Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 09-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just finished putting my truck together and breaking in the diff I noticed a real bad vibration. the cvds don't visualy look bent but that's the only thing that could be causing the vibration right ?
Old 09-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dirtraycer
I just finished putting my truck together and breaking in the diff I noticed a real bad vibration. the cvds don't visualy look bent but that's the only thing that could be causing the vibration right ?
Are the tires mounted?

Topshaft/spur assembly straight?
Old 09-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Christophoclese
Are the tires mounted?

Topshaft/spur assembly straight?
as far as I know the gear box is all correct and yes the tires are mounted and glued.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

it's definitely the the cvds there jumping around creating the vibration. guess I'll be getting ahold of TLR. I just got this kit Sept 8 from Amain I was hoping the cvd trouble was taken care of. only bad thing is I have race coming up fast Oct 3....
Old 09-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

it's definitely the the cvds there jumping around creating the vibration. guess I'll be getting ahold of TLR. I just got this kit Sept 8 from Amain I was hoping the cvd trouble was taken care of. only bad thing is I have race coming up fast Oct 3....
Make sure you test with the tires off. Should become very easy to see what's tweaked, axle or bone.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Christophoclese
Make sure you test with the tires off. Should become very easy to see what's tweaked, axle or bone.
took the wheels off it's the left driveshaft bone

Last edited by Dirtraycer; 09-20-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:04 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

A-Main could have easily had old stock...
Old 09-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is there a stroke length the kit setup should end up at?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

well I called horizon today about my bent cva bone and wish I could say it was a good experience. But the guy just made me feel like I was lying about it and said that he nor anyone else there has heard about the issue with the drive shaft bones being bent. And Now I must send him a video of the problem I mean realy has anyone else had this issue when dealing with customer service trying to get there parts replaced ??
Old 09-22-2015, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Kind of funny if Frank knows of the issue, yet their customer support does not. When you call and get treated the way he treated you makes you wonder why anyone would stay loyal to the brand.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:45 AM
Tech Initiate

well I called horizon today about my bent cva bone and wish I could say it was a good experience. But the guy just made me feel like I was lying about it and said that he nor anyone else there has heard about the issue with the drive shaft bones being bent. And Now I must send him a video of the problem I mean realy has anyone else had this issue when dealing with customer service trying to get there parts replaced ??
Call back and talk to someone else or a manager maybe the guy was new. My kit was one of the first ones and had the issue. I called them up and they sent me out 2 new ones right away got them in 2 days! And only one was bent but I still got 2. Hope you have better luck. Also talk to the racing dept not just regular customer service.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Word of advice...When building your first kit and trying to build Mid Motor, it helps to not misplace a Mid Motor bag in your living room. Eventually found it but put everything in Rear Motor for the time being. Now to rebuild the diff because I know I did not put some black grease on some ball bearings. The trials of learning, but Im excited to get it going.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starspike
Call back and talk to someone else or a manager maybe the guy was new. My kit was one of the first ones and had the issue. I called them up and they sent me out 2 new ones right away got them in 2 days! And only one was bent but I still got 2. Hope you have better luck. Also talk to the racing dept not just regular customer service.
Wot he said, I have never had a problem with Horizon customer service AE on the other hand *shudder*......
Old 09-22-2015, 08:59 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
Is there a stroke length the kit setup should end up at?
I don't know of the top of my head. If you used the kit limiters, and screw the ends all the way up, just measure and that will be it

PM Sent.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been lucky and never had to deal with TLR customer service, as everything I have had from them has been good. I have dealt with other customer services and guess I been lucky there also as I never have had any issues at all, Associated, Custom Works, SMC, Pro Match and A-Main, all have been very good. Dirtraycer is my brother and from talking with on the phone about his phone call, he took it a lot better than I would have. That guy would have got an ear full, and then like someone else mentioned I would have ask to talk to his supervisor. I don't have any doubt they will take care of it especially with it being a known issue.

Last edited by Braxamus; 09-22-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.