Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Driver's Stand Design - Do you have one? >

Driver's Stand Design - Do you have one?

Driver's Stand Design - Do you have one?

Old 01-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Nice, I'll have to stop by on my next trip out to the big indy
Old 01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You guys might want to look at mixing in some Red Baseball clay sand mixture. It will allow the track to maintain it's condition longer but builds up dust similarly to regular dirt as the rounds progress.

Nice looking track though.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
You guys might want to look at mixing in some Red Baseball clay sand mixture. It will allow the track to maintain it's condition longer but builds up dust similarly to regular dirt as the rounds progress.

Nice looking track though.
A little hard to find that nice red clay here in Indiana Inc. We do have clay, just not the same thing. I've got family in the south, so I know what you mean.

Here's the site plan the architects did for us. Really helped to show the town/park officials what we were planning and it will go out with the press releases.

Attached Thumbnails Driver's Stand Design - Do you have one?-siteplan111515r.jpg  
Old 01-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fenton06 View Post
Was reading on your site and noticed that it mentioned not allowing nitro or 1/5 on the track. I can understand the larger scale restrictions but I think not allowing nitro would be a mistake.

Just my $.02!
Its a really beautiful, peaceful, pristine park with a 9 acre lake inside. Walking trails, vespers area, etc.. The last thing they want is noise. So, we were happy to accept the electric only. The park is usually packed with families and our goal is to introduce RC to many new people in addition to giving us a place to run.

If the track gets really busy, we will move the whole thing to another park they have near some railroad tracks in a nice nearly as nice location. When/if that happens, then nitro would be likely.

Attached Thumbnails Driver's Stand Design - Do you have one?-avonlake110906nicer.jpg