Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
"Jason Snyder's Tips, Tricks, How To's, and Reviews" >

"Jason Snyder's Tips, Tricks, How To's, and Reviews"

"Jason Snyder's Tips, Tricks, How To's, and Reviews"

Old 05-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just watched your latest Video on the MBX7R-Eco and think you pretty much hit the nail on the head from all counts. I've run Mugen for 5 years now and I was curious to see your insight after just a week and a bit. You mentioned in your video the tightness in the steering, I found that if I backed the adjustment nuts on the pillow balls just a fraction, it reduces the binding and you'll have no issues with the steering. As for the springs rubbing on the shock bodies, even after 12 months of consistent racing, the anodizing is still fine and no noticeable impact on the springs. Best of luck with your campaigning of the Mugens mate. Big fan of your work mate and congrats on the E-Buggy win at Battle of the Sikest.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New Video is up: How to fix a broken transponder!

Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Just watched your latest Video on the MBX7R-Eco and think you pretty much hit the nail on the head from all counts. I've run Mugen for 5 years now and I was curious to see your insight after just a week and a bit. You mentioned in your video the tightness in the steering, I found that if I backed the adjustment nuts on the pillow balls just a fraction, it reduces the binding and you'll have no issues with the steering. As for the springs rubbing on the shock bodies, even after 12 months of consistent racing, the anodizing is still fine and no noticeable impact on the springs. Best of luck with your campaigning of the Mugens mate. Big fan of your work mate and congrats on the E-Buggy win at Battle of the Sikest.
Thanks. much appreciated.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason,

I watched your body making video and i give a view or two to your hyper dimensional channel and I was thinking, could you design and print your own mold and then use that for your own custom body? That would be a cool project!
Old 05-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Jason, would you share the transponder case model once you design it? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ebay007 View Post
Jason, would you share the transponder case model once you design it? I'd really appreciate it.
will do
Old 05-19-2015, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Snyder View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just posted a new review vid of an 1/8 ebuggy!
Outstanding Review !!! makes me want to run out and order one !
Old 05-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Jason,

I subscribed to your youtube channel. Watched all you vids. Good stuff. Keep going.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey jason love the videos. Awesome presentation and honesty. ''If I had one gripe'' 😊 it would be that im an on road guy myself and you only do off road videos. I understand you buy most of the stuff you review so its kinda harsh of me to expect you to do on road videos. But there really isnt anyone that does videos on on road RACING. There are a few channels that do a bit of on road stuff but they dont focus much on it from a racing point of view like you do. So i was wondering have you considerd doing some stuff for on road or is it just a no go zone for you.

Once again thanks for all the videos and keep them coming.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Take video requests?

How/why/when/should I assign auxiliary button functions for off road racing?

I've read a lot about me MT-4 transmitter for my B44.3 (brutally love it , but all the auxiliary levers, switches etc confuse me.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Finalist View Post
MT-4 transmitter, but all the auxiliary levers, switches etc confuse me.
+1

Jason, this would be an awesome video. How to use the features on the MT4 and what they really do. How to maybe dial down for different tracks conditions, quicker response, I don't know because I only know the basic settings and the manual confuses me.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the great videos Jason! My son and I have watched almost all of them. Your quite good at at! We would love to see a "general RC racing tutorial". Like, what does exponential setting do and how to use it. What does toe in, toe out do. Rear toe. Camber. Drag brake. Slipper. Diff setting. Just general laymen stuff that those with experience take for granted. All this info is out there, spread around, but to have a one stop shop to point a beginner in the right direction would be a big hit. Especially with you behind the wheel.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Thanks for the great videos Jason! My son and I have watched almost all of them. Your quite good at at! We would love to see a "general RC racing tutorial". Like, what does exponential setting do and how to use it. What does toe in, toe out do. Rear toe. Camber. Drag brake. Slipper. Diff setting. Just general laymen stuff that those with experience take for granted. All this info is out there, spread around, but to have a one stop shop to point a beginner in the right direction would be a big hit. Especially with you behind the wheel.
Hey if you go and search squirrelod on youtube he has setup guides explaining everything in detail.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Great videos by Jason. Very low level and some nice "into racing" movies, seems he has caught up with the Tessman family pretty good. It's a hobby and that is exactly the message Jason wants (and is), to send.

Too bad, for me, not all the "tips and tricks" are applicable. I'm from Europe and you see a "America" feeling to the movies. It's not bad at all (and pretty fun to watch), but most of our tracks over here are not of a clay surface. And the AE/Losi/JConcepts (etc) support Jason gets, by just calling (by phone), is not even close what the service of those companies is over here.

Nevertheless, fun to watch and I'm a subscriber for a while. Still enjoy it every time.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

Brendan here. I thought id take a quick minute to shoot over an idea for a video. Something there is no real data on from all the searches ive tried. Brushless Motor supremecy. Back in the brushed motor days (which i miss dearly the fun of cutting and shimming and spring/brush combos and dynoing) i used to have a case of motors all labeled with torque and rpm ratings and top speed/acceleration *when mounted in the same vehicle with the same gearing using a gtech pro (before smart phones ruled the world). How about a 17.5 spec class motor shootout or "Motor Wars" All the top name motors battling for king of the hill? Talk about a product review! If youre up for the challenge. I know the forums are exploding with back and forth bickering over who is the best. I wish i had the means still to put out the true specs and real life data on this topic and put it to rest. In my line of work, nothing speaks the truth like real life data. Thanks for the awesome videos. Keep um coming! Hahaha (that one was to see you giggle when you read this on youtube).
Old 06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 777Yoda777 View Post
Hey if you go and search squirrelod on youtube he has setup guides explaining everything in detail.
10 years worth of videos? That's a lot of crawler and basher videos to sort through. Never did find what I mentioned above.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.