Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Mekong.

I'd have to tear-down my own car to show you the screws. However, the four screws for the one-way are the only four in that particular size in the whole kit... Simply a matter of sifting through the bags.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Help I need some spare parts speedtech is out of them when is the next order coming steve?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The screws are 2x4mm
Old 02-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by memyselfandI
Help I need some spare parts speedtech is out of them when is the next order coming steve?
Amainhobbies has many of the ZX-5 parts in stock. I just ordered a bunch of stuff two days ago from them and got it today. AWESOME service and quick shipping!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Initiate

does anybody know how i should be gearing the gtb 5.5 in this thing?
i am running a 15 tooth on the stock spur and it is fast but my motor is warming up a little also my slipper is slipping some too should i tighten it up and try it out . or should i throw a couple of teeth at it because i temped my esc and it was 90 deg f. and the motor was 150 after a 10 min run. is this ok or is the motor too warm?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I raced at Revelation tonight...two heats and a main...not a single broken part. It wasn't a strictly 4wd class...it's a 1/8th scale place, so everyone with an electric goes in the same class (one other 4wd tonight). I actually went there with the intention of racing with the gas 1/10th guys and doing a 10 minute main...and they had a full electric field for the first time in 6 months...LOL

Anyways...i had TQ from the first round and ended up #2. Took the front shocks off to check them and left off the nut...DOH!..."Hey...why is it bouncing so much?".

Anyways, got it fixed, but ended up losing a few laps right off the bat. ( at myself) I love this car.

Oh yeah...did the big-ass triple baby. Towards the end of the race, I cleared the quads on the front straight (low but VERY fast) and the big triple in the middle. I had WAY wrong tires (never raced there before), so it was really loose...still had people coming over asking "what the hell is that thing?".

You missed out Erik. LOL...you coulda won.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
I raced at Revelation tonight...two heats and a main...not a single broken part. It wasn't a strictly 4wd class...it's a 1/8th scale place, so everyone with an electric goes in the same class (one other 4wd tonight). I actually went there with the intention of racing with the gas 1/10th guys and doing a 10 minute main...and they had a full electric field for the first time in 6 months...LOL

Anyways...i had TQ from the first round and ended up #2. Took the front shocks off to check them and left off the nut...DOH!..."Hey...why is it bouncing so much?".

Anyways, got it fixed, but ended up losing a few laps right off the bat. ( at myself) I love this car.

Oh yeah...did the big-ass triple baby. Towards the end of the race, I cleared the quads on the front straight (low but VERY fast) and the big triple in the middle. I had WAY wrong tires (never raced there before), so it was really loose...still had people coming over asking "what the hell is that thing?".

You missed out Erik. LOL...you coulda won.

Maybe Joe, but it would've been a VERY long drive for me. btw, thanks for the info on the ICE screen. I'll search for that post and PM that guy...

Thanks...

ttyl
Old 02-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just got back from the Electric R/C Pro Series Round 1 Midwest. There were 4 ZX-5's in in 4wd Modified A-main. Team Losi driver Bradon Rohde TQ'ed, with my Kyosho teamate Scott Crammer qualifing second, then Dayton Miller then myself in 4th, and Young Derek Gillen qualifing in the 5th.

After an early bobble by Rohde, slowing down Crammer and Miller, I was able to take the lead and never look back. Rohde made several runs at me but was unable to put it together. After 6 minutes, I took the win, with Rohde in 2nd. I am not sure of the final finishing order, but pictures and results should be posted on R/C Pro Series website, and on Planet R/C's. So Kyosho takes an early lead in the Midwest.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ben, Congrats on the win!!!
Wish I could have made the race.

No Jesse in 4wheel?
Old 02-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Derek finished third and I finished 4th.
By the way Ben, that 4th qual and the main you laid it down!
I finally got down into the 18 range but with all the lapped traffic to work through it was really hard to make up ground.
Dayton
Old 02-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

6 minutes? Are the race organizers finally increasing the race times? I've been asking for that ever since 2000mah cells came out.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

RC Pro Series Electric,
5 minute quals
stock 7 minute mains
mod 6 minute mains
Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laterilus
...foolio,...Lastly, I changed over to the Novak GTB and 6.5 motor and will never go back to brushes again. All my cars will eventually get this treatment. I haven't pulled my motor from my car since installing it 3 weeks ago. Every time I put my car on the track, it goes just as fast as it did the time before. I'll probably do some bearing maintenance after this weekend, but that's it. The drag brake in the speedo helps a lot with making the car feel more like an electric car instead of a nitro car. I actually can't feel a difference between a brushed setup and the GTB in my ZX-5 when I changed over. The speed of the 6.5 is fantastic. It accelerates much faster than my 9x2 Fantom Vortec did and I can run for 9 1/2 minutes on a 3300! My old batts look like they are new when I run them with this system. It is well worth the money to at least try the system out. Better yet, if you dont like the brushless motor, you can always just hook up a brushed motor to the GTB. Anyways, here it is set up in my car:
Laterilus,
I got my Novak 6.5 Friday and after a busy weekend at the Pro Series in stock buggy, I am ready to install it this week. I really like the clean install you did on yours. Did you shorten the motor wires? If so, which end? Did you re-solder to the motor side or the speed control? Or, did you just take some from the middle and splice them back together? I have done a fair amount of soldering in my day but with this motor system being such an expensive piece of equipment, I am a little anxious about it. Especially with the solder joints being so close together. I'd hate to get sloppy on this one and have it be difficult to fix. Do you have any tips on this process?

Also, I got to watch Ben on one of his qualifying runs today at the Pro Series mod races and the ZX-5 looked great. It was every bit as smooth and fast as any of the others on the track. Wish I had time to stay around for the mains.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Well done Guys what an effort 3 ZX5's in the top 4 placings this should send a clear message that this is the buggy to have!!!!

Ben please PM me or post your set up that would be great.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the lick to the results and photo's I would like to drool!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

well i would have to say .. i had a great time at planet for the ec pro series round 1... ben you were flyin man.. dayton you 2
just happy i made the A..

i hope that some of the planet guys will make it out to joliet for round 3...

Mike Z

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.