Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

After an experiment with the B6, I am back to the KF2. Got tired of trying to chase them down in the corners and having to brake to make the same turns as the KF2 at full speed.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Thing is, it seems to me that the KB5M is trying to get weight forwards and low with the lowrider gearbox and we're trying to go the opposite direction and push more weight backwards!

I'd have thought that we are in a better place, as we can move out configuration around to suit but there must be a sweet spot. Are we about there with the Mid conversion?
Stolen from the B6 forum...
"Finished my B6D build! Everything went great, no missing parts!
Used the Brass stuff and some weight do match it my B5M FL setup for our loose clay track.

Maybe interesting:
B5m FL:
F 550g
R 1046g
(34/66%) and overall of 1596g

B6D
F 566g
R 983g
(37/63%) and overall of 1549g

Both cars shared the same electronics on the scale (HW V3.1, Savox 1257TG, 4200 Shorty and HW Fleta ZX 7.5T)

The numbers let me think of quite a loose rear"

No idea what the Straight up B6 (not D) is.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:22 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Stolen from the B6 forum...
"Finished my B6D build! Everything went great, no missing parts!
Used the Brass stuff and some weight do match it my B5M FL setup for our loose clay track.

Maybe interesting:
B5m FL:
F 550g
R 1046g
(34/66%) and overall of 1596g

B6D
F 566g
R 983g
(37/63%) and overall of 1549g

Both cars shared the same electronics on the scale (HW V3.1, Savox 1257TG, 4200 Shorty and HW Fleta ZX 7.5T)

The numbers let me think of quite a loose rear"

No idea what the Straight up B6 (not D) is.
There is some posts from guys that had MM KFs, surprisingly they had less static rear bias than than a low grip setup.
The increase in rear traction came from motor inertia not weight. Still lacks side bite without weight added
or creative electronics placement.

Last edited by JsK; 09-07-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

It seems that anyone using the B6D indoors is using it with the laydown tranny which would yield different weight distribution numbers. IIRC, the numbers for the MM kit put the weight distro somewhere in the 59 to 60% rearward bias zone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the significance of the MM wasn't only that it moved weight to the rear, but that it moved the motor far enough rearward so that it's turning force has more of an effect on the chassis creating more traction.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:38 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
At the moment I'm planning on running my SV2 on clay this winter and my KF2 on turf and carpet. My 'proposed' race schedule would be carpet Sat, Clay Sun. So that means I would constantly be making big changes.

If for some reason my SV2 doesn't work for me, I'll likely just get another KF2.

If I ran 10th scale all year around, it would be easy. I'd have 3 cars. One turf. One clay. One to build for 17.5 for either surface. But I only get maybe 4-5 months a year to run 10th scale
You didn't need an SV2 for Bumps. YourKf2 SE had plenty of rear traction and if you just go to a 10.5 or 9.5 you won't over power the track and have plenty of speed and traction. Lets face it B6 or not the fastest guys at are track are what they are and us having a B6 wouldn't help us but since you KF2 SE worked I think you would be fine with it here at Bumps.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
You didn't need an SV2 for Bumps. YourKf2 SE had plenty of rear traction and if you just go to a 10.5 or 9.5 you won't over power the track and have plenty of speed and traction. Lets face it B6 or not the fastest guys at are track are what they are and us having a B6 wouldn't help us but since you KF2 SE worked I think you would be fine with it here at Bumps.
not disagreeing with you on that one except that I wanted 2 separate cars. One for turf and one for clay. The SV2 sorta fell into my lap with a deal that I couldn't pass up.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!
Old 09-13-2016, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I can tell you guys from first hand experience that I ran the KF2 SE in MM setup with the KIT SETUP on there and was able to be competitive on a medium grip clay surface. I switched from a B5M FL and it didn't have the insane forward bite that the AE car had, BUT I had WAY more corner speed.

Once you guys figure out that running on clay is 99% tires, the rest doesn't matter. In fact we had a guy come out with a Traxxas Bandit (I think that's the buggy) and he won the 17.5 class. His tires were perfect and because of that, he destroyed the field with a 'TOY' car that was severely out dated and out classed tech wise.

Anyway it's nothing that you guys haven't heard before, and bottom line is that this car may not be the right choice for you. Just wanted to make sure that you understand that racing 2wd buggy is 90% tires, and racing clay 2wd buggy is 99%!
+1

..p
Old 09-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tires

So true sir!
Old 09-14-2016, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default front wing for KF2

hi, I just got on my hands KF2 SE... getting ready for the first practice and I`m curious if there is any front wing aviliable at market for KF2`s?
I don`t know if its necesessary, but those cars with front wing looks nice
Old 09-14-2016, 07:19 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

True story as I was at my home track and watched the Traxxas lay it down. It wasn't even a nice looking one that was decked out. His car was't the fastest but it looked like a slot car on the track. It was awesome to see. Now not like he could win every week but this one day was the day when everything was perfect for his car and Boom!!!!!!!!! he laid it on them.

Bob's car works very well on are medium traction clay track. He isn't winning/loosing because of his car because hell even I want his car. Not saying it works perfect for him everywhere but at least from what I saw it is a very cool car. Might be the trickest car made from any company out right now but if not it is at the top.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
True story as I was at my home track and watched the Traxxas lay it down. It wasn't even a nice looking one that was decked out. His car was't the fastest but it looked like a slot car on the track. It was awesome to see. Now not like he could win every week but this one day was the day when everything was perfect for his car and Boom!!!!!!!!! he laid it on them.

Bob's car works very well on are medium traction clay track. He isn't winning/loosing because of his car because hell even I want his car. Not saying it works perfect for him everywhere but at least from what I saw it is a very cool car. Might be the trickest car made from any company out right now but if not it is at the top.
You have to also remember that when I ran my car there, I had a total of 5 packs through it and all 5 were on turf. If my tires weren't perfect (notice a pattern here? ) I would have been all over.

I've still only got maybe 6 race days on the car just because of it being time for 8th scale... I expect that it will just get better and better
Old 09-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

any1 have one forsale?
Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

You have to also remember that when I ran my car there, I had a total of 5 packs through it and all 5 were on turf. If my tires weren't perfect (notice a pattern here? ) I would have been all over.

I've still only got maybe 6 race days on the car just because of it being time for 8th scale... I expect that it will just get better and better
Yeah that is true you didn't have any time on the car. Yeah once 1/8th is over I expect your car to get better that is for sure.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Have you guys ever snap the front axle (U4382)? I figured I'd break a plastic part first. It wasn't a bad landing from a jump, just a cart wheel down the straight. Kind of a weird break. Anyway, it seems those parts are rare, I hope it's not a part that breaks a lot, as it was hard to find a replacement for. DiscountRC is the only one that carried it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.