Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 06-14-2016, 02:13 PM
  #1426  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys, so I'm guessing the standard 10.5T would work better? Perhaps any other recommendations?
Thanks
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 PM
  #1427  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (61)
 
HBRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
The short stack motor uses wound pure copper magnet wire and low-resistance collector rings to produce maximum power output and RPM. If your track has loamy or low grip surface then a 10.5t motor will be fine but you might wanna use a lower turn motor for a high grip surface.

The esc in this combo ASC285C-blackbox 10.5t SS is only an 80A esc with a motor limit of 10.5t. You would have to buy a new esc to run a lower turn motor.
Plenty of high grip tracks where even a 10.5 would be pushing it or perfect. Maybe more info needed.
HBRob is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 04:05 PM
  #1428  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

It's a club track no sanctioned rules. Most guys run between 3500/3800kv or a 10.5 set up, I'm not looking to be the fastest down the back straight but the first out of the corners or the one to clear the quad going double double, track has tight turns for the most part but a nice long sweeper after the straight. Coming out that corner is crucial because it's where the quad sits. Hope this helps. I'd like to have the power on tap but rather be smooth and controllable. Thanks
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 04:41 PM
  #1429  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
It's a club track no sanctioned rules. Most guys run between 3500/3800kv or a 10.5 set up, I'm not looking to be the fastest down the back straight but the first out of the corners or the one to clear the quad going double double, track has tight turns for the most part but a nice long sweeper after the straight. Coming out that corner is crucial because it's where the quad sits. Hope this helps. I'd like to have the power on tap but rather be smooth and controllable. Thanks
10.5 will be fine! Unless you go higher say a 13.5. IMHO 10.5 ST is fun!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 06:40 PM
  #1430  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thanks man.....really leaning towards the 10.5T I like the Reedy at the price point and no real plans to drop more then that, but any other combos under the $200 mark I should be looking into?
Thanks
Originally Posted by thecman26
10.5 will be fine! Unless you go higher say a 13.5. IMHO 10.5 ST is fun!
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 08:57 PM
  #1431  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
Thanks man.....really leaning towards the 10.5T I like the Reedy at the price point and no real plans to drop more then that, but any other combos under the $200 mark I should be looking into?
Thanks
If you could save up another $30-40, I would recommend the Orion R10 stock spec esc and the Reedy M3 10.5t motor.
There are some cheaper ESC's though! Depends if that $200 is a hard limit?
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 PM
  #1432  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

for what we do the Reedy combo is excessive, I like the Hobbywing gear too, there's several guys that run it and do well. I think if we had some real hard core racing round here I wouldn't have a problem dropping the extra $30-40

Originally Posted by thecman26
If you could save up another $30-40, I would recommend the Orion R10 stock spec esc and the Reedy M3 10.5t motor.
There are some cheaper ESC's though! Depends if that $200 is a hard limit?
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:00 PM
  #1433  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
for what we do the Reedy combo is excessive, I like the Hobbywing gear too, there's several guys that run it and do well. I think if we had some real hard core racing round here I wouldn't have a problem dropping the extra $30-40
The Trackstar Turbo 120A is a nice budget esc as well!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 10:55 PM
  #1434  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

The Turnigy stuff isn't bad, theres a guy that runs a lot of their stuff. And he does pretty, hangs right in there too.

Originally Posted by thecman26
The Trackstar Turbo 120A is a nice budget esc as well!
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:01 PM
  #1435  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
for what we do the Reedy combo is excessive, I like the Hobbywing gear too, there's several guys that run it and do well. I think if we had some real hard core racing round here I wouldn't have a problem dropping the extra $30-40
The hobbywing gear is very good. HW makes Orion & trackstar escs but they all have unique software or ESC tuning options. HW sells a combo with a 120A v3.1 ESC that will work w/ both mod and stock motors.
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 01:30 AM
  #1436  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by thecman26
The Trackstar Turbo 120A is a nice budget esc as well!
+1 but they're pretty difficult to find anymore (on backorder in the warehouses that still list them). I think they stopped making them. Too bad because they were an insane deal at under $50.

They also have pretty solid motors for under $50. I've got two of these for outdoor/indoor use: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Their V2 motors are good, but with how open their cans are I don't know if I'd want to run them outdoor.

I'm putting a Trackstar 120A GenII (~$70) into my new 22-4 2.0, so we'll see how I like that model.

HobbyWing makes really great gear too, but you pay a bit more for the brand (and everything that comes with it, like product support).
Christophoclese is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 08:51 AM
  #1437  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

With speedos, the difference is all software. The A rating, etc, is just a number, but the real 'performance' comes from the 'feel'. Better feel will make you drive better and crash less. There is no better 'feel' than the Orion R10.1 ESC's, hands down. Worth their weight in gold.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-15-2016, 06:17 PM
  #1438  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
walterheard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Orion speedos are super smooth. And the brakes are incredible!!! Oh and very easy to program.
walterheard is offline  
Old 06-16-2016, 05:24 AM
  #1439  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by walterheard
Orion speedos are super smooth. And the brakes are incredible!!! Oh and very easy to program.
Well most of that is correct. Programming is a total PITA unless you spend the extra $90 on the programming box! That's crazy considering the Trackstar box is $9.
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM
  #1440  
Tech Adept
 
gokarter64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere Near Tacoma RC Raceway
Posts: 239
Default

Lrp flow works team. 190 bucks. Great Esc, I run them in all of my stock class cars
gokarter64 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.