Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 06-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Got to try Franks Stock Nats setup last night on my 3 gear 22T 2.0. Best setup for stock or mod EVER......
Old 06-27-2016, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Got to try Franks Stock Nats setup last night on my 3 gear 22T 2.0. Best setup for stock or mod EVER......
Did you run with the HF yellow rear spring? I couldn't get that to work, but the LF yellow still works good for me.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running M3 Hole Shots on all four corners for outdoor, loose dirt conditions.

What do you folks think of pin-style tires versus ribs/carver-style tires on the front of your stadium truck?
Old 06-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody have the kyosho part # for the front and rear shock springs? Specifically kyosho white rear, and yellow gold front.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2016, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

So I finally got to run my newly converted truck with the 3 gear tranny last night at a local track and the results were outstanding! First off, I've been running my truck as a rear motor since day one. With just the stock kit setup it drove great up til now. I was always very competitive on all dirt surfaces. But in high traction conditions it would wheelie alot under hard acceleration. And at times it would jump a little nose high. With the switch to mid motor and 3 gear tranny the truck has transformed. It jumped much more level, had way more steering coming from the front end, both on and off power. Overall, it was easy to drive fast with minimal effort. I didn't really change my setup too much from when it was rear motored - as I just wanted to see the effect of simply changing the tranny configuration and not much else. I switched from LF pink rear springs to LF yellow springs. I installed the 35g MM hinge pin block, and I increased rear toe from 3 degrees to 3.5 degrees as a precaution to ensure I had enough forward bite. And finally, I used a brick pack in substitute of my normal stick packs. From the first few laps the truck immediately felt better than ever before, which was astonishing because of how great it previously felt as a rear motor. I TQ'd Mod Stadium Truck class and was leading nearly the entire A-Main up til the end when I tangled with a lapper and snagged a pipe. 2 trucks got by me and I finished 3rd. So take it from me, a die hard rear motor guy, that this 3 gear tranny conversion is the REAL DEAL! Since I had no experience driving the truck with the 4 gear mid motor configuration I can't comment on how different it performs from that. Running a 7.5T motor I had plenty of snap and was able to put the power down despite relatively loose track conditions. Others in the class were struggling with traction problems. I wasn't - but then again, I was using traction compound on my rear tires. I think I'll keep running my 22SCT 2.0 as a rear motor for now, because it feels too good to change it. But so far I'm VERY happy with the changes in my 22T 2.0!
Old 06-30-2016, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Any rumors of a new truck?
Old 07-01-2016, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
I've been running M3 Hole Shots on all four corners for outdoor, loose dirt conditions.

What do you folks think of pin-style tires versus ribs/carver-style tires on the front of your stadium truck?
I also run Hole Shots all round but prefer to use worn tires on the front as they are less aggressive. Our track is fairly hard packed and ribs tend to get a bit of under steer but should be good for loose dirt.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Ive been able to run about 6 packs through my 22t 2.0 now and i've had a few issues and wanted to see if i could get some help. The first issue was the slipper clutch, it just kept slipping, even when I tightened the nut down til it bottomed out and spring was all the way compressed, I ordered a new spring and made sure it was the 12mm long one and same issue, slipper wouldnt stop slipping. I finally gave up and ordered the Avid Triad Slipper and it seems to have fixed the problem, but I was curious if this is a normal problem for this truck or am I doing something wrong? I do remember reading something where some of the 22 vehicles had a longer topshaft but I cant seem to relocate that article. Oh and its 100% not the ball diff that was slipping, I made sure of that, it was def the slipper.

Next after I installed the Avid slipper, I stripped an Idler gear after just one pack, brought the truck to the pit and luckily had a spare, ran 2 packs and then same thing, stripped another Idler gear. Do I go to aluminum Idlers, do I order the 3 gear conversion for MM? I read the 3 gear was for stock racing only, not sure why though. The slipper clutch is adjusted to exactly how Avid says, blip the throttle and I get about 1 to 2" of lift on the front wheels.

My setup is as follows:

Mid motor built to kit specs
added brass pivot
Trinity d4 8.5t
Tekin RS Gen 2 ESC
Spektrum 6270 Servo
Proline Suburbs m4 with open cells
Pro tek square lipo
18t pinion / 81 spur

any help would be extremely appreciated.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I haven't stripped a plastic idler, but know people who have. 3-gear is for high traction surfaces, so if you're doing that go 3-gear, low traction probably stay 4-gear with aluminum idlers.

