Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 04-08-2015, 01:31 PM
  #391  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Mudcat981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hanford, Ca
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
I'd like to add a tip or word of caution when building your 22T 2.0 kit. This kit does not include the clamping rear hexes. It has the standard push-on plastic hexes that rely on friction to hold onto the axle and cross pin. The directions have you install the hex and pin pretty early in the build process, well before you would be installing the wheels. My hexes fit loosely and during my build they slid off the axle and I lost my cross pins. Fortunately I was able to cut some new pins from an old drill bit. I would recommend you either buy the 22SCT clamping hexes or hold off on installing the hexes and pins until you are ready to put the wheels on the truck.
+1
Yep. previous experiance with the 22 2WD, I had bought the hex clamps way before the truck was released
Mudcat981 is offline  
Old 04-08-2015, 05:56 PM
  #392  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 24
Default

I got my 2.0 parts today, will be finishing my 2.0 conversion track side at this weekend's race
TitanBurns is offline  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:07 PM
  #393  
Tech Adept
 
trutledge83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by TitanBurns
I got my 2.0 parts today, will be finishing my 2.0 conversion track side at this weekend's race
I just converted my 1.0 to 2.0. the only thing I didnt change buy was the chassis. I had been collecting the parts for a while picking them up over time after all said and done it probably would have been cheaper to buy the kit lol
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck-20150408_210420.jpg   TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck-20150408_210405.jpg   TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck-20150408_210441.jpg  
trutledge83 is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 10:21 AM
  #394  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (19)
 
kyosho_utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: utah
Posts: 402
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Where can I get the mayfield setup from catcus? I tried petitrc and it wasn't showing up.
kyosho_utah is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 01:46 PM
  #395  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
"Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Has anyone had trouble with bent axles or cracked bellcranks when you thread the screw in? My kit has one slightly bent axle in the rear,and on both kits where the bellcranks screw into the block the plastic cracked when the screw was only in like half way,also my wheels are out of round and the outside almost looks like there is bubbles in my wheels.
Wow.... and I was so excited. Imagine my disappointment when I rushed to open the kit on my door step today only to find the same problems with my rims and axles and now I'm dreading building the steering with fears that my bellcrank will crack also. Not to mention when they advertise "2.0 team ready" I'm imagining a "Kinwald" edition only to find out its going to cost a couple hundred bucks between rims, mip axles, and all the aluminum upgrades that I stupidly assumed were included. To top it off almost none of the 22sct aluminum part numbers match up with the 22t 2.0 part numbers so of course they are all different. Fml. Here goes another week of anticipating a ups box full of more of my hard earned money
"Spanky is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 03:18 PM
  #396  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
68pontiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by "Spanky
I'm imagining a "Kinwald" edition only to find out its going to cost a couple hundred bucks between rims, mip axles, and all the aluminum upgrades that I stupidly assumed were included. To top it off almost none of the 22sct aluminum part numbers match up with the 22t 2.0 part numbers so of course they are all different. Fml. Here goes another week of anticipating a ups box full of more of my hard earned money
Well, to be fair, the first page of this thread, as well as nearly every product page for this item clearly states exactly what is in the kit and exactly what has been updated. Assuming you were going to get MIP axles and aluminum parts is no fault of TLR's - nowhere is it advertised that the truck includes these. Frank Root has been all over this thread talking about the corners they had to cut to keep cost reasonable. The original 22T was $279. For $20 more we are getting way more than $20 worth of upgrade parts over the original kit.

And for what it's worth, my axles, wheels and bellcranks seem fine.
68pontiac is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 03:31 PM
  #397  
Tech Initiate
 
starspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 37
Default

My axles and bellcrank are fine the wheels i dont know yet because i dont run yellow but my son does so when he gets new tires i will know, but they look ok
starspike is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM
  #398  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
"Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
Well, to be fair, the first page of this thread, as well as nearly every product page for this item clearly states exactly what is in the kit and exactly what has been updated. Assuming you were going to get MIP axles and aluminum parts is no fault of TLR's - nowhere is it advertised that the truck includes these. Frank Root has been all over this thread talking about the corners they had to cut to keep cost reasonable. The original 22T was $279. For $20 more we are getting way more than $20 worth of upgrade parts over the original kit.

