Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TC02 Evo Buggy Set Up Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New TC02 Evo Buggy Set Up Help

Two of my sons recently got a couple of ECX Ruckus 4x4 trucks and we made a smallish track in our back yard to accommodate them. It started out quite simple but as time has gone by it has actually gotten fairly sizable and actually pretty nice. It started out as grass and now has sections of packed dirt and some rubberized mat from the local paper mill. We have also added a number of smallish jumps and it is a blast to drive around.

I used to race RC about 20 years ago and this has re-ignited my desire to build and run a buggy. This has led me to do some research and purchase a Team C TC02 Evo buggy. For $99 and free shipping I figured it was a nice and in-expensive gateway back into the hobby. What my long winded opening is leading to is a question about finishing off my new buggy.

I would like recommendations for decently priced gear to finish my buggy off. I will not be racing at any sanctioned tracks, just it my back yard. Therefore it doesn't have to meet any spec class rules. I just want something fun and reliable for a decent price. So please toss out ideas for the following:

ESC
Motor
Radio Gear
Batteries
Good Charger
(currently using an Onyx 235 if this is good enough?)
Servo
Any Buggy specific "stuff".

Thank you very much and I apologize for the long post.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There's a whole thread dedicated to your car here.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

CTRJ-

I appreciate the response and the link. I have looked through the thread (it is long!), however most of it is related to racing specific set ups. As I stated I guess my set-up would fall under more of a basher-lite set up.

Are you suggesting I post this in the thread you linked?