R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   New Schumacher KF2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/859646-new-schumacher-kf2.html)

leongkc 02-02-2015 05:39 PM

I've started building it.
The quad slipper is very well machined. Not sure how it will handle on the track.

Looking at it, I realised they've done away with the rear bumper....

anthonyjesmond 02-02-2015 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another quality schumacher product.

Saturn V 02-02-2015 08:13 PM

Ordered! Can't beat the service from dRC. I think they'll have Schumacher tires soon so I can order everything from one place.

I've never bought a brand new RC car before. My KF has been awesome and I've been slowly working my way toward all the go-fast stuff like the low grip conversion and aluminum upper transmission housing, so I thought I'd just buy the whole thing. Seeing these pictures gets me even more excited. Looks like a lot of value in this kit.

Does it come with a coreRC servo horn? Any additional springs? I'm seeing a lot of KF option parts on these things.

AC Driver 02-02-2015 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Saturn V (Post 13823749)
Ordered! Can't beat the service from dRC. I think they'll have Schumacher tires soon so I can order everything from one place.

I've never bought a brand new RC car before. My KF has been awesome and I've been slowly working my way toward all the go-fast stuff like the low grip conversion and aluminum upper transmission housing, so I thought I'd just buy the whole thing. Seeing these pictures gets me even more excited. Looks like a lot of value in this kit.

Does it come with a coreRC servo horn? Any additional springs? I'm seeing a lot of KF option parts on these things.

Only comes with plastic servo horns and 1 set of front and rear springs.

Saturn V 02-03-2015 07:07 PM

Guess I'll have to get the spring sets and aluminum upper transmission housing after all. At least the low grip motor option and drilled rear pistons should give me something to tune with.

jpcopeland1 02-03-2015 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Newland (Post 13822536)
I would recommend the ball diff for most surfaces... for sure at OCRC

and I like the alum 5deg front caster blocks for feel and durability, misc parts like front arms, knuckles, belt etc other than that I think it'll be solid :nod:

Gotcha on the ball diff. Wasn't much my favorite of things to build on the SV2. Would really like to try tuning it with the gear diff since a 6.5 is going in it. Belts, knuckles, and arms will be first spares. Track I run at is pretty high bite so going to run the new pro-line slicks. Hope the car can be tuned to be a grip monster.

Badger5 02-03-2015 11:10 PM

The ball diff from the K1/KF seems to be stronger and better than the old SV2 unit, mine lasts much longer.

leongkc 02-04-2015 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Badger5 (Post 13826370)
The ball diff from the K1/KF seems to be stronger and better than the old SV2 unit, mine lasts much longer.

That is something i agree.
The ball diff just felt alot more sturdy, and probably because it has its roots back from the SX days and the fact it had to handle the load of a 4WD.

jpcopeland1 02-04-2015 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Badger5 (Post 13826370)

Does it still use snap rings? Getting ready to download manuals.

Tony Newland 02-04-2015 11:15 AM

Yes it uses an internal snap ring to retain the thrust still... same as always. I've never had an issue with any of the diffs. They're all relatively identical. I certainly don't like ceramic balls in my buggies, I use the carbides

Badger5 02-04-2015 12:31 PM

On astro I could never get the SV2 diff to feel good, could never really pin point it but felt like the diff would unload and then bind up again mid corner, and it never seemed to last. Never had the same issues with my old SX3 or K1, nor with a ball diff in my KF. I have always wondered if it was because of the bigger diameter of the 4wd diff that helped it last and feel better.
I've got my KF2 waiting for me back home but I'm at least a couple of weeks and a 12 hour flight away. Seeing you all starting your builds makes me very envious, Schumacher cars always build very well and it almost seems as if it's over too soon. Awesome to see the engineering in them though and to know what others are missing! ;)

AC Driver 02-04-2015 01:56 PM

Can people post pics of their KF2 build? Specifically with low grip layout and shorty installed? Im having a issue with mine. Even with the little foam pads I have quite a bit of play side to side. Wondering if my kit got shorted.

jpcopeland1 02-04-2015 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Newland (Post 13827353)
Yes it uses an internal snap ring to retain the thrust still... same as always. I've never had an issue with any of the diffs. They're all relatively identical. I certainly don't like ceramic balls in my buggies, I use the carbides

Definitely ceramics are a no no. Ok for the thrust, bad everywhere else.

Badger5 02-04-2015 03:10 PM

Has anyone tried the MIP ball diff? Is there any improvement over the K1 ball diff? The main thing I would of liked is slightly longer driveshafts as I found the stock ones on the KF could pop out if running a more droop and rear toe. I could use the KR shafts but are the MIP ones any longer than the stock KF/KF2 driveshafts.

Tony Newland 02-04-2015 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Badger5 (Post 13827848)
Has anyone tried the MIP ball diff? Is there any improvement over the K1 ball diff? The main thing I would of liked is slightly longer driveshafts as I found the stock ones on the KF could pop out if running a more droop and rear toe. I could use the KR shafts but are the MIP ones any longer than the stock KF/KF2 driveshafts.

I can let you know on MIP shafts when I get my kit built. They sent those to try also.

If your running so much droop the driveshafts are popping out thats simply way too much.