Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 06-09-2016, 04:56 PM
  #1411  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToj2yX76NU

Building a TLR 22 Diff with Matt Castellano
Thanks for the link. Watched it and the one after about camber and ride height. Very helpful
Cheers
Grimmlar is offline  
Old 06-11-2016, 03:02 PM
  #1412  
Tech Master
 
Jack Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 1,147
Default

Frank, I'm almost done with the 3 gear conversion on my rear motored truck. Is it necessary to upgrade to one or both of the rear brass weight systems? One is the 35g hinge pin brace that goes towards the front of the rear arms. The other is the 14g Brass/Alum camber block system at the rear of the truck. I'm running mod so I don't know if I need one or both for proper weight distribution or traction? Also, I usually ran stick packs before. I know I can use my shorty packs, but can I optionally fit a saddle or brick pack with this new tranny configuration?
Jack Bonhomme is offline  
Old 06-11-2016, 05:04 PM
  #1413  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Originally Posted by masepaulmase
Hi Frank and team

Does anyone have a good carpet set up (mod) for the 22T 2.0?
Cheers in advance.
Paul
Not luck on this one guys?
masepaulmase is offline  
Old 06-11-2016, 07:29 PM
  #1414  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
ryan432greening's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Brainerd, MN
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If someone can tell me how to get a 22T 2.0 to corner tighter and not have T5Ms turning arcs inside of you on carpet, I'm all ears. It's all Associated at my local carpet track in this class.
ryan432greening is offline  
Old 06-12-2016, 01:43 PM
  #1415  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

it's the same at my track on med to high clay.
Dirtraycer is offline  
Old 06-12-2016, 05:24 PM
  #1416  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
walterheard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Just ran the 3 gear tranny in the truck...It made the truck that much better!!! Cornered faster and flatter. Also more control of the truck in the air... Just awesome !!!!!!!!
walterheard is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 AM
  #1417  
Tech Master
 
Jack Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 1,147
Default

I just finished my 3 gear installation and I noticed that my normal 82/17 gear ratio with my 7.5T motor isn'the meshing up anymore. The top motor screw rubs on the spur gear before proper gear mesh is reached. Guess I have to move up to a 84T spur gear? Is the internal gear ratio still 2.43?
Jack Bonhomme is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 AM
  #1418  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
I just finished my 3 gear installation and I noticed that my normal 82/17 gear ratio with my 7.5T motor isn'the meshing up anymore. The top motor screw rubs on the spur gear before proper gear mesh is reached. Guess I have to move up to a 84T spur gear? Is the internal gear ratio still 2.43?
You have these? If not try them!
https://www.amainhobbies.com/lunsfor...lns7932/p77531
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM
  #1419  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

can I run saddle packs on rear motor? The manual is deceiving and I have BN saddles and would rather not have to buy new batts.
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 10:42 AM
  #1420  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
Frank, I'm almost done with the 3 gear conversion on my rear motored truck. Is it necessary to upgrade to one or both of the rear brass weight systems? One is the 35g hinge pin brace that goes towards the front of the rear arms. The other is the 14g Brass/Alum camber block system at the rear of the truck. I'm running mod so I don't know if I need one or both for proper weight distribution or traction? Also, I usually ran stick packs before. I know I can use my shorty packs, but can I optionally fit a saddle or brick pack with this new tranny configuration?
You might like the brass anti-squat block, we've run that most of the time in mod. I don't think you'll need both.

In mod, I usually run a square pack, so I'd suggest saddle for you.

Originally Posted by masepaulmase
Not luck on this one guys?
Sorry, I've not run the 22T on carpet or astro.

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
I just finished my 3 gear installation and I noticed that my normal 82/17 gear ratio with my 7.5T motor isn'the meshing up anymore. The top motor screw rubs on the spur gear before proper gear mesh is reached. Guess I have to move up to a 84T spur gear? Is the internal gear ratio still 2.43?
Same internal ratio. If you go 18/84, it's basically the same gearing.

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
can I run saddle packs on rear motor? The manual is deceiving and I have BN saddles and would rather not have to buy new batts.
You should be able to, although I've never tried to fit them myself. Two saddle end to end are the same dimensions as a stick pack.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 04:44 PM
  #1421  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thank you, I have the saddles, (brand new) and just didn't want to buy new batteries. set up today, should be good.

Originally Posted by Frank Root
You should be able to, although I've never tried to fit them myself. Two saddle end to end are the same dimensions as a stick pack.
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 PM
  #1422  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I got a chance to run 5 packs through the truck with the new 3-gear.

Initial thoughts:

http://razorrc.tumblr.com/
tsair is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:17 AM
  #1423  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
MeasuresMicrons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Lil help Please. Ditching the Hastle Creations, looking at the Reedy Blackbox 10.5T Short Stack combo.......interested in pinion options and can someone explain the advantage or disadvantage to the Short Stack? I don't know anything about it. Local hobby shop has an awesome deal on a couple left.
Thanks
MeasuresMicrons is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:45 AM
  #1424  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (112)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 8,269
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
Lil help Please. Ditching the Hastle Creations, looking at the Reedy Blackbox 10.5T Short Stack combo.......interested in pinion options and can someone explain the advantage or disadvantage to the Short Stack? I don't know anything about it. Local hobby shop has an awesome deal on a couple left.
Thanks
Unless you run at a huge flowing track where you need the extra rpm's the SS is just gonna run hotter and you'll have less torque. In my opinion that's a lose lose proposition in a truck. Maybe in a buggy where the loss in torque won't hurt much.
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-14-2016, 11:49 AM
  #1425  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MeasuresMicrons
Lil help Please. Ditching the Hastle Creations, looking at the Reedy Blackbox 10.5T Short Stack combo.......interested in pinion options and can someone explain the advantage or disadvantage to the Short Stack? I don't know anything about it. Local hobby shop has an awesome deal on a couple left.
Thanks
The short stack motor uses wound pure copper magnet wire and low-resistance collector rings to produce maximum power output and RPM. If your track has loamy or low grip surface then a 10.5t motor will be fine but you might wanna use a lower turn motor for a high grip surface.

The esc in this combo ASC285C-blackbox 10.5t SS is only an 80A esc with a motor limit of 10.5t. You would have to buy a new esc to run a lower turn motor.
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.