Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 06-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

I recently changed the electronics layout on my buggy. It worked out real well on the carpet track that I was running on. Decided Saturday nite to try it on my st. Worked out great. The lower cg helped increase corner speed, and the extra weight up forward helped with on power steering. It will still pull wheelies but is much easier to drive now.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the cv drives are the same for the 22T and 22T 2.0? Or the arms are longer and therefore the axles will be different lengths? Im looking to change to mip cvds cause both sets of losi axles i received are all bent
Old 06-19-2015, 09:21 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Spanky
Does anybody know if the cv drives are the same for the 22T and 22T 2.0? Or the arms are longer and therefore the axles will be different lengths? Im looking to change to mip cvds cause both sets of losi axles i received are all bent
Call product support, they have some straight drive shafts to send. We've never seen issues with the axles themselves.

The 22T 2.0 axle and drive shaft are different lengths from the 1.0, so 22T parts will NOT fit unless they are specifically for the 2.0.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Call product support, they have some straight drive shafts to send. We've never seen issues with the axles themselves.

The 22T 2.0 axle and drive shaft are different lengths from the 1.0, so 22T parts will NOT fit unless they are specifically for the 2.0.
Thanks Frank, appreciate it. Thanks for all the videos on youtube also. Saw your driving at cactus, good stuff.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schonded
Has anyone had problems with their mid motor truck nose diving over jumps? Or very sensitive to brake/throttle in the air?

From the first day I drove my truck I have noticed this issue. I have added a brass rocket rc anti squat block and a aluminum rear camber plate and it helped some but Adding this weight has also made my truck push under low speed sterring. Any thoughts are appreciated, not new to the mid motor game, but new to Stadium truck mid motor racing.
have you looked at Frank Root' suggestions for setup on the truck? depending on how your running; i.e. a spec class or Mod. dictates on what you might want to do.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

On my second set of warranted wet noodle pos CVs.Wish MIP would step up with a set of their American made CVDs. Or when is Losi actually going to take care of this? Like the truck but wondering if I will ever get Horizon to ship a quality set of CVs. :-(
Old 06-23-2015, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah. I haven't seen anybody post about this specific issue. The truck handles really well, but I wanted to know if there was any similar experience. Thanks! I run a 7.5 on a large indoor high bite track, SRS to exact where they run Cactus. We run stiff setups and slick tires. There are big jumps, triple/doubles, etc...
I just purchased and yet to install the brass rear hinge pin for more weight in the rear. On TLR's website there is a brass front also for weight in the front to help aid in corner speed. Ive run mine some on a carpet track straight from the box build and loved it, my first 2wd offroad anything. with same setup just different tires tried it on our outdoor track and I had issue learning to drive the corners to keep the truck from looping around on itself. totally different drive for me. finger management on throttle and learning the diff and slipper settings. I thought the truck jumped good as I can "air" it out on some big stuff real easy. Its the smaller technicals that get me. I too have a 7.5 motor. All Tekin, RSX esc.

Franks FB page has some good info also.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sandfreak
On my second set of warranted wet noodle pos CVs.Wish MIP would step up with a set of their American made CVDs. Or when is Losi actually going to take care of this? Like the truck but wondering if I will ever get Horizon to ship a quality set of CVs. :-(
So far, the folks that got straight ones have had no issues. Those that got ones that were not straight can call CS and get straight ones as they have them in the CA service center. If you called CS and they just sent you packaged units, you are in the same position and may get ones that are not perfectly straight. Either way, there are no bending problems past that in regards to your reference to wet noodle.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My driveshafts are bent, but it doesn't cause any problems with my truck. Maybe some of the guys on here are a little too picky. I mean the kit is less than 300 bucks and leaps and bounds better than the ae truck. I'll keep rockin the wet noodles until it's time for a rebuild!
Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What rims is everyone using? Looking for some white ones but A Main doesn't have any of the TLR white ones. Do the T4 ones work?
Old 06-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3srcracing
What rims is everyone using? Looking for some white ones but A Main doesn't have any of the TLR white ones. Do the T4 ones work?
I run the de racing speed line wheels. They look awesome and seem durable
Old 06-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Slipper Help Please

I am having a terrible time with on power corner exit. The truck always spins out. The only thing I can think it could be is the slipper setting. I have tried using the normal method of holding the rear tires and giving throttle but the front end doesn't lift. I am afraid to go too much tighter because the spring coils will begin to clash.

Would slipper that is too tight cause these spin outs?

Motor: Orion 7.5t MM
Setup: box +rear brass weight.
Diff: tight- 3/4 of a full turn when doing the flick test
Esc: R10.1 punch 3
Tire: chain links. Not the best but they cant be this bad
Surface: clay (RC Clubhouse)

Thanks for your help
Old 06-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Have you contacted Customer service to get new ones? If you contact MIP they might be able to offer a set of prototype cvds. I inquired via their facebook page and they messaged me back. I only inquired b/c I heard of the bending issue, but my axles came straight. Just a thought...
No. After the second bad set I just shelved the truck and been concentrating on racing my new Durango DEX8 and getting my DEX8T built.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fievel
I am having a terrible time with on power corner exit. The truck always spins out. The only thing I can think it could be is the slipper setting. I have tried using the normal method of holding the rear tires and giving throttle but the front end dft. I am oesn't liafraid to go too much tighter because the spring coils will begin to clash.

Would slipper that is too tight cause these spin outs?

Motor: Orion 7.5t MM
Setup: box +rear brass weight.
Diff: tight- 3/4 of a full turn when doing the flick test
Esc: R10.1 punch 3
Tire: chain links. Not the best but they cant be this bad
Surface: clay (RC Clubhouse)

Thanks for your help
Try more rear toe, or go lower on oils/spring rate, more weight on the rear e.g. using saddle/square pack, smaller pinion for higher FDR - add timing/boost if you lose too much top end.

There's a lot you can do but try one thing at a time.

Slipper should NOT be used as "traction" control. It's really there to protect your gear train.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had issues with the stock slipper on my truck as well. I run on a very high bite clay track and I found that a Schelle Slipper gives a lot more adjustability. I found the stock slipper to have very little adjustability between too tight and too loose.
+1 for Schelle/Avid slippers. Have them in almost all my 2wd buggies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.