Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 04-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In regards to the mid-motor spoilers, is it completely impossible to fab one out of a sheet of polycarbonate yourself? (I don't run mid-motor so I'm legitimately asking, not being disrespectful.) I've broken the spoiler on my rear motor Bulldog body probably 3 times now and I just bend a new one out of a sheet of Lexan I bought. It's not perfect or quite as visually pleasing as the stock one but it definitely gets the job done.

I just use the stock spoiler as a template, cut it roughly with scissors and bend the creases with a vise and a heat gun. I'll trim up the edges and corners more precisely when the fit gets close. It's been working for me and I've gotten at least 4 spoilers out of a single 8x12 sheet for ~$8
Old 04-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We would lose money making them. Sorry to inform you, but we cannot make products that we know will lose money.
So are you saying replacement mid motor wings will not be available At all without buying a whole new body?
Old 04-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by starspike
So are you saying replacement mid motor wings will not be available At all without buying a whole new body?
That is exactly what he is saying. They are not currently sold separately and will not be sold separately. Make your own or buy a new body; those seem to be your only options.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We would lose money making them. Sorry to inform you, but we cannot make products that we know will lose money.
I personally don't understand how you could lose money selling wings separately. I know the process of making them would cost money but I know I would be buying them on a regular basis given the fact that after 2hrs of driving and flipping my truck twice my wing is already cracked. Guess ultimately switching to another brand that offers wings separate might be a better option and cheaper in the long run.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Hey all, this may work for you guys. I have never really checked out a 22t mid motor body but I would think this could help out a little. It wont get all the way to the body mounts but should be able to secure to the back based on the tlr blog post linked earlier.

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finni...gurney-spoiler

You can see how it is mounted a little better here:

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finni...10t5m-body-t5m
Old 04-15-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sinistersmile13
I personally don't understand how you could lose money selling wings separately. I know the process of making them would cost money but I know I would be buying them on a regular basis given the fact that after 2hrs of driving and flipping my truck twice my wing is already cracked. Guess ultimately switching to another brand that offers wings separate might be a better option and cheaper in the long run.
I'm not an economist or anything, but they definitelycould sell the wing separately and make money, but the markup that they would likely have to apply would make the product unfeasible to sell. It's not just the cost to produce the wing, but to stock and sell them, especially at a (likely) high pricepoint makes it seem like a terrible business decision. TLR and Horizon are in this for profit, just like any other business and they clearly deem it a bad business move.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
That is exactly what he is saying. They are not currently sold separately and will not be sold separately. Make your own or buy a new body; those seem to be your only options.
You can bend the rear motor spoiler fairly easily and bolt it on the back of the mid motor body. I have done this and it performs very well as well.

I do wish we had one too but there are ways to make plenty work ok. If I think about the past and running stadium truck, separate spoilers never used to be an option. We were the first to do it with our rear motor body. But we always used to have to find some scrap lexan and make them for our JRXT, LXT, XXT, and XXXT's. Just crazy to think about the past versus now.

What Frank is getting at is for us to make those, the first batch would be like $30 just for a 2 pack, lol. That isnt going to fly for sure. Not when you can just make them out of other material.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

I'll be sure to apply a liberal coat of shoe goo and dunk it in plasti dip. Thanks for the spoiler alert
Old 04-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just ordered a 22T 2.0. I would like to know what extra parts and upgrades I need to get in order to race mod (7.5). Does this kit come with an aluminum top shaft or aluminum idle gear? Would a gear diff help? I got the brass hinge pin brace.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:19 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acting Bad
I just ordered a 22T 2.0. I would like to know what extra parts and upgrades I need to get in order to race mod (7.5). Does this kit come with an aluminum top shaft or aluminum idle gear? Would a gear diff help? I got the brass hinge pin brace.
An aluminum top shaft was included, but not the alum idler. Gear diff would improve durability and lower maintenance, but be a step back in terms of performance unless you are racing on Astro or Carpet.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Acting Bad
I like the aluminum camber block, aluminum servo mount and aluminum servo horn. None of them are necessary, but they provide some added rigidity and durability. Also, building the kit with a set of aluminum ball stud washers is a nice little quality-of-life improvement.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dont flip!!!!! I raced mine all day Sunday wheeled over backwards once was peeled many times and apexed a couple corners only to burn al little go my white paint off.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
Check out this post on the TLR blog for a tip on how to better mount the wing in mid-motor.
Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I did something very similar but I used 4 screws and nuts, also used servo tape under the wing to attach to the body. Used one of the triangle pieces for extra support. I mounted 2 of the screws at the farthest outside so the edges would not get ripped off. Also used 2 screws in the middle fore and aft to support the wing with being pulled forward or bent backwards.

I ran it last weekend and the wing was bent all up but still intact.
Thanks guys. I did something similar, but I only used three screws, and didn't have enough washers for top AND bottom. But I think it'll hold up for a little while.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I purchased kyosho big bore medium (gold) springs for my 22t 2.0 kit. The numbers are xgs034 for rears and xgs024 for fronts. They are longer than losi springs? Are these right and will they work?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Does TLR offer a Titanium turnbuckle set for the 22T 2.0? I looked around and didn't see one for the 2.0 yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.