kyosho electric offroad

kyosho electric offroad

Old 11-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Whats wrong w/ your T4 Sean?
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Could someone tell me what size spur comes stock in the kit , is it 76t or 78t.

Thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Addict

its 78t
Old 11-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oople
its 78t
Thanks again.

Must say your forum is great with alot of good info on the ZX5 , i will be posting on it once i get the buggy.
I think you need a bit of an Aussie flavour over there
Old 11-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

first, RCscrewz now has a screw set, its $18, and pretty nice, an option for those who like hexes, but don't see the need for titanium.

Secondly, about gearing, with the stock spur, where would you start with a 14x1

Comments about building.
You have a picture of SOME of the moulded parts which are numbered, why not all of them???? It was a bit of a pain finding some parts as i couldnt tell if they were supposed to be plastic or metal moulded.

This is a great car to put together, but like other manufacturers, a very simple gearing guide in the manual would be useful.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

For a 14 turn (depending on track size)/ you should be between 19t and 21t
Old 11-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Whoever designed that front hinge pin brace needs strangling. First jump I landed....bang. Ripped the side out the brace. luckily I had bought a spare one after reading on here this part is sh*t. Well, guess what, a slight clip of a pipe, and out pops the Brace.

I then tried to secure it putting a bolt through with a nut on top. didnt help., popped 3 times, then ripped the side out of the brace.

I do not think I have felt more dissapointed with a car EVER. I try many different cars, and for the price, and compared to other cars....well....its not good.

A weak pont is fair enough, every car has one...the BK2 tranny, the xxx4 shock towers, but they would not break within 15 seconds.

Is there ANYTHING made of stronger material that MAY fit??

I shall be calling Kyosho on Monday to see what the fix is for this.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Man I had the same thing happen to me the first time I had my car out at the track! Go read a few posts back and I had the same problem ;(

Glad to hear its not just me or my driving skills. Kyosho had better get it together or the first ZX5 in South FL will be the first one on Ebay in South FL.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Ive crashed my kyosho, ive not broken anything yet. Its cartwheeled and cliped corners etc..
Im now running an alloy front brace because of comments on here, I heard there will be some alloy braces on the market soon so perhaps you should look into getting one of these.

If something breaks on a new car when you crash it, then you need to understand that you have a new car for starters and its bound to show its weakness' early on, which will no doubt be ironed out as much as possible over time.. Thats no consolation perhaps, but you need to think of all the cars that have similar problems, xxx4 has a load of weak points, b4 had to revise the chassis and front brace.

you simply cant compare this car to others that have been around a long time.. The bj4x4 is just about bullet proof, apart from the b4 front arms, you could make the same reference to them, I have barely touched something and broken a front arm on the bj4x4, its been fixed with the new front arms/brace.

I dont think the kyosho is weak, there are weak points but i think they will get sorted, i'm happy to wait for kyosho to sort any minor problems, its a great car.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I already have the replacement parts but have yet to re build the car. I have been so busy with my other hobby of giant scale airplanes.

I was more venting then being serious. What I failed to mention is that out at the track this thing would tear up about anything else I ran against.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

I do understand that there are weak points.

But the front hinge pin, should have aluminium in the kit if it is such a weak part. If you look at their website it shows it as aluminium.

I cannot beleive any of the drivers that developed and tested this car, did not notice that this plastic part was way too weak.

I will get an aluminium one, but until they become available, i have ordered 5 front bulhead sets.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

I do understand that there are weak points.

But the front hinge pin, should have aluminium in the kit if it is such a weak part. If you look at their website it shows it as aluminium.

I cannot beleive any of the drivers that developed and tested this car, did not notice that this plastic part was way too weak.

I will get an aluminium one, but until they become available, i have ordered 5 front bulhead sets.

And FYI, the tamiya 415 suspension balls are a lot better than the stock plastic ones.

<http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebproductdetail.asp?catmainid=267&id=1648>
Old 11-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oople,
What paint did you use for the red on you ZX-5? I like how bright it looks!
Thanks,
Josh
Old 11-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

where's it show the front brace as alloy? ive just looked at the kyosho website and its plastic from what i can see.??
the car comes with a lot of nice parts, adding more would push the price up ofcourse, and if its just 1 alloy brace, you'll be able to buy that soon enough i'm sure..
the car is great value for what you get.

Josh, sorry i didnt reply to you already.. the colour i used is custom colour flourescent (neon) orange (spray can). I cant recommend custom colour paint at all, If they had it in stock i would have used Tamiya flourescent orange, goes on a lot nicer, stays on and looks a bit more vivid / bright.
flourescent colours like this dont photograph well, the colour of the tamiya stuff is closer to the photos.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

my bad, i was thinking of the car with all carbon decks, that had aluminium.

After the initial fustration of the first few days I have some observations.

Make sure you really shim the front arms on the hinge pins, any slack will increase the chance of them popping out. As I mentioned, use the tamiya ball ends, they are rounded at the end, and you can shim them right to the end of the hinge pin brace.

Take extreme care with just how tight you screw all the front screws in, use washers on the hinge pin screws to spread the force over a wider area, and increase the retaining force towards the edges.

The rear spur/pinion can be tough to mesh as its hard to see in there, and doing it by feel can misleading.

Luckily the king pins are re-used from old kyosho cars, so I picked those up no problem from ebay!

After the annoyance of it all, this car will be very, very good. It just needs the wrinkles ironed out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service