Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got to be worth a try. What id like is for the designer to jump on here and tell us the how and why. We're all guessing and trying to find out for ourselves, yet Schumacher have team drivers to test these options before release.

I'm not one for reinventing the wheel if I don't have to! On the basis of what I've read, I'll go for two plate slipper, MM and rear mounted Tekin RSX. Who knows what it'll drive like?!
Old 10-19-2016, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

I would think with the more slipper pads, you have a more consistent clutch setting for mod motors. The end bell and extra pads were not figured into the rotational torque to give extra forward bite. I run stock, so I have it locked down anyway, so those pads and bell are just extra weight. And running the LG setup, I have no issue with finding traction.

If when running the MM, you are looking for the rotational torque to get you forward bite, watch you shock settings. Too soft on the setup could just be collapsing your rear suspension and not transferring the force to the wheels for bite.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you have high traction, I would guess the extra forward kick I felt in 4 plate setup would help keep the front wheels down for more steering. I'm not saying everyone dismantle your cars to try it, but it was certainly noticeable the difference between 2 and 4 plates in my hand. All I need now is to find a good way of making up the space left by the plates, and a chance to try it out.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Here is how I locked mine down. Just a nylon spacer I got from McMaster Carr. If I remember right it was .252" ID x .500" OD x .500" long. The spring centering washer fits nicely helping to center the spacer since the spacer is a little bigger than the layshaft.
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-20160917_104651.jpg  
Old 10-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the pic. I am running in modified with a 7.5T so I still need the slipper spring, just need to get some spacers sorted out.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default No need for a spacer

This is what you need to run two pads

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/New_Cars_and_Parts/CAT_K2/U7065.html
Old 10-19-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

This spring also has enough throw to run two pads. It's what I ran when I was doing mod.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...asc9739/p18337
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-20160828_170324.jpg  
Old 10-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Slipper

Originally Posted by Azzkikin
Here is how I locked mine down. Just a nylon spacer I got from McMaster Carr. If I remember right it was .252" ID x .500" OD x .500" long. The spring centering washer fits nicely helping to center the spacer since the spacer is a little bigger than the layshaft.
5x10x4 bearing and stock spring works! I prefer using B44 spring its longer.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys. I didn't realise Schumacher makes a spring, I have just ordered the B44 one.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by stueys
No one has any thoughts on this then?
Yep I noticed this too, I'm not sure the mid layout helps with traction at all with the kit slipper in terms of torque reaction and low grip layout gets you more static rear weight.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'll be honest guys, I wasn't sold on MM either. But the rest of the team is telling me that I need to give it more time and try a couple things. I WANT MM to work, because then I can run on clay too with the same car. But If it doesn't' work for me, then it doesn't.

I think ultimately I need 2 cars Ughhh. I wanted to get a 4wd before doing that though. #firstworldproblems
Old 10-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I'll be honest guys, I wasn't sold on MM either. But the rest of the team is telling me that I need to give it more time and try a couple things. I WANT MM to work, because then I can run on clay too with the same car. But If it doesn't' work for me, then it doesn't.

I think ultimately I need 2 cars Ughhh. I wanted to get a 4wd before doing that though. #firstworldproblems
I think mid does work well in high grip, I'm just not sure it offers any advantage over low grip when grip is low.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Comfort

I totally agree Bob if it doesn't work move on! I have been to 5 different tracks in three states, all pretty must med to high grip clay/dirt and with the standard MM electrical setup and many mechanical setups, only got the buggy handling good. Since moving the ESC to the right rear new life was found with the MM package for me. However my skill level is average! High C low B mains and A mains when 90% of the fast guys take a day off!! LOL So my assessments are base on my level of skill. Which could use some help!!
Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was having an issue last time I ran the car on medium grip carpet with excessive rear tyre wear on minipins. Other guys were getting a whole meeting out of a set. I was set up in MM with the rear shocks on the front of the wishbones, which helped a bit with the agility after trying the car in practice. Since finding out about the 2 pad slipper I have built it back into LG. My weight distribution with shocks back on the rear is 39.5/60.5%, which is about 2% further rear than it was in MM (with 30g of weight added) I am hoping the slipper mod and weight distribution will improve the tyre life and forward drive with less wheelspin, and then see if I need to gain more steering.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

I run on a med bite clay with LG and I have really good traction. If MM doesn't work for you, the LG still might with the right setup for clay.

It may ultimately come down to you wanting 2 cars. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.