Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 01-01-2016, 01:14 PM
  #1021  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I have been out of rc for several months now and am thinking about jumping back in soon. If I am understanding things correctly, the only thing this truck really needs out of the box to be competitive is the brass pivot (if running MM) - right? It would be nice to buy a kit and build straight out of the box without requiring a lot of extras. Thanks!
That's it!

Aluminum ball stud washers are nice, but definitely not a requirement...
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:46 PM
  #1022  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
That's it!

Aluminum ball stud washers are nice, but definitely not a requirement...
Thank you for the quick response. If I buy one pack of TLR aluminum ball stud washers will that cover the whole kit?
StadiumRC is offline  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:55 PM
  #1023  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Thank you for the quick response. If I buy one pack of TLR aluminum ball stud washers will that cover the whole kit?
Depends on setup, but yes, it should in most cases.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-03-2016, 12:38 AM
  #1024  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Can anyone tell me if there are sway bars available for the 22T 2.0. This is my first stadium truck and love driving it but we are now running it indoors on astroturf and the rear end is very loose and keeps spinning around on me in the corners. Does anyone have an astroturf set up?
I would really appreciate it. I have tried some things (heavier oil in shocks, standing the shocks up more) and had others at the track assist since I am relatively new.

Thank you
cheetahz24 is offline  
Old 01-03-2016, 04:34 PM
  #1025  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (198)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,120
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? Post your setup

Please post your setup so we might better understand . Do you run Dragbrake in the ESC? Tires/Foams? etc....
Originally Posted by cheetahz24
Can anyone tell me if there are sway bars available for the 22T 2.0. This is my first stadium truck and love driving it but we are now running it indoors on astroturf and the rear end is very loose and keeps spinning around on me in the corners. Does anyone have an astroturf set up?
I would really appreciate it. I have tried some things (heavier oil in shocks, standing the shocks up more) and had others at the track assist since I am relatively new.

Thank you
XXXDad is offline  
Old 01-03-2016, 07:08 PM
  #1026  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
yoshgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,525
Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)
Default

Can some one link me to a setup sheet for med/high bite clay,in doors, semi smooth.

it has the sct rear hex's,brass rear hinge pin mount, other then that its stock, currently using 27.5 rear oil 35frt oil, has chain link fronts and dirt webz rears. 28/30mm ride height.
Truck works good, but pushes, Loose on throttle, Same tire prep i run on my otber cars and they are glued to the track.
Other thing it does annoying is if you over jump it wants to unsettle the truck .

Thanks!

Last edited by yoshgixxer; 01-07-2016 at 04:24 AM.
yoshgixxer is offline  
Old 01-04-2016, 12:53 PM
  #1027  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yoshgixxer
Can some one link me to a setup sheet for med/high bite clay,in doors, semi smooth.

I bought the truck used and it has the sct rear hex's,brass rear hinge pin mount, other then that its stock, currently using 27.5 rear oil 35frt oil, has chain link fronts and dirt webz rears. 28/30mm ride height.
Truck works ok, but never really has alot of traction. Loose on throttle, and pushes around corners. Same tire prep i run on my otber cars and they are glued to the track.
Other thing it does annoying is if you over jump it wants to unsettle the truck very bad and spin it around.

Thanks!
Try this setup. I'd also HIGHLY recommend running the same tires (MFG/Tread/Compound) front and rear, as all setups from will reflect that. The tires could be causing most of, or all of, the setup imbalance.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...etup,%20MM.pdf
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-04-2016, 07:03 PM
  #1028  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 886
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Try this setup. I'd also HIGHLY recommend running the same tires (MFG/Tread/Compound) front and rear, as all setups from will reflect that. The tires could be causing most of, or all of, the setup imbalance.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...etup,%20MM.pdf
Hey Frank

Does this also apply for RM on loose clay/hard pack? Say 2wd buggy I'd use ribbed tires on the front, I don't want to do the same on the front of 2wd ST or SCT?
WagwanBumba is offline  
Old 01-04-2016, 07:10 PM
  #1029  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
yoshgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,525
Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)
Default

Thanks for the reply. My setup is very close to that minus a fee minor things, ill switch it 100% and try same frt and rear tires. Also would me running shorty packs be part of the problem. Whats the best lipo size to run in this?
yoshgixxer is offline  
Old 01-05-2016, 01:37 PM
  #1030  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

does this truck have a 3 or 4 gear transmission
DIRT DIGGER is offline  
Old 01-05-2016, 01:41 PM
  #1031  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
does this truck have a 3 or 4 gear transmission
4 gear out of the box
GettinLapped is offline  
Old 01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
  #1032  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 450
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GettinLapped
4 gear out of the box
thank u sir
DIRT DIGGER is offline  
Old 01-05-2016, 03:40 PM
  #1033  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yoshgixxer
Thanks for the reply. My setup is very close to that minus a fee minor things, ill switch it 100% and try same frt and rear tires. Also would me running shorty packs be part of the problem. Whats the best lipo size to run in this?
I used about that setup (+1mm on the front tower ballstuds) for broken in (down?) dirt webs, when I switched to new chainlinks I had to go +1mm on the rear shock tower ballstud and it was pretty dialed.
tsair is offline  
Old 01-06-2016, 06:54 AM
  #1034  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
does this truck have a 3 or 4 gear transmission
3 gear for RM and 4 gear for MM.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-07-2016, 04:27 AM
  #1035  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
yoshgixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,525
Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Try this setup. I'd also HIGHLY recommend running the same tires (MFG/Tread/Compound) front and rear, as all setups from will reflect that. The tires could be causing most of, or all of, the setup imbalance.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...etup,%20MM.pdf

Ran a brick pack and switched over everything to this exact setup, still running same chainlink/dirtwebz truck was 100% better. I could go lap for lap with my buddys mod buggy. Still wanna try running same/front and rear tires. See if i can really get it super hooked up. Brick packed seemed to be the bigest help
yoshgixxer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.