Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stock SCT Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Stock SCT Racing

I currently run a 2wd SCT modified class but the upcoming SuperCup race has classes for modified and stock short course and I know I have not the slightest chance at competing in the modified class with all of the pro drivers that compete in it. So I'm looking to compete in the stock class instead. My question is what would be the best motor to get for stock racing. I've always been a fan and a supporter of Tekin and their products but as technology advances some of these companies fall behind on the technology. From what I've heard the best electric motor companies are Trinity, Tekin, and Team Orion. Can anyone clear up which company provides the best motor for the stock class?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ggthedouble
I currently run a 2wd SCT modified class but the upcoming SuperCup race has classes for modified and stock short course and I know I have not the slightest chance at competing in the modified class with all of the pro drivers that compete in it. So I'm looking to compete in the stock class instead. My question is what would be the best motor to get for stock racing. I've always been a fan and a supporter of Tekin and their products but as technology advances some of these companies fall behind on the technology. From what I've heard the best electric motor companies are Trinity, Tekin, and Team Orion. Can anyone clear up which company provides the best motor for the stock class?
I've ran the killshot for a few years great motor I ran the torque version
Stock class is all about keeping truck light as you can and still be legal weight
So if you have a bunch of aluminum upgrades may want to change back to stock stuff
Old 01-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fantom tweaks Trinity motors, and does a great job of providing the best stock motors out there.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
Fantom tweaks Trinity motors, and does a great job of providing the best stock motors out there.
+1, but they can get a bit $$$. Still great motors!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
+1
Old 01-08-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.fantomracing.com/proddeta...prod=FAN27847T
Old 01-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I went with the trinity certified 17.5.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All motors mentioned are great but for sure these are best. Legal and tons of low end tq so gear high. Runs cool as well.

http://www.express-motorsports.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_33&products_id=156
Old 01-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I run the schuur speed. Plenty of power
Old 01-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have run stock for a couple of years and I have always had really good luck with the novak Ballistic and Vulcan motors. Currently that's what in my 22sct and 22 2.0. But stated above are great motors as well.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I currently run a 2wd SCT modified class but the upcoming SuperCup race has classes for modified and stock short course and I know I have not the slightest chance at competing in the modified class with all of the pro drivers that compete in it. So I'm looking to compete in the stock class instead.
At my track, running stock doesn't mean lesser driver. There's nothing wrong with not making the A Main.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

To be honest, you might not have a "chance at competing" in the stock class either. Stock class racing has become just as competitive at major races as mod. I'm just saying you need to keep your expectations realistic We don't know you, so you might win the whole thing or be in the Z main. Either way have FUN, after all that's why we do this right?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you didn't have to be ROAR legal I'd say run a Trinity D3.5, because that's what the fast guys run in every stock class at my local track. Since you probably do need to be legal, I guess a Trinity D4?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Racer1812 is right. Stock SCT is a killer class. I feel at times its worse than stock buggy. I stopped racing it for a bit cause its very hard on motors to compete at the top level. If your not using full size packs, I would get use to it cause in 8 mins the shorty will BARELY make it.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I would also suggest saving your money and sticking with mod. You never know what results you'll get, there is a reason they run the races!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.