Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 05-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Frank, thanks for posting your T2.0 setup from the Stock Nationals and congrats on the win!

Can you go over the thinking behind your changes from the standard setup, I'm especially curious about the ride height changes and what I would guess are the other changes stemming from that (shock package, camber, etc.). It seems like the changes are intended to maybe get more corner entry steering (due to less weight transfer with the 3-gear?)?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KalEl63
Just wondering if anyone is running the Spektrum S6270 servo in their truck and if so what is it like?
Iím looking to get some new servos and they seem to be the ones Iím interested in the most
At first glance I don't like how low the torque is on the 6270 but I'm impressed how compact it is, height and weight wise. That thing is very light and a low CG. Speed is obviously very good. My 130SS on 6.0 v is putting out 211 oz/in at .06 transit speed for $89. 42 grams vs 64 grams is a pretty big weight advantage for the 6270 though. My main qualms are the torque (would be fine for buggy but a little lacking for ST in my opinion) and that it's made by Spektrum, I have no confidence in that company.
Old 05-21-2016, 08:14 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsair
Frank, thanks for posting your T2.0 setup from the Stock Nationals and congrats on the win!

Can you go over the thinking behind your changes from the standard setup, I'm especially curious about the ride height changes and what I would guess are the other changes stemming from that (shock package, camber, etc.). It seems like the changes are intended to maybe get more corner entry steering (due to less weight transfer with the 3-gear?)?

Thanks!
I've like the 1.6 piston in the front, just felt that 1.5 was packing too much. The 28mm ride height was for stock to keep more steering in the truck, especially on throttle. To go fast in stock, you've got to have steering and be able to wheel it.
Old 05-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sleddriver
At first glance I don't like how low the torque is on the 6270 but I'm impressed how compact it is, height and weight wise. That thing is very light and a low CG. Speed is obviously very good. My 130SS on 6.0 v is putting out 211 oz/in at .06 transit speed for $89. 42 grams vs 64 grams is a pretty big weight advantage for the 6270 though. My main qualms are the torque (would be fine for buggy but a little lacking for ST in my opinion) and that it's made by Spektrum, I have no confidence in that company.
Yeah the torque for a ST application is why I asked as I'm not sure it's enough.
I want to have the same electrics in both my buggy and ST and the servos are the last thing plus it's time for some new ones.

I was also looking at the S6260 as it has more torque but not as compact.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KalEl63
Yeah the torque for a ST application is why I asked as I'm not sure it's enough.
I want to have the same electrics in both my buggy and ST and the servos are the last thing plus it's time for some new ones.

I was also looking at the S6260 as it has more torque but not as compact.
Good luck with whatever you choose, let us know how the performance feels to you, I'm curious if that torque is sufficient.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sleddriver
I had a Protek 100SS in my T5M for some time and it was plenty! Even with the "lesser" 166 oz/in of torque. $50!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I've like the 1.6 piston in the front, just felt that 1.5 was packing too much. The 28mm ride height was for stock to keep more steering in the truck, especially on throttle. To go fast in stock, you've got to have steering and be able to wheel it.
I tried out some of your changes today on my 13.5 spec truck and got the truck working pretty well even without the brass rear pivot block. Thanks for posting your setup, I found it pretty useful.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:47 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by tsair
I tried out some of your changes today on my 13.5 spec truck and got the truck working pretty well even without the brass rear pivot block. Thanks for posting your setup, I found it pretty useful.
Glad it helped, that's what we are here for!
Old 05-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Frank, I intend to upgrade to the 3 gear tyranny conversion once it's available. I'm currently running my truck as a rear motor using the stock kit setup, which runs great! Will I have to alter the kit setup in order to fully utilize the new tranny? I haven't looked at that new setup you used at the Stock Nationals yet. Should I automatically start with that? The standard kit setup works for me on a variety of track surfaces so I'm hoping to have similar luck with the switch to mid motor.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:21 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
Frank, I intend to upgrade to the 3 gear tyranny conversion once it's available. I'm currently running my truck as a rear motor using the stock kit setup, which runs great! Will I have to alter the kit setup in order to fully utilize the new tranny? I haven't looked at that new setup you used at the Stock Nationals yet. Should I automatically start with that? The standard kit setup works for me on a variety of track surfaces so I'm hoping to have similar luck with the switch to mid motor.
Since you'll be switching from rear motor to mid motor, you'll probably want to tweak the setup a little. I'd start with my stock nats setup, or my standard MM setup.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Since you'll be switching from rear motor to mid motor, you'll probably want to tweak the setup a little. I'd start with my stock nats setup, or my standard MM setup.

At stock nats, your rear shock location was 1-middle. Did you have to modify the arms for the "middle" arm location?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
At stock nats, your rear shock location was 1-middle. Did you have to modify the arms for the "middle" arm location?
My T2.0 rear arms have 3 holes on them for the shocks. I was always confused why the setup sheets said "inner/outer".
Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
The 22T 2.0 rear arm has 3 holes for mounting the shock, Inside, Middle and Outside. Sorry the setup sheet isn't correct.

Use the middle hole.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Carpet set up?

Hi Frank and team

Does anyone have a good carpet set up (mod) for the 22T 2.0?
Cheers in advance.
Paul
Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

3 gear tranny is showing up as backordered on Horizon and available on TLR site, so I'm guessing this thing is going to show up on my doorstep VERY VERY SOON.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.