Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 10-20-2015, 09:31 PM
  #931  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know if AE ballcups are the same size as TLR ones? I'm tired of my TLR ballcups popping off all the time, the AE's seem to surround the ballstud more and I don't think I've ever popped one on my B5 (I've bent a turnbuckle though, lol).
tsair is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 AM
  #932  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
Anyone know if AE ballcups are the same size as TLR ones? I'm tired of my TLR ballcups popping off all the time, the AE's seem to surround the ballstud more and I don't think I've ever popped one on my B5 (I've bent a turnbuckle though, lol).
What ball cup pops off? This isn't a problem we really see much...
Frank Root is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 09:43 AM
  #933  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
Braxamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

My brother has a brand new 22T on his first day of racing with it he popped a ball cup 2 times once costing him a DNF in the main. I am not sure exactly which one it was but I think it was one of the front ones both times. It also was my first time with my brand new T5M and I had several more wrecks than he did and never popped a single one.
Braxamus is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 11:13 AM
  #934  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

On my 22T 2.0, it tends to be the front driver's side caster block camber ballcup. Our track is clockwise, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but my SCT 2.0 also will occasionally pop the rear one by the diff. I manually pop that one the most, so it doesn't bother me and I just assume it's a bit worn.

I noticed that the AE ones encapsulate the ballstud a little more and I've never popped one while driving, so was thinking of changing over. Of course you deal with the "too tight" issue with the AE ones, but... lol.
tsair is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 AM
  #935  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
xyzracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bakersfield
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Different sizes. The ballstuds are bigger on the associated and the turnbuckles are bigger on the losi. You would have to switch everything over.

Also, The new updated ball cups fit perfect now.

Last edited by xyzracer; 10-21-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Sp
xyzracer is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 11:27 AM
  #936  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xyzracer
Different sizes. The ballstuds are bigger on the associated and the turnbuckles are bigger on the losi. You would have to switch everything over.

Also, The new updated ball cups fit perfect now.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the threads are the same? I will probably go Lunsford anyway on the 22T and I have extra AE cups, so I just need to buy the ballstuds.

But if the threading is different and I need new spindles/hub carriers, etc..
tsair is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 11:41 AM
  #937  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
xyzracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: bakersfield
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Yes the thread diameter is bigger on the losi, 3.5 mm vs 3.0 on the associated i believe.
xyzracer is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 12:42 PM
  #938  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
SUPERLOOPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dalton,Ga
Posts: 2,238
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
On my 22T 2.0, it tends to be the front driver's side caster block camber ballcup. Our track is clockwise, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but my SCT 2.0 also will occasionally pop the rear one by the diff. I manually pop that one the most, so it doesn't bother me and I just assume it's a bit worn.

I noticed that the AE ones encapsulate the ballstud a little more and I've never popped one while driving, so was thinking of changing over. Of course you deal with the "too tight" issue with the AE ones, but... lol.
Are they marked as the HD ballcups? If so, make sure you replace the old one with a fresh cup just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Brian
SUPERLOOPER is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 12:47 PM
  #939  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I was popping ball cups (spindle), when I would hit a verticle board outlining our track, and I was at full turn. Of course I wasn't trying to hit the boards, but almost everytime it would pop the cup on the spindle and cost me many seconds as the mashall would try to put it back on. I finally went to captured ends on the spindle, and it seems to have helped.

It appears to me to be a combination of a good hit and at full outward throw that it would occur. This is on an indoor track
brew99 is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 03:58 PM
  #940  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by brew99
I finally went to captured ends on the spindle, and it seems to have helped.
Which part are you using for this, LOSA6044?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...losa6044/p7751
tsair is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:16 AM
  #941  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
[[john]]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Here's my EXO22 T - I used the buggy conversion as the Truck wasn't out when I ordered. Looking forward to getting it on the track
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck-hfdh.jpg  
[[john]] is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 08:16 AM
  #942  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: GreatWhiteNorth
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
Which part are you using for this, LOSA6044?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...losa6044/p7751
I ended up using these
brew99 is offline  
Old 10-22-2015, 10:38 PM
  #943  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by [[john]]
Here's my EXO22 T - I used the buggy conversion as the Truck wasn't out when I ordered. Looking forward to getting it on the track
Looks good! How much shorter is the buggy chassis?

Originally Posted by brew99
I ended up using these
Thanks.
tsair is offline  
Old 10-23-2015, 02:40 AM
  #944  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
[[john]]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 853
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tsair
Looks good! How much shorter is the buggy chassis?

Thanks.
Not Sure, I think about 4-5mm

I ordered a second kit, but its taking forever to arrive. Wish I had ordered the exo22t coming instead :P
[[john]] is offline  
Old 10-25-2015, 01:16 PM
  #945  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tsair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 979
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Do you guys find the truck has a tendency to nose dive a little over jumps? It's not super bad, and I don't think I'm slapping the rear off the jump.

Running mm, kit setup (2.5wt down on the rear) with a square pack and ESC on the battery strap.

Last edited by tsair; 10-25-2015 at 06:04 PM.
tsair is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.