I've progressed, I've got to where make my choice of which vehicle to buy next by studying youtube videos and build layouts, but that comes with experience. As time goes by, people develope a certain driving style and certain vehicles have their own personalities. So with that said, someone should just make a poll already!
I agree there should be a poll option on this forum.

I sent a PM to the webmasters and asked if they could setup a polling option.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Champion

Actually polls are an option already. But I'm not sure a poll really helps a new enthusiast all that much. I don't think whatever wins a poll here is the correct answer for every local track condition, shop, and crowd.

I think the correct answer for a new racer is whatever is ran and supported at their local track. A new racer is most likely to need and benefit from spare parts and helpful advice from locals that are familiar with and run that model. Hopefully a model that also suits the local track conditions.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fastatfrog
Yeah, good luck convincing those Rough Rider fanboys.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Lol the Jet Hopper was a joke, the Tamiya Grasshopper would run rings around it

I think a better poll/ info thread would be what not to buy and why.......... Probably not a poll but would be helpful in choosing the right car. Let's people know pitfalls of different cars or issues with them or pricing costs of parts if breakages occur. This could be of all eras