Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Where Is the Next great 4x4 SCT? >

Where Is the Next great 4x4 SCT?

Where Is the Next great 4x4 SCT?

Old 01-26-2015, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, how did a SCT wishlist discussion turn into a whine fest. Craptone of complaining about what's wrong with SCT and the folks who race it? Don't like it, don't race it. Why are you even posting on here?

That said, I'd go for a Mugen SCT.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Could always take any e-buggy and slap a body on it, also add a t-bone bumper so you could say it's a SCT haha

The tires are the same diameter and width, and the wheelbase and wheel width is really the same too
Old 01-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would love to see a 4x4 short course truck kit or RTR roller for less than $300 that has good parts availability. Jammin use to fit that description, but parts are getting harder to get. I am guessing since AE is now absent in this market they believe they cannot offer a competitive product at the right price point.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

I have see it done with the Mugen. Somewhere is a list of what it would take. But the truck is little too heavy for 2S application. It was a tank, and fun to drive. Probably better suited for 3S.

Originally Posted by rc_dude
Could always take any e-buggy and slap a body on it, also add a t-bone bumper so you could say it's a SCT haha

The tires are the same diameter and width, and the wheelbase and wheel width is really the same too
Old 01-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
I have see it done with the Mugen. Somewhere is a list of what it would take. But the truck is little too heavy for 2S application. It was a tank, and fun to drive. Probably better suited for 3S.
Lol yea, you'd need a high amperage 1/8 ESC with as high of a kV motor as you could get. But honestly at 60% power my truggy was as powerful as my 4x4 SCT with a 2200kv motor. If you ran a 2600 on 2s it'd probably do well
Old 01-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Making a sc truck from an e buggy doesnt solve any problems ... There is no reason to do it considering the quality and durability of the current offerings. Ae and HPi built 1/8 scale sc trucks , No body wanted to buy them. I personally believe the best way to keep sc 4x4 a popular class is to allow 3s packs , and 3000kv motors or lower . Drive down the costs of electronics and batteries . A 1/10 scale version of the sc8 roll cage would be a great way to make these 35.00 bodies last a while . The next exceptonal sc truck offering will probably offer a lot of adjustment to moving weight around to suite indoor or outdoor layouts . Optionl drivetrain parts for durability or max performance. My 2 cents , and its overpriced at that .
Old 01-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrianTx01
I would love to see a 4x4 short course truck kit or RTR roller for less than $300 that has good parts availability. Jammin use to fit that description, but parts are getting harder to get. I am guessing since AE is now absent in this market they believe they cannot offer a competitive product at the right price point.
The jammin truck was the only true 1/10th scale 4x4. The wheels base limits for the class have allowed mostly 1/8th style platforms to dominate. Unless your are Ryan Lutz, running the durango on large and rough 1/8th scale tracks is tough to compete.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Truck option...

Originally Posted by jmackani
The jammin truck was the only true 1/10th scale 4x4. The wheels base limits for the class have allowed mostly 1/8th style platforms to dominate. Unless your are Ryan Lutz, running the durango on large and rough 1/8th scale tracks is tough to compete.
I did finish 2nd at LCRC in the wind no less at the Halloween Bash! Durango. I screwed myself by taking too much air on the back jump to the right. I had taken the jump small the entire time too.

I'm currently working on converting a Mugen MBX7R to an SCT. Much more difficult than the old cars. Should have it done in roughly two weeks and then I'll provide a blue print for how to do it. May even sell a package to help folks get there.

I think the Durango was another TRUE 1/10 scale SCT. Tekno has taken the lead and ROAR allows it. If you can't beat them join them. Simple as that.