Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck >

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

TLR 22T 2.0 Stadium Truck

Old 01-28-2015, 10:29 AM
  #136  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Looks like we'll have JP Richards running a 22T 2.0 at the JConcepts Winter Nationals at SMAC Track next weekend. Be sure to check it out and root him on!
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:47 AM
  #137  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Looks like we'll have JP Richards running a 22T 2.0 at the JConcepts Winter Nationals at SMAC Track next weekend. Be sure to check it out and root him on!
Sweet!! I ran my 1.0 with the longer shocks last night and really liked what it did, was very forgiving where before it would roll over before.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 11:09 AM
  #138  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, Washington
Posts: 4,595
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by shoman24v
I'd much rather buy the Team Losi since it has out of the box capabilities for rear and mid motor config. I'd imagine the T5 would need extra parts that aren't available yet.
And hearing reports that the out of the box setup changes that come with the truck are dialed.

Last edited by jpcopeland1; 01-28-2015 at 12:32 PM.
jpcopeland1 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 11:15 AM
  #139  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
And hearing reports that the out of the box setup changes that come with the truck are dialed. Already a leg up on the AE that will not have a good out of the box setup. Just like Centro B4.2, B5, B5M. Sorry, but AE is hurting right now.
Kit setup is really good, and was finalized at OCRC... so I know it will be good for you
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 11:28 AM
  #140  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
elikeatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Go JP! He was at the midwinter last year when I was there at CRCRC and he was making his TLR's fly!
elikeatts is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:10 PM
  #141  
Tech Fanatic
 
Schs2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 865
Default

There is no st class at my local track so ill be going against 2wd sct's what motor would you guys recommend kv wise? I have a traxxas 3500kv motor i can reuse from my xxx-t.
And gearing. I have never raced at off-road before. Going to give it a try this year.
Schs2013 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:23 PM
  #142  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 464
Default

Frank (or anyone who knows),
If I wanted to buy aluminum wheel hexes for the 2.0 would I use TLR2941 for the front and TLR2933 for the rear? Thanks!
StadiumRC is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:24 PM
  #143  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
elikeatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Schs2013
There is no st class at my local track so ill be going against 2wd sct's what motor would you guys recommend kv wise? I have a traxxas 3500kv motor i can reuse from my xxx-t.
And gearing. I have never raced at off-road before. Going to give it a try this year.
Are you racing stock or modified? The speed passion motors are good and aren't too expensive. Also look at viper. If your just starting off in modified, I wouldn't go lower than a 10.5 to start. Probably a 13.5 would be best, especially if the track is tight. SMC has good motors out now too that are very high quality and low cost, so you could check them out too.
elikeatts is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 08:44 PM
  #144  
Tech Fanatic
 
Schs2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton, AB Canada
Posts: 865
Default

Originally Posted by elikeatts
Are you racing stock or modified? The speed passion motors are good and aren't too expensive. Also look at viper. If your just starting off in modified, I wouldn't go lower than a 10.5 to start. Probably a 13.5 would be best, especially if the track is tight. SMC has good motors out now too that are very high quality and low cost, so you could check them out too.
2s only requirement. So i guess modified at this point.
Was thinking of a 10.5 like you said.
Schs2013 is offline  
Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 PM
  #145  
Tech Adept
 
trutledge83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Kit setup is really good, and was finalized at OCRC... so I know it will be good for you
Frank! Please give us the kit set up!
trutledge83 is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 AM
  #146  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
Frank (or anyone who knows),
If I wanted to buy aluminum wheel hexes for the 2.0 would I use TLR2941 for the front and TLR2933 for the rear? Thanks!
Front - TLR2941
Rear - TLR2933, TLR2934 (+.75mm), TLR2935 (+1.5mm)

Originally Posted by trutledge83
Frank! Please give us the kit set up!
It'll be up next week, or the week after. Still working to create the setup sheet...lol.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 PM
  #147  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Anything wrong with the 22T 1.0 titanium turnbuckles? I picked up a couple packages for about $5 a piece and want to use them with HD ball cups.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:57 PM
  #148  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (124)
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,050
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JourneyMan
Anything wrong with the 22T 1.0 titanium turnbuckles? I picked up a couple packages for about $5 a piece and want to use them with HD ball cups.
they are smaller in dia. So wont work with hd ball ends or as reads......

"Turnbuckles are 3.5mm in diameter at the threads, which is thicker than the 3mm diameter of the stock turnbuckles for added durability"
vr6cj is offline  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
  #149  
Tech Adept
 
trutledge83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 211
Default

Would I be guessing correct with 30wt all the way around with the 1.5 and 1.6 pistons? With the kit set up.
trutledge83 is offline  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:32 AM
  #150  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vr6cj
they are smaller in dia. So wont work with hd ball ends or as reads......

"Turnbuckles are 3.5mm in diameter at the threads, which is thicker than the 3mm diameter of the stock turnbuckles for added durability"
That's what I thought... they appeared to be thinner, but I don't have a caliper to check. Is there anything special about the HD cups -- are they a better fit on the ball studs to keep from popping off? Or are they just to support the 3.5mm turnbuckles? I have never broken a 1.0 turnbuckle on ANY of my 22 vehicles. However I have had an issue with the steering links on the 22T and 22SCT popping off. That has since been resolved.
JourneyMan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.