R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   new losi 4wd buggy????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/85739-new-losi-4wd-buggy.html)

b-man777 09-30-2005 08:21 AM

new losi 4wd buggy?????

hi all at the 2005 ifmar offroad electric worlds some team losi drivers were using a prototype 4wd buggy based on the jrxs platform and i want to know a few things about it.first how do team losi drivers like it and second will the jrxs platform be used on it?thanks :cool:

Scottmisfits 09-30-2005 08:49 AM

It will probably never be released, based solely on the diffs. There is nothing to protect them and they would get broken alot. As well as having a thin lexan cover for them, they'd probably allow alot of dirt in so alot more maintainence would be required.

Aaron Waldron 09-30-2005 11:19 AM

They only had a few runs on the cars before heading to Italy..but everyone who drove it agreed it was pretty good.

There are no plans to produce the car for public consumption..it was just a sort of design exercise.

1 Xtreme R/C 10-15-2005 04:11 PM

What are the chances of Losi starting with a blank sheet of paper and designing a purpose built, off road 4wd buggy. Not just converting their latest touring car like they have been doing with the XXX-4 and the new JRXS based prototype.

I think if Losi comited to doing this it would be the most awsome thing on dirt out there. :nod:

o.s. power 10-15-2005 09:38 PM

that is why they are re-releasing the xx-4

Jack Smash 10-15-2005 09:43 PM

Why would Losi spend all that time and money for one of the smallest markets in R/C?

o.s. power 10-16-2005 12:46 PM

obviously you didn't read anything on the worlds. 1/10 scale 4wd is one of the growing classes right now.

what were there, 3,4 different chassis in the a main. not to mention the other 3 or 4 chassis at the event itself.

losi won't spend the time or money to make a new 4wd. They need a better 2wd since they got their ass beat at the worlds and the fact that 2wd is the most popular and competitive class right now.

Losi boy 10-16-2005 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are some of the pics of the buggy

Jack Smash 10-16-2005 01:27 PM

There being more competitive chassis' out now than there has ever been means absolutely nothing in regards to the size of the market.

JConcepts has sold what, about 1200 kits since its been available? Why would Losi spend the money to come out with something new in a small, overly saturated market when they have something competitive out? The market for a competive 4wd Offroad buggy is tiny compared to any of the RTR aspects in this hobby.

coldeye 10-16-2005 03:26 PM

2 x 4

Ugly car, Looks like a 2 x 4 with wheels and a wing.

tony montana 10-16-2005 04:15 PM

Thats because the bj4 is almost 450.00 a kit. The new yoke or kyosho will be way to go going for about 300.00 a kit

Cain 10-17-2005 10:11 AM

Honestly, if we see significant growth in the 4wd class next year, I can see losi looking into a new 4wd vehicle.

T. Thomas 10-17-2005 03:19 PM

I can't see too big of a significant growth if the 4wd offroad vehicles prices do like the touring car prices do, and that is climb because an 1/8 is way more durable and will not cost much more to get into than a 4wd electric buggy.

BlazinB4 10-17-2005 03:33 PM

somebody said earlier that it wouldnt be wise for losi to design a new 4wd car becasue its one of the smallest markets. look at 1/18th scale, they just released the mini lst... to me that was POINTLESS. all the people that want(ed) a micro monster already bought 18MTs from AE. if theres a class losi needs to work on, its 4wd. theyve already found out what they need to do to the BK2 (basically make it a BK1). so now, the bk2 is a competitive car. the MF2 is a solid truck, with exeption of the tranny. I SERIOUSLY think losi needs to look into desigining a NEW 4wd car, and not reverting to an older car to solve all the problems.

my .02.

dakrat 10-17-2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Losi boy
These are some of the pics of the buggy

that look dumb ass hell :nod: . the short arms might work well in onroad but definately not offroad. good find though