Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 12-15-2015, 05:43 AM
  #1006  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 212
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
I'm using TLR5164 rear truck yellow springs instead of the kit TLR5167 buggy yellow springs. They're a little bit longer.
Ok I'll try that. Still using the same pistons? I want to be able to flat land a small jump and not get unsettled.
mxmatt54 is offline  
Old 12-23-2015, 07:33 PM
  #1007  
vr6
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: rockford illinois
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Any idea of a release date for a 22t 3.0
vr6 is offline  
Old 12-23-2015, 11:36 PM
  #1008  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (28)
 
Eagle7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 633
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vr6
Any idea of a release date for a 22t 3.0
Yeah I feel like the 2.0 was a waste of time and money now.
Eagle7 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 12:24 AM
  #1009  
vr6
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: rockford illinois
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Eagle7
Yeah I feel like the 2.0 was a waste of time and money now.
Are you being sarcastic or for real?

I don't currently own a 22t at all. Stadium truck at my local track has about 12-15 trucks regularly. I want to run stadium truck and don't want to get a 22t 2.0 then 3 weeks later the 3.0 is on hobby shop shelves
vr6 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 10:51 AM
  #1010  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I doubt there will be a 22T 3.0 for a while. The 2.0 was a significant update to the 1.0. Look at the lifespan of the 22 2.0. There was a need for the 3.0 buggy as there were lots of upgrades needed to make the 2.0 competitive and no 3 gear for MM. I don't think that's the case with the 22T 2.0. It comes with pretty much everything needed to be at its best - except the brass pivot for MM.

Don't get me wrong after building the 3.0 buggy I would love to see a new version of the T using the wider chassis, 3 gear and newer rear tower system. I just think the release of the 3.0 T will be more of an evolution of the platform than the improvement in performance on the MM only 3.0 buggy.
E-Mann is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 12:49 PM
  #1011  
vr6
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: rockford illinois
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by E-Mann
I doubt there will be a 22T 3.0 for a while. The 2.0 was a significant update to the 1.0. Look at the lifespan of the 22 2.0. There was a need for the 3.0 buggy as there were lots of upgrades needed to make the 2.0 competitive and no 3 gear for MM. I don't think that's the case with the 22T 2.0. It comes with pretty much everything needed to be at its best - except the brass pivot for MM.

Don't get me wrong after building the 3.0 buggy I would love to see a new version of the T using the wider chassis, 3 gear and newer rear tower system. I just think the release of the 3.0 T will be more of an evolution of the platform than the improvement in performance on the MM only 3.0 buggy.
thanks for the reply
vr6 is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 03:15 PM
  #1012  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (76)
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,405
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

I doubt a 3.0 will be out for a good while. From what people tell me it is absolutely one of the best trucks right out the box. So is there a real need for one? I bought a new 2.0 2 weeks ago, have yet to get it on the track but Saturday will be it's first race
tony montana is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 04:17 PM
  #1013  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

If you read between the lines, the SCT 3.0 will come out next, then the T 3.0. I'd expect 6-9 months between each release.

The T2.0 is pretty good though, I do feel that it mainly just needs a 3-gear tranny and transverse battery, but handling wise it's good. Just down a little on speed.
tsair is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 05:11 PM
  #1014  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vr6
Any idea of a release date for a 22t 3.0
I can't wait for the 22T 3.0 to be released..I just got the exotek racing MM 22T kit to hold me over




DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Old 12-24-2015, 08:51 PM
  #1015  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Lenman73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 459
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

That is a sweet looking ride ! What body do you have to use with the exotek ?
Lenman73 is offline  
Old 12-25-2015, 03:45 AM
  #1016  
Tech Master
iTrader: (93)
 
DriveItLikeYSIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,337
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lenman73
That is a sweet looking ride ! What body do you have to use with the exotek ?
Thanks..It's the JC MM finnisher body painted by Moto1
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 07:51 PM
  #1017  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT
Thanks..It's the JC MM finnisher body painted by Moto1
Very interested in knowing your first impressions on this vs. stock. truck is awesome in stock form, if this is noticeably better i'm gonna pull the trigger.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 07:55 PM
  #1018  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
If you read between the lines, the SCT 3.0 will come out next, then the T 3.0. I'd expect 6-9 months between each release.

The T2.0 is pretty good though, I do feel that it mainly just needs a 3-gear tranny and transverse battery, but handling wise it's good. Just down a little on speed.
I routinely beat T5M's with hotter motors, while pulling faster lap times in my 22T 2.0. Where is this missing speed you refer to?
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 12-26-2015, 08:02 PM
  #1019  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I routinely beat T5M's with hotter motors, while pulling faster lap times in my 22T 2.0. Where is this missing speed you refer to?
I'm talking drivetrain power losses, really 3-gear vs. 4-gear. Around here it's 13.5t spec.
tsair is offline  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:54 PM
  #1020  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

I have been out of rc for several months now and am thinking about jumping back in soon. If I am understanding things correctly, the only thing this truck really needs out of the box to be competitive is the brass pivot (if running MM) - right? It would be nice to buy a kit and build straight out of the box without requiring a lot of extras. Thanks!
StadiumRC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.