Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
kyosho electric offroad >

kyosho electric offroad

kyosho electric offroad

Old 10-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

I called Kyosho America to find out the deal with the upgrades. I think the CF compenents will be put on my buggy just as soon as they are all released. I even discussed a possible team kit that would include all the goodies. I would rather them put that out for people then have to piece it together.

That front piece is labeled D, and there is only one other part which is close enough to work.

Are you still running yours with the 12 turn motor? I am anxious to see the performance leap with the brushless setup. My friends have suggested trying a lipoly battery, but from my airplane experience if lipolys get damaged - they like to catch on fire or explode which is not good...lol.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Kyosho are offering Carbon fibre composite parts rather than carbon fibre (laminate), moulded basically, just like the main chassis.
I tried to get these to review but was unable to.

I will be getting hold of some actual carbon fibre (laminate) parts to review, they are not from kyosho though. I'll let you know more about them when they are in my hands.

After reading your post today, it might be just bad luck with the brace, but i went to a friend who is a hobby machinist, and he is working on an alloy brace right now, hopefully i will have it in time for this weekend to test, if he wants to make more of them i will pass on his details, if its too much work he might not want to though..
Old 10-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Glad to hear. I think some of what I am doing is R&D for the buggy here in the US. I am taking pictures of the car and track to send to Kyosho America to show them whats happening here on the South FL tracks.

Keep me posted on the alloy parts. I would want some for myself! Your input has really helped me get my buggy race ready. Now all I need to do is get a nicely painted body...lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default zx5

hi is it possible to post pic of the problem thaqt u had with the car !!
and what is your impression of the car!
i know what jimmy {oople}thinks about the car!~
thanks!!
Pete68
Originally Posted by airborneSGT
Glad to hear. I think some of what I am doing is R&D for the buggy here in the US. I am taking pictures of the car and track to send to Kyosho America to show them whats happening here on the South FL tracks.

Keep me posted on the alloy parts. I would want some for myself! Your input has really helped me get my buggy race ready. Now all I need to do is get a nicely painted body...lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

airborneSGT, what other part are you using in place of the part labeled "D"? I looked at the options from the rear pivot braces, but all of them are of different angles to adjust the toe-in for the rear. Is there one that is close enough to the normal front brace so that there isn't a lot of toe-out for the front of the buggy?
Oople, have you gotten the aluminum brace yet? This is really the only downfall that I can find on this buggy to date. I've bought three spare front bulkhead trees just to have that front plastic brace ready! Hopefully someone soon can get this piece made in aluminum so the shock from a hit will go to the a-arms.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Hey there,
Did you have all 3 screws in that front brace when it broke ?
got the front brace its here:

http://oople.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Nice Oople, very nice. Of course I'm sad though that I've got to wait for a company over here to start making them. I hear that some folks on this side of the pond are trying to do what your friend had done for you over there.

Yes, I did have all three screws in when mine broke. In fact, it took a chunk of the front bulkhead with it when it snapped. When I first walked up to my car, it looked just like a car that had broken a front a-arm.... you know, when one of the arms is just hanging off to the side. I was quite surpised and upset when I saw that brace snapped in half! It was wierd to see the arms and hubs still intact. See, I think that Al brace will also protect the bulkhead from getting broken as well. You'll notice when the plastic brace breaks, the screw holding it into the bulkhead will pull the bulkhead with it causing it to break. Well, if the brace doesn't break, the bulkhead won't get pulled in a breaking direction and the force of the shock will go into the arm. 2.50$ fix, and it would only take roughly 5 minutes to take care of.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

oople, any chance of your buddy making a couple others for me? I'm willing to pay for them!!
Old 10-27-2005, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey any of you guys running the car notice any torque steer . Watching the Kyosho video it didn't look like it had any.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Mine has no torque steer what so ever. Very smooth to drive and tracks very straight.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Yea i cant say ive noticed any torque steer, car is very stable.

Sorry DJ, he cant do any more due to the time involved its just not worth while for him
Im sure someone will come out with one soon though
Old 10-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ZX5

HI DO U HAVE A LINK FOR THE VIDEO!!
THANKS!!
Pete68

Originally Posted by ffactory666
Hey any of you guys running the car notice any torque steer . Watching the Kyosho video it didn't look like it had any.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello there!Hope you are enjoying your ZX-5's.I used to make such braces for older Lazers,so I can probably make this one too in any number of pieces and have them sent anywhere in the world(based in Greece but travelling frequently).Since I do not have the car though(preparing to market my own design ),I would have to get some dimensioned drawings(not anything formal or complicated,just manually generated drawings to produce a prototype for everyone interested to see.I can do quite a lot of pieces in carbon,kevlar,steel and aluminium for any enthusiasts out there.Post your ideas/needs for more details.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any word on the 2wd buggythat ran at the worlds and its release date?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

It is exciting to see the intrest everyone is expressing towards the Kyosho vehicles. As far as the 2wd I will be going to Japan in a few weeks for the Kyosho 1/8 Masters race and also seeing how the 2wd is coming along. There is no definite date at this time for this project but it is coming along.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service