Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 04-12-2015, 02:40 PM
  #421  
Tech Master
 
Jack Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 1,147
Default

For those drivers who are converting their 1.0 to 2.0 status, and had previously upgraded to the bell cranks steering. The new 2.0 spindles eliminate the steering problem where we had limited equal steering throw in both directions. Previously, I had to have my servo travel cranked up to 150% on my radio to get NEAR full steering lock. Now with the new parts I actually had to REDUCE steering travel down between 75% - 80% travel! I have no problem getting full lock to lock steering. Definitely the new spindles should be at the top of your list for upgrades for the original 22T.
Jack Bonhomme is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 03:15 PM
  #422  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default servo fitment issue

I am building my 2.0 truck and I installed the KO Propo RSx one servo. I followed the chart and used the 1mm spacer. It bumps into the bottom of the bulkhead. I've tried other spacing options and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? Do I simply need to use a different servo?

Originally Posted by Jack Bonhomme
For those drivers who are converting their 1.0 to 2.0 status, and had previously upgraded to the bell cranks steering. The new 2.0 spindles eliminate the steering problem where we had limited equal steering throw in both directions. Previously, I had to have my servo travel cranked up to 150% on my radio to get NEAR full steering lock. Now with the new parts I actually had to REDUCE steering travel down between 75% - 80% travel! I have no problem getting full lock to lock steering. Definitely the new spindles should be at the top of your list for upgrades for the original 22T.
Cojex1 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 06:11 PM
  #423  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
walterheard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I run the stock kit setup, only changing 27.5wt in the rear and adding the brass anti-squat block. My 22T 2.0 is DIALED at OCRC. No need for any changes IMO.
The instructions shows 2mm ballistud on spindle, but the kit setup where it displays the entire car set up shows 1mm on top of spindle. Which one are you using ?
walterheard is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 07:36 PM
  #424  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I am building my new 22t 2.0 and I installed the KO Propo RSx one servo. I followed the chart and used the 1mm spacer. It bumps into the bottom of the bulkhead. I've tried other spacing options and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? Do I simply need to use a different servo?
Cojex1 is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 08:03 PM
  #425  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
walterheard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Is anybody else having issues seeing maifields or roots setups?
walterheard is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 PM
  #426  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 424
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I'm really considering getting a 2.0, but how do you think it would compare to the 1.0 on an all natural dirt track? The tracks nickname is "the sandbox" and it is actually pretty high traction if you stay out of the fluff that accumulates outside the racing line. Step pins are normally the tire of choice and I actually have been using an ancient pair of losi tires with big pyramid shaped lugs and an x-shaped lug in the center. I run stock truck (13.5) mid motor and mod truck rear motor and didn't really notice a huge difference between the two. The track does get rough and blown-out by the end of the day, we actually stopped running 4 wheel buggy there because of this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
nitrousdave is offline  
Old 04-12-2015, 10:46 PM
  #427  
Tech Master
 
Jack Bonhomme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 1,147
Default

Originally Posted by Cojex1
I am building my new 22t 2.0 and I installed the KO Propo RSx one servo. I followed the chart and used the 1mm spacer. It bumps into the bottom of the bulkhead. I've tried other spacing options and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? Do I simply need to use a different servo?
Did you try using no spacers at all? I use Spektrum 6040 servos in all my TLR vehicles with no issues. I'm also using TLR aluminum servo horns on each one.
Jack Bonhomme is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 06:36 AM
  #428  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I didn't but I can shorter is worse than longer if that makes sense. In other words I tried .5 and it seemed worse. It almost clears at 1 mm
Cojex1 is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 PM
  #429  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ProfessorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cojex1
I am building my new 22t 2.0 and I installed the KO Propo RSx one servo. I followed the chart and used the 1mm spacer. It bumps into the bottom of the bulkhead. I've tried other spacing options and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? Do I simply need to use a different servo?
The Dremel is your friend to be scare to use it
ProfessorX is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
  #430  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
68pontiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I just wanted to chime in and express how utterly impressed I am with this new truck. I had the original 22T and enjoyed it, but always felt it needed to be driven extremely carefully to work well. (A "driver's car", I'll call it.)

