Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 01-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
No more arguing about ST vs SCT. Lets talk about the 22t 2.0. Go!
It wasn't an argument, it was a discussion about the potential for this and other new trucks to gain back market share among racers.

Nobody has the truck yet. Those that ran the 1.0 have been contributing.

If st gets popular again, I'll bring my mf2 out of mothballs and enjoy it.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 22T 2.0's release is good news, and I've pre-ordered mine! My 22T 1.0 was great, but the new upgrades will make the truck awesome!
Old 01-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WC_Resurrected
How bout a stadium truck body that actually kind of looks like a truck? #StadiumBlitzer
JConcepts make some nice bodies.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
JConcepts make some nice bodies.

Oh pretty! Dont forget proline has a few body that could look just as good http://prolineracing.com/1-10-truck-bodies
Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

The 22T body looks fine to me. Scale looks are overrated. This is R/C car racing. It has it's own look. No need to emulate other sports. Top-fuel dragsters don't look like actual cars. Neither do formula 1.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elikeatts
The 22T body looks fine to me. Scale looks are overrated. This is R/C car racing. It has it's own look. No need to emulate other sports. Top-fuel dragsters don't look like actual cars. Neither do formula 1.
That's actually a pretty good to put it...I'd really like to have an every day car that looks like an F1 car. That would turn some heads

wait...I'd like to have an F1 car instead.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

good to see this truck has been "undiscontinued"!
Old 01-26-2015, 12:12 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Hopefully we can get a comparison of whats exactly different between the 1.0 and the 2.0.

From the description there doesn't seem to be a whole lot.
Been posted.

Originally Posted by Carranza76
He is at the Reedy so it may be a while before we hear from anyone at TLR.
I am BACK!

Originally Posted by skeasor
That's what I thought too. Why do companies release indoors kits when indoor season is just about over? I guess it will give you plenty of time to build it for next season though. From what I've read, it looks like the release date is the end of March just like the T5M.

Available For: $299.99*
Retail Price: $339.99
*Available at participating retailers Due Late March, 2015
Because...we try to update kits around every 2-3 years. We have 4 indoor electric cars... and we can't release 2 at once....so... that leads to an occassion spring release.

Don't forget we got the 22SCT 2.0 out this past fall (October).

Originally Posted by AHR43
ST up from the ashes at last. Glad you electric guys got one at least.

Now, to really get it right, need a nitro option chassis as well. P-l-e-a-s-e Losi. .12 or .15 preferred over .18, o.k?

AC
That would be cool, but I wouldn't count on it...lol.

Originally Posted by Jamie James
I know its early, but I'm wondering what , if any parts are shared with the 22 2.0 buggy? I'd like to run a second class and always like the stadium trucks. I have a whack of spares for my buggy and it would be great if I didn't have to go buy a whole complete batch of spares.
Quite a few. All the hardware, shock internals, steering parts, mud guards, tranny, caster blocks, rear hubs, etc. Not too many parts that are different, just shock towers, arms, front spindle, rear hex, shock shaft/body, body, chassis.

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
Looking at the pics it appears the rear shock towers come with 4 holes vs. the standard 3.

Also comes with the new bell-crank steering.
Original truck tower has 4 holes. It was/is the buggy tower that only had 3.

Originally Posted by Jrsandiego
Anyone know what battery configuration works with this truck? Square, Saddle, shorty or stick type lipo.
MM - Shorty, saddle, square.
RM - Shorty, Stick

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
was gonna get the T5m but I really liked my 22T so I think I may go with that in mm config..haven't decided yet though
I think the 22T 2.0 is the way to go
Old 01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

I for one will always show support for TLR's racing trucks! I hope you guys keep producing them, and I hope the class comes back steady and more people can get into them. They are tons of fun, and have a driving/handling style all their own. Thank you guys again for giving us back the 22T, now with all the new updates it will surely be the fastest truck on the track once again!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Frank, great job at the Reedy race! The team looked awesome! Congrats to Ryan. I have a question. Is it possible to get the manual for the 22T 2.0 for review before I pick up the kit? And also the kit set up?

Last edited by trutledge83; 01-26-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

+1 manual and setup sheet would be great

Curious if kick will be 30 or 25 and if it will use 0 or 5 castor blocks. I assume the new spindles are not just a plastic version of TLR334005 2MM trailing spindles?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Will this truck come with both the rm and mm bodies like the original? Will it come with two sets of wheels like the 22 2.0?
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
I understand what you mean with this statement but to seriously suggest we kill off an entire class of cars to make room for the stadium trucks we love is horrible. The die-hard short course guys would say that stadium truck needs to stay dead so they can enjoy their class. Honestly, we should be promoting the success of all racing classes. It's just kinda crappy to suggest that something that somebody else finds enjoyable needs to "disappear" because you enjoy something different. I like Coke but Pepsi doesn't need to disappear because of it.
+1 I agree about not killing the class even though I personally can't stand Short Bus Let everyone race what they like but IMHO start new drivers with something open wheel or better yet ON-ROAD so they don't pick up the bad habits that usually come with new guys running SCT. We have all seen the traxxas brand of racing and for some reason the idea of a clean pass without hitting is just bad educate in SCT racing. GO FIGURE I already have a 22T and can't wait to get the 2.0. I am too excited about TLR keeping this class alive. Would be cool to see TLR drop a gas truck!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:14 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trutledge83
Frank, great job at the Reedy race! The team looked awesome! Congrats to Ryan. I have a question. Is it possible to get the manual for the 22T 2.0 for review before I pick up the kit? And also the kit set up?
Yes, but they aren't quite ready yet. Hopefully within a week or two.

Originally Posted by E-Mann
+1 manual and setup sheet would be great

Curious if kick will be 30 or 25 and if it will use 0 or 5 castor blocks. I assume the new spindles are not just a plastic version of TLR334005 2MM trailing spindles?
30* pivot with 5* 2.0 caster blocks. The spindles are different geometry than TLR334005.

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Will this truck come with both the rm and mm bodies like the original? Will it come with two sets of wheels like the 22 2.0?
Yes, comes with both bodies, but only one set of wheels now. Bodies are not pre-cut like the previous version though.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Yes, but they aren't quite ready yet. Hopefully within a week or two.

30* pivot with 5* 2.0 caster blocks. The spindles are different geometry than TLR334005.

Yes, comes with both bodies, but only one set of wheels now. Bodies are not pre-cut like the previous version though.
Two bodies over two sets of wheels? I think I like this option better!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.