Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 01-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The price is good, the stock body (my opinion) could use some work though.

The market need more stadium trucks like this.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Hopefully we can get a comparison of whats exactly different between the 1.0 and the 2.0.

From the description there doesn't seem to be a whole lot.
TLR just posted some videos on youtube detailing the truck and what's new on it.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
I'm glad to see another ST on the market...Now if we can just figure out a way to get rid of all of the SCT's

hah
Invent a time machine and go back in time and kill the guy at traxxas who first thought up and proposed the idea for the slash. Lol

No, but I agree 100%. Wish SCT would go away for good.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Also posted in 1.0 thread...

In looking at descriptions and (very limited) parts list on the Horizon site it looks like there are only a few new 22T 2.0 specific parts:
Spindles (to work with bell cranks and 2.0 buggy castor blocks) TLR234044
Rear arms TLR234042
Driveshafts and axles TLR232031 (bones only are TLR232032)
Chassis (lighter and has screw to hold MM block) TLR231033
New bodies - no PN listed yet for RM or MM

The other parts all appear to be from 2.0 SCT (front and rear (longer) shocks, rear hexes (stock 1.0), ESC mount, battery mount, bell crank kit) or 2.0 buggy (castor blocks and rear hubs). Of course there are also the upgrades to HD ballcups and turnbuckles, king pins, hinge pins and diff parts.

Some descrepancies in the initial info between TLR site and Horizon: Shock pistons - TLR shows 1.5 and 1.6 and Horizon shows 1.6 and 1.7 (Frank's video confirmed 1.5 1.6R). Both sites indicate the kit comes with alum washers and alum rear camber block but none of the pictures show that. It would also be nice if the kit comes with alum rear hexes as the 2.0 SCT kit does.

Last edited by E-Mann; 01-22-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Someone just posted this on the 1.0 Truck thread:

Originally Posted by E-Mann
In looking at descriptions and (very limited) parts list on the Horizon site it looks like there are only a few new 22T 2.0 specific parts:
Spindles (to work with bell cranks and 2.0 buggy castor blocks) TLR234044
Rear arms TLR234042
Driveshafts and axles TLR232031 (bones only are TLR232032)
Chassis (lighter and has screw to hold MM block) TLR231033
New bodies - no PN listed yet for RM or MM

The other parts all appear to be from 2.0 SCT (front and rear (longer) shocks, +75mm rear hexes, ESC mount, battery mount, bell crank kit) or 2.0 buggy (castor blocks and rear hubs). Of course there are also the upgrades to HD ballcups and turnbuckles, king pins, hinge pins and diff parts.

Some descrepancies in the initial info between TLR site and Horizon: Shock pistons - TLR shows 1.5 and 1.6 and Horizon shows 1.6 and 1.7. Both sites indicate the kit comes with alum washers and alum rear camber block but none of the pictures show that. It would also be nice if the kit comes with alum rear hexes as the 2.0 SCT kit does.

Overall looks good!! Fine job TLR! Glad to see you include both RM and MM in the kit for $299 (Horizon listed price).
Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know its early, but I'm wondering what , if any parts are shared with the 22 2.0 buggy? I'd like to run a second class and always like the stadium trucks. I have a whack of spares for my buggy and it would be great if I didn't have to go buy a whole complete batch of spares.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
almost the end of the indoor race season
I'm LOL about this indoor season and that ST's are only for indoor? Back in the day (1990-ish) the only trucks were ST and almost tracks were outdoor! I know the East Coast has their seasons, but these trucks were built and designed when 90% of the tracks were outdoor.

That being said I LOVE the ST class compared to any other class. Unfortunately I don't see them anywhere around here (California Valley, Bakersfield, Fresno, etc). I just came back to RC racing and wanted to buy a ST but no one was racing them. I went 2WD buggy for now and the SCT though temping has not won me over. Even when the more experianced drivers are running it still looks like a bunch of "crash and bash" class.

I have been to Rainman's a few times and have only seen 2 ST's and they run with the 4x4 SCT Mods only :-(

If the ST makes a come back this TLR ST 2.0 will be my next pruchase!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I'm LOL about this indoor season and that ST's are only for indoor? Back in the day (1990-ish) the only trucks were ST and almost tracks were outdoor! I know the East Coast has their seasons, but these trucks were built and designed when 90% of the tracks were outdoor.

That being said I LOVE the ST class compared to any other class. Unfortunately I don't see them anywhere around here (California Valley, Bakersfield, Fresno, etc). I just came back to RC racing and wanted to buy a ST but no one was racing them. I went 2WD buggy for now and the SCT though temping has not won me over. Even when the more experianced drivers are running it still looks like a bunch of "crash and bash" class.

I have been to Rainman's a few times and have only seen 2 ST's and they run with the 4x4 SCT Mods only :-(

Move to SoCal lol...
Old 01-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Move to SoCal lol...
RIGHT!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mudcat981

On the East coast outdoor tracks yes there is no outdoor track that a ST or any 2wd Buggy can really run on with the surface. With 1/8 scale and 1/10 SC 4wd running on it not to mention its becomes low traction when its hot .

There is no 1/10 outdoor track accept one in NJ that's been running for years but the other tracks no. I did run 1/10 Mod truck at that NJ outdoor track years ago that was a smooth track that was a clay mixed.

So yea 2wd mostly really only ran indoors .
Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There were 6 st's at rainmans last night and the owner is running free entries for the class to help bring it back.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tc5 man
On the East coast outdoor tracks yes there is no outdoor track that a ST or any 2wd Buggy can really run on with the surface. With 1/8 scale and 1/10 SC 4wd running on it not to mention its becomes low traction when its hot .

There is no 1/10 outdoor track accept one in NJ that's been running for years but the other tracks no. I did run 1/10 Mod truck at that NJ outdoor track years ago that was a smooth track that was a clay mixed.

So yea 2wd mostly really only ran indoors .
RCHR in CT has a dedicated 1/10 scale outdoor track for the summer months and a dedicated 1/10 indoor track for winter months.

http://www.rchr.biz
Old 01-22-2015, 10:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by xyzracer
There were 6 st's at rainmans last night and the owner is running free entries for the class to help bring it back.
I like that idea, I'm going to suggest that to the owner of the track where I race.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by elikeatts
Invent a time machine and go back in time and kill the guy at traxxas who first thought up and proposed the idea for the slash. Lol

No, but I agree 100%. Wish SCT would go away for good.
Then I'd have to bring back out of retirement my orignal Tmaxx..... long before SCT's then it would start the craze of well modded MT's; That turned out to be the Truggy class.

Wheel of time is still going around.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xyzracer
That's great! I will check it out next time I'm there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.