I had high hopes that the 2.0 would make the truck easier to drive and more consistent and I'm pleased that TLR delivered there. I raced my 22T yesterday in it's maiden voyage and not only did I get fastest lap in the class, I TQ'd and I won the main. This truck is just on point. I built rear motor and ran on a low-medium grip indoor track with AKA Chain Links all the way around and I'm confident that I had the only truck out there with forward bite and side bite nearly everywhere on the track. For anybody wondering whether the 2.0 is a big enough improvement over the original it's a resounding yes.

The steering is more aggressive while maintaining balance with the rear. The truck feels infinitely more planted than my old 22T and so much more stable. The only issue I really had with the car was a feeling of on-power push but I'd rather have that than spin out in loose corners. A little heavier on the brake and I had a very driveable setup.

Hats off to TLR - I wholeheartedly agree with their pre-release videos when they said that this is the best 2.0 vehicle to date.
68pontiac is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 12:52 PM
  #431  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
"Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
I just wanted to chime in and express how utterly impressed I am with this new truck. I had the original 22T and enjoyed it, but always felt it needed to be driven extremely carefully to work well. (A "driver's car", I'll call it.)

I had high hopes that the 2.0 would make the truck easier to drive and more consistent and I'm pleased that TLR delivered there. I raced my 22T yesterday in it's maiden voyage and not only did I get fastest lap in the class, I TQ'd and I won the main. This truck is just on point. I built rear motor and ran on a low-medium grip indoor track with AKA Chain Links all the way around and I'm confident that I had the only truck out there with forward bite and side bite nearly everywhere on the track. For anybody wondering whether the 2.0 is a big enough improvement over the original it's a resounding yes.

The steering is more aggressive while maintaining balance with the rear. The truck feels infinitely more planted than my old 22T and so much more stable. The only issue I really had with the car was a feeling of on-power push but I'd rather have that than spin out in loose corners. A little heavier on the brake and I had a very driveable setup.

Hats off to TLR - I wholeheartedly agree with their pre-release videos when they said that this is the best 2.0 vehicle to date.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm already excited now I'm beside myself. I can't wait. Should be starting the build tomorrow and really looking forward to returning to stadium truck especially with the 22t 2.0.
"Spanky is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 01:10 PM
  #432  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Mudcat981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hanford, Ca
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ProfessorX
The Dremel is your friend to be scare to use it
I had the same issue with the alum servo arm hitting the underside of the front bulkhead. I used my xacto knife and just chipped a little off and it was fine. Then I talked to Jason Snyder and he had the same issue and installed the aluminum servo mount part number TLR1550 and it was just enough to move the servo to have clearance without cutting.

BTW they are on back order.

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...lr1550/p212294
Mudcat981 is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 01:35 PM
  #433  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ProfessorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I had the same issue with the alum servo arm hitting the underside of the front bulkhead. I used my xacto knife and just chipped a little off and it was fine. Then I talked to Jason Snyder and he had the same issue and installed the aluminum servo mount part number TLR1550 and it was just enough to move the servo to have clearance without cutting.

BTW they are on back order.

http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/team-lo...lr1550/p212294
I had same issue on my 22 2.0 when I installed the exotek steering rack system I had to Dremel some of the servo horn and some of the spektrum servo to cover now there's no issue works perfectly I didn't have any issues with my 22t2.0 I'm using a hitec full size servo with stock servo mounts loving both of my TLR cars
ProfessorX is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 02:03 PM
  #434  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SoCalMX
Shorty packs. You can only run the full length sticks if built rear motor I believe!?
You can run shorty and full size in RM.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 04-13-2015, 02:04 PM
  #435  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oak Hills, SoCal
Posts: 208
Default

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but does anyone know the weight of this truck fully built?
FPMX772 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.