And for what it's worth, my axles, wheels and bellcranks seem fine.
Gotcha, yeah all true, it was just good to vent about the wheels and axles being brand new and in poor condition. All good though, 200 more bucks of hop ups are.on the way!
"Spanky is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM
  #399  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ProfessorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Has anyone had trouble with bent axles or cracked bellcranks when you thread the screw in? My kit has one slightly bent axle in the rear,and on both kits where the bellcranks screw into the block the plastic cracked when the screw was only in like half way,also my wheels are out of round and the outside almost looks like there is bubbles in my wheels.
Yes me !!!! one of my axle is bent too
ProfessorX is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:39 PM
  #400  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (10)
 
68pontiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 209
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by "Spanky
All good though, 200 more bucks of hop ups are.on the way!
Whoa, that seems excessive. I can't imagine what else the truck really needs aside from maybe an aluminum rear camber block. The threaded battery hold down is also a nice addition. But, hey, different strokes and all...
68pontiac is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 04:51 PM
  #401  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (18)
 
ProfessorX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

The truck is good with box set up the only thing I did was I added the rocket RC parts 6 pack brass weight system and 35/30 shock oil Daniel black from OCRC said truck looks dialed but m getting the aluminum front camber and servo mounts and mm camber block those are also some good add ons
ProfessorX is offline  
Old 04-09-2015, 05:33 PM
  #402  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
"Spanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
Whoa, that seems excessive. I can't imagine what else the truck really needs aside from maybe an aluminum rear camber block. The threaded battery hold down is also a nice addition. But, hey, different strokes and all...
It's definitely a disease if mine. Once I've had an issue with a part once I have a habit of taking things extreme. But I love the aluminum parts durability for having the truck double as a backyard basher. Besides ordering all the aluminum 22 tools last time around for the sct, I am going all out on the 22t 2.0, aluminum camber blocks, hubs, kickplate, wheel hexes, servo horn, idler gear, servo mounts, carbon fiber battery brace with thumb screws, precision tire balancer, 3 different rim and tire packages, more 2s packs, aluminum spacers, Tony screws kit, 3 bodies one of them custom painted by eclipse rc, all different hds spurs and all losi aluminum pinions, orion and Spektrum electronics, mylaps transponder, glitch buster, new pitbox, paint, oils, springs, the list goes on and on.... yes I know... disease. Just another way of expressing my freedom as a working man and regretting selling all my old stuff cause of my ex!
"Spanky is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 12:20 AM
  #403  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 714
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Ran my 22T 1.0 converted to 2.0 except the longer rear shock bodies for the first time today. Truck was freaking awesome. I race at Club RC in Houston and the track has insane traction as in slicks but no sauce needed.

The truck drove so nice im not sure if i need the longer rear shock bodies.

I would post up my set up but I run a vented shock set up and with out the 1.0 shock caps it almost impossible to replicate.
Beaker151 is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 06:34 AM
  #404  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (12)
 
alex4r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Are most of you guys using saddles or shorty with this truck? I was planning on using a shorty but have been told by a couple friends saddles are the way to go.
alex4r is offline  
Old 04-10-2015, 08:40 AM
  #405  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,557
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by "Spanky
Gotcha, yeah all true, it was just good to vent about the wheels and axles being brand new and in poor condition. All good though, 200 more bucks of hop ups are.on the way!
We will fix the issues and if you contact customer service, they will take care of you. In all fairness, a little outward bubble n the wheel doesnt affect performance at all, yes, it should not be there and we will fix them, and its a bummer, but they work ok. As for the axle, one of mine was bent too, and I am running it and it works great. The axles are different from the 1.0 so MIP doesnt make these yet for what its worth.

As for hop ups, I have to admit, I used alum washers and the alum servo mounts. I think that might be $40. And even those arent needed at all.

Originally Posted by ProfessorX
Yes me !!!! one of my axle is bent too
Call customer service, they will send you out a whole new pack of 2 of them.
hacker07 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.