Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 10-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

on an impulse, I decided to pull the trigger on an EXO22T and it just arrived in the mail last night, I was lucky to get the last one in stock, but not sure if they're gonna discontinue it or not?

Anyway, I'm digging the included 3 gear transmission, appears to be the same one from the 3.0 2WD car, I think?

Looking forward to running a transverse shorty layout and hopefully not have to add any extra weight to the chassis for an indoor med-to-high traction track.

A handful of folks in my area are talking about resurrecting the ST class for the upcoming ROAR Region 9 race coming up next month... fingers crossed I can get this car to handle like my 22-3.0 buggy!

I'm gonna start with Frank's OCRC setup, which ironically is what Exotek has mostly already configured out of the box
Old 10-18-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
on an impulse, I decided to pull the trigger on an EXO22T and it just arrived in the mail last night, I was lucky to get the last one in stock, but not sure if they're gonna discontinue it or not?

Anyway, I'm digging the included 3 gear transmission, appears to be the same one from the 3.0 2WD car, I think?

Looking forward to running a transverse shorty layout and hopefully not have to add any extra weight to the chassis for an indoor med-to-high traction track.

A handful of folks in my area are talking about resurrecting the ST class for the upcoming ROAR Region 9 race coming up next month... fingers crossed I can get this car to handle like my 22-3.0 buggy!

I'm gonna start with Frank's OCRC setup, which ironically is what Exotek has mostly already configured out of the box
I think you essentially bought their display model. They may have only had 1 or 2 of those... and I would have bought it two weeks ago if I realized it was for sale on their site! You can still buy their chassis for the 22T, but you need an existing TLR 22T to complete the build.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

I'm still sticking with Losi Trucks and Associated buggies.
If offroad makes a comeback here next year the Stadium Truck class I definitely want back.
I honestly prefer stadium trucks and 2wd buggies over a Short Course anyday!
Old 10-18-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Callaway
I think you essentially bought their display model. They may have only had 1 or 2 of those... and I would have bought it two weeks ago if I realized it was for sale on their site! You can still buy their chassis for the 22T, but you need an existing TLR 22T to complete the build.
Ah, I see how it says "Display Roller" in the ad now, I feel really lucky. I had first bought a used 22T-2.0 roller from another guy, then was planning to buy the Exotek chassis and stumbled across the "Display Roller" and decided to buy that as well. Bonus is that the used roller I bought needs some TLC and I can swap out the left over parts from the "Display Roller" to get the used roller in really nice shape before I flip it later.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
I whole heartdly disagree with the statement that SC trucks are more durable then ST. Especially when it comes to Diffs, SC is heavy, and puts way to much strain on a ball diff, I have rebuilt my SCT's ball diff twice as many times as I have my 22T's diffs, and parts wear out faster.
I think we were more focused on the fact this it would be a young driver and potentially giving the car a beating not landing on all fours. Im sure you are correct about the diff
Old 10-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
What setup are you using that makes your truck unresponsive, I have mine setup to where it is just as responsive, if not more then my 22 3.0 laydown car. Very little changes from stock other then the specific truck springs TLR has released.
Im running a Ryan Maifield setup with the kyosho springs. I like how it drives, have no complaints just saying my laydown feels smoother and more fun personally
Old 10-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's a sweet deal!
Old 10-18-2016, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

so according to this product page, the 2.0 is officially discontinued:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...kit-p-tlr03004

My guess is that it discontinued around the same time the 22-3.0 buggy was released?

Has anyone heard if there will be a 22T-3.0 released or is the ST class officially dead?
Old 10-18-2016, 06:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

My guess is that it discontinued around the same time the 22-3.0 buggy was released?

Has anyone heard if there will be a 22T-3.0 released or is the ST class officially dead?
Actually it was just recently discontinued, the last week or so.
I would assume a new truck is on the way, when? Who knows.
Maybe Frank does but we all know mums the word till an announcement.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:49 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We are not done making stadium trucks...
Old 10-19-2016, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

That's very comforting to hear Frank, I was getting a little nervous after buying the EXO22T... I guess all I really need to add are the upgraded suspension arm holders with the pill inserts and then I can call it a 3.0, or am I missing any other updates that Exotek might have missed? For example, will there be gull-wing arms with the 22T-3.0 release?

One thing that I really like about the Exotek chassis is that they split the front kick-up so you don't need a ball wrench to install the servo:

*** After I took this pic, I learned that I need to add 1.5mm of spacers between the servo mount and the servo tab, that was the max allowed shim I could place and still get the EXO kick-up holes to line up (without washers on the bottom screws). With that setup I got perfect clearance with the servo horn under the bulkhead without any binding. Of course, this is probably a variable depending on the brand of servo used I suppose.

Last edited by billdelong; 10-19-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Frank Root
We are not done making stadium trucks...
The first peep I've heard! Hopefully I can get one before our new stadium truck points series starts in December...
Old 10-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3.0?

Looking to join the stadium truck class again since it looks to be picking back up.... so, will there be a 3.0 any time soon? Just get the 2.0 for now? Braaap!
Old 10-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Goodgame
Looking to join the stadium truck class again since it looks to be picking back up.... so, will there be a 3.0 any time soon? Just get the 2.0 for now? Braaap!
I would wait for 3.0
Old 10-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommynash
I would wait for 3.0
Have you heard any release date or season?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.