Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 03-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvngen
The way I understand it is they're being shipped today or tomorrow to the LHS. Going to take a week or two get to the stores and then the shops will start shipping the pre-orders.
My local hobby shop said they will come in this Monday I'm excited I had a 22t 1.0 that I had new and never got to run it so this is a must for me !!
Old 03-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ProfessorX
My local hobby shop said they will come in this Monday I'm excited I had a 22t 1.0 that I had new and never got to run it so this is a must for me !!
Sounds about right..Amain's eta now is April 5th.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beaker151
I race at Club R/C in Houston. The track can have insane grip and no where on the track can you drop the hammer on the throttle. Its tight and technical so for me 100C could work if I tune my electronics and went with a lower turn motor.
Punch control is your friend.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'm going to try the bellcranks & brass arm mount on my 1.0 first...then probably order a new 2.0 kit later and give my son the 1.0 for his first r/c.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by marvngen
The way I understand it is they're being shipped today or tomorrow to the LHS. Going to take a week or two get to the stores and then the shops will start shipping the pre-orders.
I ordered mine from Horizon, I thought that was a direct buy, no?
Old 03-29-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Looking through the downloaded instructions I have the option of a shorty lipo or standard.
Is the shorty for the mid motor high bight track setup? The track I am going to be running at is sandy loamy, fast and open. Getting ready to order lipos but not sure which ones...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Naxn
I ordered mine from Horizon, I thought that was a direct buy, no?
If Horizon made them in house yes, but they don't.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sandfreak
Looking through the downloaded instructions I have the option of a shorty lipo or standard.
Is the shorty for the mid motor high bight track setup? The track I am going to be running at is sandy loamy, fast and open. Getting ready to order lipos but not sure which ones...
When running the mid-motor setup you'll need to run a shorty pack or saddle packs. If you're running rear motor there's room to run a full-size pack. I've always run rear motor and prefer the added weight of the full-size pack in both my 22T and 22SCT. (However I run a shorty in my 22 buggy.) With a modified motor it helps to "tame" the truck a bit in my opinion. If you are going to run stock or super-stock you may want to consider a shorty pack to lighten the truck up. It's up to you, ultimately. A shorty will be more versatile and lighter. A full-size pack will be heavier and potentially offer more weight-tuning options.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
When running the mid-motor setup you'll need to run a shorty pack or saddle packs. If you're running rear motor there's room to run a full-size pack. I've always run rear motor and prefer the added weight of the full-size pack in both my 22T and 22SCT. (However I run a shorty in my 22 buggy.) With a modified motor it helps to "tame" the truck a bit in my opinion. If you are going to run stock or super-stock you may want to consider a shorty pack to lighten the truck up. It's up to you, ultimately. A shorty will be more versatile and lighter. A full-size pack will be heavier and potentially offer more weight-tuning options.
I'm super excited, pre ordering my 22t 2.0 as soon as I get home today. Haven't had a stadium truck since the XXXTMF2. I've been driving the 22sct but I really feel like it doesn't have the agility and quickness my ST had so I can't wait to go back. In regards to the mid motor, is it a major change in driving style being that technically the dimensions of the wheels and geometry of the Suspension stays the same? It seems like it's more of balance and weight dynamics but I'm so used to rear motor since I've been driving it since my RC10T back in the day. I'm afraid to do all that work and buy saddle packs and then wind up changing to rear motor. The track is indoor, tight and pretty decent traction clay, what would mid.motor do dramatically if anything at all. Please all feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by "Spanky
I'm super excited, pre ordering my 22t 2.0 as soon as I get home today. Haven't had a stadium truck since the XXXTMF2. I've been driving the 22sct but I really feel like it doesn't have the agility and quickness my ST had so I can't wait to go back. In regards to the mid motor, is it a major change in driving style being that technically the dimensions of the wheels and geometry of the Suspension stays the same? It seems like it's more of balance and weight dynamics but I'm so used to rear motor since I've been driving it since my RC10T back in the day. I'm afraid to do all that work and buy saddle packs and then wind up changing to rear motor. The track is indoor, tight and pretty decent traction clay, what would mid.motor do dramatically if anything at all. Please all feedback is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Did you ever race gas truck back in the day? That's kinda what driving a mid-motor stadium truck feels like. It's a different feeling for sure and it requires a different driving style. Really, what it all comes down to is personal preference. There's no rule that says you need to run mid-motor on high-bite and rear-motor on low-bite. If you feel more comfortable sticking with rear motor go ahead and do it. The nice thing about the 22 lineup is that you can go back and forth between the two setups without buying any additional parts (except maybe a shorter battery). And keep in mind that you can also run a shorty in rear motor, too. You'll just need some additional foam spacers to keep the battery where you want. I think a lot of guys still run shorties in rear motor mod, I don't just because I like the extra weight.

What it really comes down to is run what feels best. Why not try both and decide for yourself?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ships Tomorrow 31 March

Just got word from Horizon that my truck will ship tomorrow, 31 March!!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 68pontiac
Will be running a 10.5 to start out. So on a open loamy sandy track where would you start at.
Mid motor shorty, rear motor shorty or rear motor standard lipo? Being I haven't raced rc in at least 8+ years I am hoping for a easy to handle ST at least until I get the hang of it again.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sandfreak
Will be running a 10.5 to start out. So on a open loamy sandy track where would you start at.
Mid motor shorty, rear motor shorty or rear motor standard lipo? Being I haven't raced rc in at least 8+ years I am hoping for a easy to handle ST at least until I get the hang of it again.
That's a bit of a loaded question because setup is all a matter of personal preference. But I can tell you what I prefer and where I'd start.

I'd run rear motor with a full-size pack. If the track is loose and loamy you'll want as much rear bite as you can get. You want the weight of the truck to dig into the soft dirt. The added weight of a full-size battery and having the motor closer to the rear axle will help with this.

However, I might recommend that you pick up a shorty pack when you can afford it. It will offer additional tuning by allowing you to both (a) alter the weight of and the weight distribution of the truck and (b) allow you to experiment with a mid-motor setup.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question. Does going to MM give you a truck with more steering and less push in the corners or do you have more steering with a RM truck? I am a person that likes a truck with more steering and less push. I like to drive around corners more then power around them! What do yall think?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
Just got word from Horizon that my truck will ship tomorrow, 31 March!!!!
Horizon's website says it's in stock! Ordered via 2day shipping! Thanks for the heads up Mudcat!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.