Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Exactly...or my favorite is when I put the car down and guys tell me I'm in the wrong heat because 'this isn't 4wd buggy'. Love the sound that car makes screaming down the straights

I'm not going to get much 2wd wheel time for the next few months, but come this fall I'll grab scales and work on the weight bias. I have a feeling my KF2SE is never going to touch dirt or clay again. I'll probably piece together a SV2 for that, but who knows
Ive got an sv2 for you just let me know.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, I think your setup might be even weirder than mine! 1.5deg rear toe is impressive. What do you think of the black foams vs grey? I feel like my front smoothies are too thin and need a bigger foam but I've been scared to cram an AKA black in there. I run green smoothies if that makes a difference.

BTW tire slap is just a soft tire stretching and wrinkling on throttle. Look up videos of top fuel dragster tires. It does generate grip but it also means the foams are too soft or the tires are killed, in my opinion. I went to ultra soft tires and black foams to stop the tire slap and the local pros followed suit.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire slap

Originally Posted by Saturn V
Wow, I think your setup might be even weirder than mine! 1.5deg rear toe is impressive. What do you think of the black foams vs grey? I feel like my front smoothies are too thin and need a bigger foam but I've been scared to cram an AKA black in there. I run green smoothies if that makes a difference.

BTW tire slap is just a soft tire stretching and wrinkling on throttle. Look up videos of top fuel dragster tires. It does generate grip but it also means the foams are too soft or the tires are killed, in my opinion. I went to ultra soft tires and black foams to stop the tire slap and the local pros followed suit.
Tire slap is like you said! stuff those blacks in that should do the trick! Phil at DRC said that what they have been doing. The setup was from some notes on SV2 which some tweaks! mainly the rear end of the buggy. The SV2 Med wishbones really help the buggy around the tighter sections of the track. I tried different toe setting, but the 1.5* toe keep the front end down on high bite clay during acceleration out of the corners! The jury is still out on the 2.5* toe need more time on the track!!
Old 04-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire slap

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Wow, liking that. Thanks for the pics and set up sheet too. Are there spacers behind the front outer ball joints enabling straight ball joint cups?

Someone mentioned 'Tyre Slap' when i visited SRS i could hear some cars making a cracking sound-i thought it was a drivetrain thing. Some dude told me it was the tyres, is that true? what makes that sound?
I have a 3mm spacer between the ball stud and the yoke on the front camber link. A must I think when reversing front arms or use stock offset ball cup, I have broke to many of the offset cups material to hard.
Tire slap could be fixed by stuff AKA EVO black foam into a 2.2 rim to reduce tire wrinkling or flex during acceleration! Common mostly in mod class, not so much in stock. Phil at DRC gave me the info on this tire setup! If you want more info on the tires let me know and I will post it!
Old 04-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mel if the grip level is high enough that you are only running 1.5 toe, you probably should just move the motor forward to the low grip setting. I bet you can run the medium grip Astro setups at SRS
Old 04-03-2016, 01:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mel if the grip level is high enough that you are only running 1.5 toe, you probably should just move the motor forward to the low grip setting. I bet you can run the medium grip Astro setups at SRS
I do wonder if very little rear toe is more efficient for stock. I'd do everything I could to flip the rear arms back the way they belong, but that's just me. I don't really want stability on throttle.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default Setup

That's a good idea! Did not think about going that way. I will be back down in Arizona next month will give that a try. 2.5* felt good however, with the lockout it was a challenge to apply power! High grip conditions is definitely not as consistent as carpet but worth a try. Thank you!

Last edited by MelKF2; 04-03-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default R/Wishbone

Originally Posted by Saturn V
I do wonder if very little rear toe is more efficient for stock. I'd do everything I could to flip the rear arms back the way they belong, but that's just me. I don't really want stability on throttle.
Again a good idea! That why I love this site😀 I will also try this change! In fact next month I will back in Arizona and will try it. Also Barry made a suggestion which I will also try! Look's like I will order some more part's so I can dust off my low grip chassis and make life a little easier. Thanks
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Has anyone tried on a loamy track?
Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by the big rc
Has anyone tried on a loamy track?
I would think that the SV2 or even the KR would be better, but I'm sure you could make it work if you were trying to avoid buying a 2nd car. I think I would personally just grab a KR for loam, unless there's a lot of grip in it. Then I would get the SV2.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

has anyone tried placing the esc to the bottom right behind motor when using the mid motor conversion. (ie battery all the way forward and motor all the way back) there seems to be enough room if you had a tiny footprint esc?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
has anyone tried placing the esc to the bottom right behind motor when using the mid motor conversion. (ie battery all the way forward and motor all the way back) there seems to be enough room if you had a tiny footprint esc?
that sounds like it might be a good idea
Old 04-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

my ESC is too big to fit, but yes, that is a common optional electronics layout. It really comes down to your electronics though. In my case, I can't, so in reality I should use weights. I just haven't gotten the scale setup to measure it. That's on the agenda for the fall indoor season for me.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

havent seen any been done so wasnt sure if it was worth it
ive got a viper vx10r so quite smaller then most, will have to try
Old 04-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

havent seen any been done so wasnt sure if it was worth it
ive got a viper vx10r so quite smaller then most, will have to try
Just make sure you keep your wires as short as possible. If you're not running 17.5, switch to 13awg or 14awg wire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.