TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 01-24-2015, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Glad to see it!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I wish TLR, AE, and Kyosho would let ST die. I like driving them too but it's another class we don't need and doesn't offer a different driving experience (it's just big/easy buggy). At my track we're seeing record turnouts in 2wd stock and 4wd/13.5 as well as decent stock SCT turnout. If there is to be a truck class then it should be SCT because they drive so much differently.

Every time something like this comes out it dillutes other classes and hurts participation rates all around. You'd think they would've learned their lessons from on-road by now.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I wish TLR, AE, and Kyosho would let ST die. I like driving them too but it's another class we don't need and doesn't offer a different driving experience (it's just big/easy buggy). At my track we're seeing record turnouts in 2wd stock and 4wd/13.5 as well as decent stock SCT turnout. If there is to be a truck class then it should be SCT because they drive so much differently.

Every time something like this comes out it dillutes other classes and hurts participation rates all around
. You'd think they would've learned their lessons from on-road by now.
Kinda like SCT killed St right?
Old 01-24-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka

Every time something like this comes out it dillutes other classes and hurts participation rates all around. You'd think they would've learned their lessons from on-road by now.
It's the original truck class and it should not die. SCT killed ST, now it will hopefully be back where it should be. Remember when it was just Buggy and ST?

I don't see why people like SCT, they are not really 1/10th scale, and often times, too big for smaller tracks. Sure, they have that realistic look, but they are not the best handling out of Buggy, ST, SCT... most classes for that matter.

Every track will have its niche car group, here where I am it's SCB, SCT, and Slash. What happened to racing real RC?

What's funnier is I've put my RC10T/T2 on the track and people have asked me what that is
Old 01-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by icameron
I agree with the bad timing on releasing these kits. A march release misses all of the parts of the country where we have winter. I get that some people run these year round, but it seems that in NE Ohio we run 8th scale outside, then migrate to 10th in the winter.

Totally agree ! I mean like i mention there coming out with it late march i know that will hurt sales especially on the east coast when outdoor is coming the next mouth. Or i would get one since i like driving the ST more than 2wd Buggy .

There isn't many 1/10 tracks outdoor around me anyways accept one in SJ not in PA closer to me.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well I think they made a total of 2 guys happy at our track. Good job. Not even 1% of our turn outs. This class must be worthy some where. ?
Old 01-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've got news for the people saying ST should die. STs were gracing the track a good 20 years before SCTs were even thought of. Like I said with a previous post, SCTs have a different application than ST and I believe they can co-exist. I'm not a SCT fan, I was not raised on them, but I do believe they make a good beginners class. I think they should have been left at that, no racing kits, just box stock beginners SCT classes. That's what made them so great to begin with. ST is extremely fun if you give it a chance. It is great for those who aren't yet ready for 2wd buggy, but want to drive open-wheel and learn better driving. They are easier to drive. And I DO remember the days when it was just the BIG THREE electric off-road classes, 2wd and 4wd buggy, and truck. To me those three types of cars are the true, classic quintessential R/C cars.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elikeatts
They are easier to drive. And I DO remember the days when it was just the BIG THREE electric off-road classes, 2wd and 4wd buggy, and truck. To me those three types of cars are the true, classic quintessential R/C cars.
THIS
Old 01-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think any of the classes should "die". I don't like SCT's, but I do see where they have kept interest going in the hobby. What we need is true growth in the hobby. True growth is not replacing one class with another, true growth is bringing enough people in to naturally fill all the classes. Like I said, I don't like SCT's but I don't want to see them go away either. I am glad AE and TLR have both decided to release trucks, and I will buy one, if not both of them.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
I don't think any of the classes should "die". I don't like SCT's, but I do see where they have kept interest going in the hobby. What we need is true growth in the hobby. True growth is not replacing one class with another, true growth is bringing enough people in to naturally fill all the classes. Like I said, I don't like SCT's but I don't want to see them go away either. I am glad AE and TLR have both decided to release trucks, and I will buy one, if not both of them.
+1 no one should disagree with that.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im getting one of these.Maybe Ill be the only one at the track with one.Then they will have to let me race it in the SCT class and they will all get spanked!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Suspended

Combine SC and ST?
Old 01-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by elikeatts
I've got news for the people saying ST should die. STs were gracing the track a good 20 years before SCTs were even thought of. Like I said with a previous post, SCTs have a different application than ST and I believe they can co-exist. I'm not a SCT fan, I was not raised on them, but I do believe they make a good beginners class. I think they should have been left at that, no racing kits, just box stock beginners SCT classes. That's what made them so great to begin with. ST is extremely fun if you give it a chance. It is great for those who aren't yet ready for 2wd buggy, but want to drive open-wheel and learn better driving. They are easier to drive. And I DO remember the days when it was just the BIG THREE electric off-road classes, 2wd and 4wd buggy, and truck. To me those three types of cars are the true, classic quintessential R/C cars.
Welcome to 2015. There are people that actually take SCT seriously, so why can't they have 'racing kits'?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldschoolrcer
Kinda like SCT killed St right?
No, when SCT killed ST, it added 50% more racers at !most tracks, many of whom are on to other classes like 2wd & 4wd buggy.

Originally Posted by shoman24v
It's the original truck class and it should not die. SCT killed ST, now it will hopefully be back where it should be. Remember when it was just Buggy and ST?

I don't see why people like SCT, they are not really 1/10th scale, and often times, too big for smaller tracks. Sure, they have that realistic look, but they are not the best handling out of Buggy, ST, SCT... most classes for that matter.

Every track will have its niche car group, here where I am it's SCB, SCT, and Slash. What happened to racing real RC?
I remember when it was 2wd and 4wd buggy with no ST. Those are the original classes (notice how there is still no ST class @ world's?).

I least like SCT because I find it the least enjoyable to drive. I most like it because it is a completely different driving experience from buggies. I feel that if a class is going to add value, it needs to be different enough from the others. It is telling that ST has nearly disappeared from the scene since slower, more cumbersome SCT's came along.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Well enough for a heat only shows up at special events or points races at my track. But everybody ewes and awes when they run. Looks like fun. They are what I started with years ago but then only stock class now mod and those things are fast. So with March release maybe I'll consider the winter points series next winter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.