Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 02-12-2015, 06:55 PM
  #196  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mudcat981
I am so ready for this truck to arrive. Already got my electronics, batteries, motors, tires, extra parts waiting. Just need th truck!
I feel your pain....
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 06:16 AM
  #197  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 89
Default

Very short video of J.P. Richards wheeling the 22T 2.0 at the JConcepts INS.

I can't post links. Just search "JP Richards Truck Seed" on YouTube
_danimal_ is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:47 AM
  #198  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by _danimal_
Very short video of J.P. Richards wheeling the 22T 2.0 at the JConcepts INS.

I can't post links. Just search "JP Richards Truck Seed" on YouTube
Looks smooth without so much steering twitch.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM
  #199  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by _danimal_
Very short video of J.P. Richards wheeling the 22T 2.0 at the JConcepts INS.

I can't post links. Just search "JP Richards Truck Seed" on YouTube
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Looks smooth without so much steering twitch.
And that was before the tires were broken in...
Frank Root is offline  
Old 02-13-2015, 05:41 PM
  #200  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
JR V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NH
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Would love to see 1/10th truck make a comeback! I would bring out my old XXX-T MF's to race once again. Too bad all my tires for them are more low traction tires like step pins and bow ties.
JR V is offline  
Old 02-15-2015, 05:05 PM
  #201  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by JR V
Would love to see 1/10th truck make a comeback!
It depends on the area. Some tracks haven't seen a drop in entries at all. I hope the class gets a boost with these two upcoming releases (22T 2.0 and T5M), at my local track. If not, I'll just be racing with the SC's!
_danimal_ is offline  
Old 02-15-2015, 08:49 PM
  #202  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Knew it. Jconcepts already has a body for the truck. jR was running it.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 AM
  #203  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
markt311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 1,392
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Knew it. Jconcepts already has a body for the truck. jR was running it.
On Facebook JR said it was a Kyosho body and had to mod the front body mount slightly. He also mentioned Jconcepts is working on a 2.0 body.
markt311 is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 12:20 AM
  #204  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 89
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Knew it. Jconcepts already has a body for the truck. jR was running it.
Hmm... That looks like the kit body. Jconcepts has a 22T body but in RM.
_danimal_ is offline  
Old 02-17-2015, 06:38 PM
  #205  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by _danimal_
Hmm... That looks like the kit body. Jconcepts has a 22T body but in RM.
He hinted in the video that there is a JC body on the way, but he's running the kit body.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 02-18-2015, 07:32 PM
  #206  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 724
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Stadium trucks are popular at my track. I have a TLR 22sct 2.0, but I've never driven a stadium truck. I love to drive 2wd! Ever since I got my 22, my 4x4 SCT is sitting on a shelf collecting dust. How is driving a stadium truck different from a 2wd SCT? I'm considering giving up 4x4 SCT for stadium truck.
MaX-D is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 09:47 AM
  #207  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MaX-D
Stadium trucks are popular at my track. I have a TLR 22sct 2.0, but I've never driven a stadium truck. I love to drive 2wd! Ever since I got my 22, my 4x4 SCT is sitting on a shelf collecting dust. How is driving a stadium truck different from a 2wd SCT? I'm considering giving up 4x4 SCT for stadium truck.
Stadium trucks are a lot more stable and have more grip overall (wider tires and less body roll from the heavy body).
Frank Root is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:04 PM
  #208  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
Mudcat981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Hanford, Ca
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Stadium trucks are a lot more stable and have more grip overall (wider tires and less body roll from the heavy body).
ST is the cadillac of RC racing, handle better, more forgiving, fast, and just plain fun!
Mudcat981 is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 12:21 PM
  #209  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 497
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Frank I see the pictures from your 2.0 setup on Petit.com but the setup sheet at the top doesnt show up (tried a few different browsers). Maybe you can post it on the TLR website?

Would love to see your setup sheet!
E-Mann is offline  
Old 02-19-2015, 04:47 PM
  #210  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by E-Mann
Frank I see the pictures from your 2.0 setup on Petit.com but the setup sheet at the top doesnt show up (tried a few different browsers). Maybe you can post it on the TLR website?

Would love to see your setup sheet!
My setup is the kit setup, with the TLR Brass Rear Pivot (TLR334018) and 27.5 wt in the rear (kit is 30wt.). Working to get the kit setup posted, but it is tied up in the marketing channel ATM.
Frank Root is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.