Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekno: eb410 please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tekno: eb410 please!

This will be my one and only plea, I drive a sct410 as my only vehicle and am dying to try my hand at 4x4 buggy. What I imagine the eb410 would be based on the sct, well would be the perfect buggy IMHO. I really want to stay loyal to tekno, I am so happy with my truck. The next best thing to an eb410 looks like it's going to be a hb d410. I've been on that thread for a few days now and I like what I see and hear. It looks kind of like what I would think tekno might come up with as far as the triple gear diffs and beefy durability. I know this has been talked about already but I just wanted to put my vote in. Either way it looks like I'll be running 4x4 buggy as a second class this season and I'm really stoked! OK thanx for listening, that's all I have to say about that...
Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikeinsocal
This will be my one and only plea, I drive a sct410 as my only vehicle and am dying to try my hand at 4x4 buggy. What I imagine the eb410 would be based on the sct, well would be the perfect buggy IMHO. I really want to stay loyal to tekno, I am so happy with my truck. The next best thing to an eb410 looks like it's going to be a hb d410. I've been on that thread for a few days now and I like what I see and hear. It looks kind of like what I would think tekno might come up with as far as the triple gear diffs and beefy durability. I know this has been talked about already but I just wanted to put my vote in. Either way it looks like I'll be running 4x4 buggy as a second class this season and I'm really stoked! OK thanx for listening, that's all I have to say about that...
I think you just need to wait I'm sure they have something in the works. I am waiting.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had been hoping for one for some time, I finally ended up buying a '15 Xray XB4, it is similar to what I would hope for from Tekno. If Tekno builds one, I really don't think it could be based anything from their current lineup. It would likely need to be from the ground up, at best they could build the same parts on a smaller scale. The drivetrain on even the SCT410 would be way too much for the smaller motors we run in 4wd 1/10, and the overall weight would need to be cut in half.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This would have to be a new car from the ground up, as the SC410 is completely 8th scale based. The car would have to drop about 2.5 -3.0 pounds, which is not realistic to do on the same platform.
I have no doubt Tekno has something up their sleeve with the recent boom in this class, but I'm not sure on the timeline of anything officially being released from Tekno.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Ya I meant based on what I see and my experience with the sct, not a buggy based on the truck. Of course that would be quite impractical to use the same parts, but just a similar platform.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

honestly at this point, they may be too late to the game. there are already some really nice options in the wheeler market. had they come out with one say 6 months or a year ago, i think they'd be able to grab a decent market share (assuming it was top notch). now, they have to convince people who already own solid wheelers (HB, xray, 22-4, kyosho) that they need to give up their current gen buggy which will be hard to do unless tekno REALLY knocks it out of the park.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I had an EB48. Only sold it because my local track stopped running 1/8th. If Tekno does release an EB410, similar in quality to the EB48 and SCT410, I'd drop my current wheeler in a heart beat in favor of the Tekno.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

I always thought if tekno would release a wheeler it'd be pretty stellar. However, I don't think I'd rush out and buy one. I'd wait to see if they had any bugs first
Old 02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm pretty sure tekno have something in the hat about 1/10 buggy
Old 11-25-2016, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Ix...ature=youtu.be
Old 11-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can't wait, I am sure it will be a solid vehicle. I'm already planning and fantasizing.