I had the same issues with the slipper on anything lower than a 13.5t. 13.5+ it seems to be fine. Avid slipper with garodisc pads helps a bunch. You can also put AE slipper plates (maybe even the whole V2 slipper) and that will work too with the stronger AE spring.

If you use the Avid slipper, I recommend keeping the TLR spring and red washer and I use the aluminum spacer off the plate as well. This keeps the spring more inline by providing a smooth complete surface to rest against.

A review of the slipper upgrades I did on my 22T 2.0:

http://razorrc.tumblr.com/post/14469...er-pads-review

http://razorrc.tumblr.com/post/14464...or-not-to-slip
Old 07-03-2016, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsair
Did you run with the HF yellow rear spring? I couldn't get that to work, but the LF yellow still works good for me.
Regular truck yellow spring. Setup is exactly like Franks, down to speed control settings. Of course the track I run on is higher bite then OC/RC. Still witht he 4 gear and old Maifield setup it was a bit of a handful in the corners. Truck stays way flatter with the 3 gear and is no problem running with a 6.5 in it.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:40 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joshualeeduncan
Ive been able to run about 6 packs through my 22t 2.0 now and i've had a few issues and wanted to see if i could get some help. The first issue was the slipper clutch, it just kept slipping, even when I tightened the nut down til it bottomed out and spring was all the way compressed, I ordered a new spring and made sure it was the 12mm long one and same issue, slipper wouldnt stop slipping. I finally gave up and ordered the Avid Triad Slipper and it seems to have fixed the problem, but I was curious if this is a normal problem for this truck or am I doing something wrong? I do remember reading something where some of the 22 vehicles had a longer topshaft but I cant seem to relocate that article. Oh and its 100% not the ball diff that was slipping, I made sure of that, it was def the slipper.

Next after I installed the Avid slipper, I stripped an Idler gear after just one pack, brought the truck to the pit and luckily had a spare, ran 2 packs and then same thing, stripped another Idler gear. Do I go to aluminum Idlers, do I order the 3 gear conversion for MM? I read the 3 gear was for stock racing only, not sure why though. The slipper clutch is adjusted to exactly how Avid says, blip the throttle and I get about 1 to 2" of lift on the front wheels.

My setup is as follows:

Mid motor built to kit specs
added brass pivot
Trinity d4 8.5t
Tekin RS Gen 2 ESC
Spektrum 6270 Servo
Proline Suburbs m4 with open cells
Pro tek square lipo
18t pinion / 81 spur

any help would be extremely appreciated.
Sounds like you might just be searching for a slipper setting that is too tight. I know you can break a molded idler, but they usually last quite a while and sometimes never break. To break 2 in 3 packs, seems like the slipper setting is too tight. Something has to give, it should be the slipper.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Sounds like you might just be searching for a slipper setting that is too tight. I know you can break a molded idler, but they usually last quite a while and sometimes never break. To break 2 in 3 packs, seems like the slipper setting is too tight. Something has to give, it should be the slipper.
Frank, with the stock slipper, I was trying to adjust it by holding the back tires and giving a burst of full throttle for a second and tightening until the front tires went in the air about 2" , but even all the way tightened I was not able to get the front tires to lift.

I know in the old days when everything was rear motor, holding the rear tires while giving a burst of full throttle was the best way to check the slipper, but now that most kits are midmotor, is this still the best way to check the slipper?

It seems like a lot of weight in front of the rear tires to try to be lifting up imo.

Also thanks for taking the time to reply and help me out.

Last edited by joshualeeduncan; 07-03-2016 at 02:50 PM. Reason: to thank frank for the reply.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by joshualeeduncan
Frank, with the stock slipper, I was trying to adjust it by holding the back tires and giving a burst of full throttle for a second and tightening until the front tires went in the air about 2" , but even all the way tightened I was not able to get the front tires to lift.

I know in the old days when everything was rear motor, holding the rear tires while giving a burst of full throttle was the best way to check the slipper, but now that most kits are midmotor, is this still the best way to check the slipper?

It seems like a lot of weight in front of the rear tires to try to be lifting up imo.

Also thanks for taking the time to reply and help me out.
Mine just pull off the table, but also with a 6.5T. The more motor the better it should pick up. If you slip it too much and get the pads too hot, them can become glazed and then you'll struggle to get the bite you need. Try flipping the slipper pads and start in a tighter setting area and go from there making sure it doesn't get too hot.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

How much droop are people running front and rear ?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:23 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by walterheard
How much droop are people running front and rear ?
0mm front limiting, 2mm rear limiting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.