Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 02-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I guess we all drive on different levels and have different experiences but this truck is dialed in MM! I race on high grip clay/dirt with slicks and the truck is 99% box stock and its super fast. I race with many fast sponsored guys and anyone who drives the truck is impressed. This thing feels way better than my T5 could ever feel on the track.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GettinLapped
I guess we all drive on different levels and have different experiences but this truck is dialed in MM! I race on high grip clay/dirt with slicks and the truck is 99% box stock and its super fast. I race with many fast sponsored guys and anyone who drives the truck is impressed. This thing feels way better than my T5 could ever feel on the track.
Are you running 13.5? 17.5? Mod?
Old 02-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7driver
Are you running 13.5? 17.5? Mod?
Not sure why you are having such a negative experience with the 22T 2.0? I have raced as others have too indoor and outdoor using the MM setups. I have run 17.5 and 6.5, normally run 13.5 because that is the poplar class.

This truck is great out of the box, not just my opinion but several others and this is the first "hater" comments I have ever heard about this truck.

Not trying to insult your intelligence or experience (using your forum level as a basis) but maybe the truck is setup wrong, diff not built correctly, shocks not bled correctly, or just maybe you have the wrong tires. Usually the tires are the biggest issue for any track now days.

When I go to a track and just cant seem to get it dialed in I go back to the kit setup and drive awhile getting used to this setup and then make adjustments if needed. The kit setup has worked on every track I have been too, maybe not perfect but still works.

About tires, if the tires are not broken in properly that is another one of the biggest problems.

Again not trying to insult, just confused. I would recommend tearing the truck apart and checking for broken or worn pieces and rebuilding it again according to the manual. Then see how it feels.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7driver
Have you tried yours in RM set up yet? (I ask not suggesting anything, simply curious.)
No, I bought the car used and have only run it MM as is (no RM parts). I've been pretty happy with the T 2.0 so I haven't felt the need to go RM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
Not sure why you are having such a negative experience with the 22T 2.0? I have raced as others have too indoor and outdoor using the MM setups. I have run 17.5 and 6.5, normally run 13.5 because that is the poplar class.

This truck is great out of the box, not just my opinion but several others and this is the first "hater" comments I have ever heard about this truck.

Not trying to insult your intelligence or experience (using your forum level as a basis) but maybe the truck is setup wrong, diff not built correctly, shocks not bled correctly, or just maybe you have the wrong tires. Usually the tires are the biggest issue for any track now days.

When I go to a track and just cant seem to get it dialed in I go back to the kit setup and drive awhile getting used to this setup and then make adjustments if needed. The kit setup has worked on every track I have been too, maybe not perfect but still works.

About tires, if the tires are not broken in properly that is another one of the biggest problems.

Again not trying to insult, just confused. I would recommend tearing the truck apart and checking for broken or worn pieces and rebuilding it again according to the manual. Then see how it feels.
No insult taken and no insult intended either. Not trying to "hate" either. Go back over my previous post, I said the truck can work. But where I race, it is very competitive. And to get it to compete at the level of our track it needs a lot of changes. I regularly see team drivers, NASCAR drivers, rally cross drivers, among others who enjoy the hobby at our track. And I have turned some of the fastest laps in mod 2wd truck in the previous layout.

Under the current layout, it is tight and technical, jumps are immediately after a turn and some breaking bumps in the turns. You must have good forward bite to compete, there's no exception. And nobody, no one at the track is getting enough forward bite with the 22t in MM configuration. I can run my RM and compete, but with my MM it just isn't happening. Made every adjustment imaginable, ant squat changes, shock positions, oils, springs, tires, all the usual stuff. This is simply the first layout in my twenty plus years of racing that I haven't been able to conquer. And in what I've read in the recent week I'm not alone with this problem, it is pretty common.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GettinLapped
I agree, my truck is box stock and is dialed. No need for a new truck imo
Old 02-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

What kind of surface are you guys getting good forward bite on? My truck does better in MM on carpet, and actually does good on dirt surfaces. But is easier to drive and set up in RM on pretty much any dirt surface. If I can get someone to help out, maybe I will make a video and post it up next week and get some opinions.....
Old 02-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Truck could definitely use more steering just my $.02 ( running box setup). I've tried adjusting to the truck now I'm going to tune the truck to me and see how it goes.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
I can't wait for the 22T 3.0 to be released..I just got the exotek racing MM 22T kit to hold me over

How do you like the exotek chassis?
Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

I am curious about that as well. I just ordered the exotek chassis. If nothing else, it will look dialed.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is always a need for a new truck IMO and the 22 3.0 has proven that.

I moved from an RB6 to the 22 3.0 and have put my fastest lap down ever with the 3.0 and feel like I’m driving better overall with it with lap times to back that up.
I want to switch from the RT6 to a 22T but don’t want to get a 2.0 if an improved version of the truck can happen like the 22 3.0
Plus realistically it would be more or less a sideways move to switch to the 22T 2.0 since both trucks are similar in that they have a 4 gear tranny MM and no sideways battery (not without modifying anyway)

So for me if a 22T 3.0 comes out I’m on it.

Last edited by KalEl63; 02-08-2016 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
Truck could definitely use more steering just my $.02 ( running box setup). I've tried adjusting to the truck now I'm going to tune the truck to me and see how it goes.
Dirty, I felt the same way and went to a 2.5 rear toe and solved all the steering problems, everything else is box set up this truck is spectacular.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SCRAFAN
Dirty, I felt the same way and went to a 2.5 rear toe and solved all the steering problems, everything else is box set up this truck is spectacular.
What type of surface are you running on, and are you running MM?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KalEl63
There is always a need for a new truck IMO and the 22 3.0 has proven that.

I moved from an RB6 to the 22 3.0 and have put my fastest lap down ever with the 3.0 and feel like Iím driving better overall with it with lap times to back that up.
I want to switch form the RT6 to a 22T but donít want to get a 2.0 if an improved version of the truck can happen like the 22 3.0
Plus realistically it would be more or less a sideways move to switch to the 22T 2.0 since both trucks are similar in that they have a 4 gear tranny MM and no sideways battery (not without modifying anyway)

So for me if a 22T 3.0 comes out Iím on it.
I agree. And the 22 3.0 is about as spot on as it gets!
Old 02-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

I'm running MM box stock setup except the rear brass hinge pin and 27.5 wt oil in the rear shocks. I'm going to switch to J.R. Mitch's setup for this weekends race. Oh and running on med - to high bite clay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.